Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 161 ]  [ Total: 166 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 85

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/18/2020 :  12:12:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Lunch is usually good at Wegmans; I used to have lunch from there when I wanted to treat myself. Hopefully you get a work call soon.

Tom hang in there; they get it figured out soon. I used to work with a young lady who had Lupus and it took some time to get her meds balanced; but once they did she felt great. It's not the same thing but sounds like the solution is the same.

Karl safe travels going home. Glad to hear that your new place will be "buttoned up" before the snow starts.

Jerry sounds like your moving right along on the walls; wow #5 and #6 already. Enjoy your beach time.

Mike, yes I'm glad that the internet has been fixed. Sorry to hear about your plants. Were you able to save any of them? That's has to be the ultimate scratch build; a 1:1 scale.

Mid 70's here in Central NY; sounds like the whole country is cooling down some. Grocery shopped at Wegmans this morning and will work some more on my garage after lunch.

Guys have a great day and stay safe.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/18/2020 :  5:15:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After a great day at the beach with friends its time for a nice cold beer!!

If you around stop on by. The bar is fully stocked so take your choice.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/18/2020 :  8:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll have a beer with you Jerry.
Bought a coffee porter today that I'm going to open now.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/18/2020 :  9:57:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will have a drink with you all. I have been invited to a lot of zoom and WebEx meetings of late. Fellow modelers who can not attend shows. Is anyone else joining any of these meetings? Is there interest here?

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/19/2020 :  07:12:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Partly sunny, with a high near 81. Chance of rain off and on all day.

Bunch of things I want to get done today so going to keep this brief.
Work called yesterday morning.
Need to call the crew callers later today to mark back up to my old job.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/19/2020 :  08:43:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

How about some scrambled eggs with bacon and English muffins this morning. Something simple.

Weather in South jersey cloudy with rain later on.

This will not be a beach day!!

Maybe some work on the Mill later on.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/19/2020 :  09:07:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Jerry, that breakfast hit the spot.

Cooler today with high only 95F. It is cool out this morning at 66F.

Larryc, I put the plants back in the ground, but several stems were broken. We'll see.

Larry, Division One of the Lone Star Region has been conducting it's monthly meetings on Zoom since March. We've had full agendas including clinics. The NMRA presented many clinics in their NMRAx series. I suspect those are recorded somewhere on the NMRA site.

Jerry, have fun on the mill...slowly you turn, step by step...

Karl, hope your trip home was uneventful.

Wife had bridge party today, so I plan to be in the shop all day.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/19/2020 :  09:27:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from coolness of the deck. More labs and my wife says I can vacuum upon my return. Not as exhausted but 2-3:30 seems now to be my nap time. Now if I could sleep from midnight to 6 it would be great.

TomO

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/19/2020 :  10:17:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Glad to hear work called. I read that Amtrak is not reopening a bridge area in Jersey; will this affect your job?

Jerry thanks for breakfast. Simple is good. Keep those walls coming; are you "cross eyed" yet?

Mike they'll come back with a little TLC. Fingers crossed. Enjoy your shop time.

Tom "not as exhausted" is certainly a step in the right direction. Maybe a daily nap is what you need right now so that the meds can work and your body can start to recover. Easy on the cleaning though.

Karl how's things going?

High 70's here in Central NY today with sun and a cool breeze. Well day 3 and no internet failure....yippee! Removed the basketball hoop on the garage front yesterday along with some other sticks. It took quite awhile to get down; I'm not too keen working on a ladder high up anymore. I need to learn not to build stuff so well so that it comes down easier. Will be putting up another couple of rows of siding today; a little at a time.

Have a great day everyone and stay safe.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/19/2020 :  2:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and 75 in the midst of our trip home. S bound and down near Alma, Mi. We just took a whiz stop and switched drivers. The Doll did theZthing most of the way. Traffic is fine moving 80 in the posted 75 xway speeds.

Progress is going well on the house. Hammerin Dan sheathed the whole half roof single handed yesterday and done at 10 the morning as we rolled out. The Dollís brother and sis in law stopped by yesterday and looked our place over and was impressed. Theyíre staying near Mackinac City.

Probably will have work to do once home. Hot shower and shave early in that task list.

Driving they an area with windmill after windmill destroying the scenic view as well as distracting the he:: out of driving.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 08/19/2020 2:34:55 PM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/20/2020 :  07:02:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 82.

Karl, hope you made it home safely and good news on the new home progress.

Larry, I think you're talking about the bridge just east of Newark station.
Not opening is good for us.
It opens rarely now to let ships pass under it and it's so old now they're afraid that if they open it it won't close.

Tom, glad you're feeling better and I'm doing some vacuuming today.

Mike, hope hiding in the shop was successful.

Jerry, all the walls done?

Got some indoor chores this morning.
I'll take the dog for a walk in the park later.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/20/2020 :  08:47:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and nice outside in lower MI this morning.

We arrived home a bit after 4 pm after a decent drive. Things are horribly dry around here, there will be a little mowing to do but not much. A hot shower and shave felt good for sure. Would love to stay N but after about 10 days get cramped in the bed in a box unit. The real bed was nice.

Not sure on any plans today, that's ok.

Good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/20/2020 :  09:18:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Karl glad you made it home safely.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/64. Later on 82.
This will be a beach day!!

No the walls are not done yet but getting close.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 08/20/2020 :  10:26:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning guys. No I haven't abandoned you all, just busy,busy,busy. I look in everyday!

Cooler weather today!

Have a blessed day!

Philip

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/20/2020 :  10:35:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee

Took my Mom to lunch yesterday. First time out eating since February. We went early and were the only ones in the restaurant. We both had a seafood platter, so good. At 92, she is still getting around well.

Had a good afternoon in the shop. Only have 22 boards of 44 left to convert to ship lap for the cabinet. Can't wait to start assembly.

96F today, and it won't cool down until October.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Page: of 85 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.75 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000