Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 196 ]  [ Total: 196 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 86

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/20/2020 :  12:38:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Afternoon,

Rick thanks for the cold soda. Wasn't sure where the bridge was but I thought that it may effect train travel; glad to hear that's not the case.

Karl glad you returned home safely. There is nothing like your own comfy bed; not to mention a hot shower and shave.

Philip nice to hear from you. Yes I know what that's like being so busy; although not so much anymore.

Mike your halfway there; keeper going. You'll have to post a photo of your "real life" scratch build when your finished.

Jerry enjoy the beach; pretty soon it'll be too chilly unless your into "polar swimming".

Low 80's today in Central NY and sunny. Went down to 54 last night, brrr. Ran lots of errands this morning and a bee guy is coming this afternoon to hopefully eliminate some Yellow Jackets from the side of my house. Maybe some bench time in between.

Enjoy your day and stay safe.

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 08/21/2020 :  08:28:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning! Coffee & Donuts on the table! Breakfast of champions!

Mike your woodworking project looks great!

Heading to work shortly, caulking windows
Have a nice day!

Philip

Edited by - Philip on 08/21/2020 08:29:59 AM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/21/2020 :  08:49:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Philip thanks for opening and the coffee and donuts!!

Rick must be sleeping in this am.

Beautiful day here in South Jersey sunny/67. Later on 82.

It will be another beach day.

Took the day off from building walls for the mill.
Later tonight I'll start the next one.

Kids and grandkids this weekend.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/21/2020 :  10:01:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and nice going to sunny and hot today in MI. Weíve a hot spell coming along this weekend into next week.

The mower will likely get a bit of a run sometime today, or not.

Had my first haircut in months yesterday. Lots of gossip being spread around that place, be awhile before I go back.

The Doll has Oliver Twist on the TV this morning, quite a story,

The State of MI has opened up some new appointment slots for driverís license renewal at Secretary of State offices and I was able to jump online and get an appointment for next Monday in the afternoon in nearby Ionia, MI. Much better than the Oct. slots i had available when I looked in July. I settled for a late Sept appt in the UP at that time that Iíll keep in hand until Iíve sure this one works out. MI has sure got big problems with all thatís going on. Iíve a license that has been expired since mid July.

Everyone have a good day. Be well, be safe.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 08/21/2020 10:03:51 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/21/2020 :  10:10:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin. I definitely can feel I am slowwwly getting better. The miracles of modern drugs. Still itís a tough journey. Walking morning then 10 minutes is hard pouring a gallon of milk is taxing. But, I am going to get there.

Not sure I have seen Oliver Twist. Watched some more hockey last night even though the Black Hawks are out of the playoffs. Watched 30 seconds of basketball since they returned and maybe 2 minutes of baseball. Had no plan to watch the Democratics and none for the Republicans. Terry just eats that up which is opposite of when we got married in September 1976. Have a safe day.

TomO

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/21/2020 :  12:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All,

Philip thanks for the coffee and doughnuts; yes the breakfast of champions!

Jerry enjoy your beach time and keep those walls going.

Karl luckily our licenses were renewed before all this craziness started. Are they giving out tickets if you get caught with an expired license? Yea for the haircut.

Tom keep going; baby steps and you'll feel better soon. Not watching any politics; just a waste of good TV.

Mike hows the Cabinet coming along.

Rick where are you.

Warming up some today into the high 80's; still not as bad as the 90's. The Wife is taking me out to dinner for my birthday... yup another year older. Bench time today and a restful rest of the day.

Guys have a great day and stay safe.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/21/2020 :  12:51:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Are they giving out tickets if you get caught with an expired license?

Not until Sept. 30, but that, like everything else is at the whim of gretch'n. When I first tried I couldn't get an appointment until 20s of October.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 08/21/2020 :  1:09:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My pleasure!

Philip

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/21/2020 :  1:49:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon folks,

Philip, thanks for the coffee and doughnuts.

Jerry, hope you had fun at the beach.

Tom, hope you continue to improve, slowly or quickly. Improvement is good.

Larry, Happy Birthday

Karl, good luck with the license.

97F here today.

Cabinet is progressing well. Today I plan to put shiplap on the back and one side. Next will be the front doors and roof.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/22/2020 :  06:57:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly cloudy, with a high near 88.

Poor clock management caused me to miss breakfast here yesterday.
Got home after a long day and pretty much went straight to bed.

Mike, cabinet is looking very good.

Larry, a belated very Happy Birthday

Tom, glad you're starting to feel better.

Karl, congrats on getting the lawn and hair mowed and good luck with the license.

Jerry, hope you enjoyed the beach and your break from the bench.

Philip, nice to see you in the lounge and thanks for getting us started yesterday.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/22/2020 :  08:01:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Good to see you got some rest.

97F again today, no rain.

Hope to work in shop again today.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/22/2020 :  08:05:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, sunny and pleasant going to sunny and hot here in MI today and the next few, another cluster of 90s on the forecast chart.

Heading to step daughter's step daughter's graduation open house this afternoon. Not much else planned. The Doll is in a funk, wants to head back N asap. Me, I'm enjoying the break from the camper.

The furniture making is going well Mike.

Happy Birthday, Larry.

Have great Saturday's all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/22/2020 :  08:48:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
You were missed yesterday. I hope your well rested today!

Larry a belated Happy Birthday may you have many more.

Nice cabinet Mike.

Well Diane's son never made it here yesterday. Supposed to show up this morning.
No grandkids either as the weather is not a beach day!

Speaking of weather its cloudy here in South Jersey 73.

Maybe some bench time later this afternoon. Seeing there are T-storms in the area.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/22/2020 :  09:56:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee and B'day wishes. I think one more year and I'm going to stop having birthdays; I'll freeze on that age... if only. I bet the rest felt really good after a long day.

Mike thanks for the b'day wishes. enjoy your shop time. Your project is looking good so far.

Karl enjoy the open house and be safe. Thanks for the b'day wishes. Campers are ok but it's not like being home.

Jerry thanks for the b'day wishes; hopefully I'll have a few more. Enjoy your bench time; I'm sure your making great progress.

Tom how are you feeling today, better I hope.

Philip have a great day.

Low 80's here in Central NY today and little more humid. A little bench time this morning and going to "whack away" at the garage front some more. Woking on a ladder is slow going but I'm getting there.

Have a great day guys and stay safe.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/22/2020 :  10:18:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning. Best I have felt this morning in weeks. I hope it lasts, thank you for the well wishes. Yesterdayís teleconference was interesting with my doctor. She says with my immunities compromised to stay at home with no visitors especially college age or kids 6-10. She says UW feels the next biggest group of carriers of COVID after partying college age is the 6-10 year olds.
Labs now will be Wednesday only instead of 3 days a week. She says my worst drug days should be behind me. I hope.

Things are looking up but the process still will be slow. I texted the SIL that my grass is shaggy and he has offered to cut it personally not have the crews do it. He is bummed as the tie manufacturer called yesterday and delivery is into September now with no date. They do have about 600í of rail down from the quarry to the mainline but thatís it. Have a great safe day.

TomO

Page: of 86 Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000