Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 202 ]  [ Total: 207 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing
Page: of 85

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/12/2020 :  11:02:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coup-de-ya in the main lodge.

Sunny and more severely clear and pleasant today. The big truck just dropped off trusses for the cabin. Tomorrow the lifting rig comes. The trusses are amazing pieces of engineering, triangles upon triangles.

The Dollís daughter and granddaughter come late today will be here all weekend. Will be fun showing them around.

Stopped at neighborís project down the road. His place is moving along slowly. Heís doing about half the work himself. Heís in no hurry. Still hasnít finished one he has on s lake near us at home.

I hear a road trip coming on. Time to run. Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/12/2020 :  1:54:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon from Wisconsin. I cannot wait for August to end. No news on medical front. Begged for Lymes disease test and finally got it and they also did a Mosquito test for East or west Nile diease. Then on top of it for lunch today I started choking and finally my sister was able to help with the Heimlich. Boy was that a scary experience, needless to say I am not hungry. Still trying to relax from that. When I feel better this afternoon, Terry, my sister and I have been invited to tour the new place by the contractor. I feel like I am in some surreal soap opera!

TomO

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 08/12/2020 :  2:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have not been around lately. More medical problems. Everything is back to normal now.

TomO I think you have me beat. Hope everything works out for you.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Roland

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/12/2020 :  3:48:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roland, a contest neither of us want. Be safe

Tom

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/12/2020 :  6:06:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roland glad to hear your better.

That goes for you to Tom please get healthy we need every able body here on the forum.

With that news I think the bar is open for all to have a drink.

Cold ones in the fridge with the soda and white wine.

Bourbon, Scotch, Rye & Whiskey on the back bar.

Red wine and the mixes in the well.

I'll have a Eagle Rare to start the party going.
Just because wall 2 is done!!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Edited by - TRAINS1941 on 08/12/2020 6:09:03 PM

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 08/12/2020 :  8:46:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jerry. I'm not much of a drinker (except coffee) but you got me with the red wine.

Roland

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/13/2020 :  08:05:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly cloudy, with a high near 84 with rain and thunderstorms all day.

Jerry, no beach today.

Larry, hope you got everything done.

Mike, I know paperwork is necessary but not very fun.

Karl, glad you arrived safely and progress is continuing.

Tom, hope you're feeling much better and the tests give an answer.

Roland, sorry you haven't been feeling well but glad you're doing better.

Missed the open bar.
Felt exhausted and went to bed early.
Been feeling very tired, achy and have had a headache off and on for 4 days now along with a few other issues.
Finally called the DR. and he said to go get a Covid test and faxed my work saying I need to isolate again for two weeks.
Having a cotton swab shoved up my nose was one of the least enjoyable procedures ever.
Will take about a week or two for results.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/13/2020 :  09:10:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best to you Rick. Hopefully itís all negative.

Super clear yesterday. Nice all day, today the Dollís daughter and granddaughter are here for the weekend. Time to head to town to meet up with them. Unfortunately there is rain in the area.

Good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/13/2020 :  09:14:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Just hope your test comes back negative.

At least it will give you some time to work on a model!!!

We had rain yesterday like you wouldn't believe in South Jersey...
Looks like the beach is out again today!
Rain/77 and T-storms later.

The start of wall #3 later today!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/13/2020 :  09:31:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the deck in Wisconsin. Thanks Rick for opening and hope you feel better. I know what exhaustion feels like. Still waiting for lab results but the one result I have is negative for COVID. Rick, you must have had someone having a bad day, 3 COVID tests so far and no issues! Roland, think positive, it doesnít always work but it better then the worry. Karl, glad things are moving at a good UP pace for you and the Doll. Jerry, I checked in last night around midnight but the lounge was dark. Good thing as no booze allowed until they figure this out.

The scariest or at least top 3 was my choking incident. Not sure what would have happened if Terry and my sister werenít here! Glad thatís over. Never made it to the train yard or the new house yesterday. Later today as we are taking a trip to clown town. Delavan, Wi. Is home to the USA clown museum and where Ringling Brothers put their first circus together. Mainly just a ride through and pictures of statues in the park but this is my sisterís last full day here. Tomorrow she is off to house sit for the baby brother in Desert Mountain, Arizona. Have a great day.

TomO

Edited by - tloc on 08/13/2020 09:32:55 AM

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/13/2020 :  09:40:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope you feel better soon.

Karl, must be fun to see the building progressing.

Tom, hope the tests resolve the problems. Wow, glad someone was near to do the Heimlich. Very scary.

Roland, glad your health has improved.

106F today, enough said.

Helping a friend with computer problems then back to lodge to finish paperwork.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/13/2020 :  10:51:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Hope your test comes back negative. I've seen the test done; it looks like they shove the swab so far up your nose that they "tickle" your brain. Can't be pleasant.

Roland nice to see you back and feeling better.

Karl enjoy your company.

Jerry congrats on getting wall #2 done. Onward and upward to #3.

Tom thankfully Terry and your sister were around when you were choking. That had to be awful. Don't dwell on "what might have been"; but be thankful for what was. Enjoy the Clown Town ride.

Mike good luck with your friend's computer. They work when they want to and you can't hurry them up.

High today is going to be in the upper 80's once again. Tomorrow only in the 70's; so outside work for sure.
Quite the day yesterday which ended about 7pm last night. Had the cable company out because our internet keeps dropping; so no internet then no online or TV watching as we stream our TV. He couldn't fix the problem because our ground connection was bad. So called the electric company and they were at the house in less than 1 hour. An older gentleman checked our whole system and everything was good. It appears that the cable company's cable line in creating feedback though the system; so if we continue to have a problem then they will have return and fix it or else!

Everyone have a great day and stay safe.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/14/2020 :  08:42:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Scattered showers, mainly after 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 85.

Larry, hope you get the internet sorted out.

Mike, you're a good friend.

Tom, how was the clown museum?

Jerry, 3'rd wall started?

Karl, enjoy your stay.

Thanks for the well wishes.
Feel much better today.
Think I finally got rid of the headache.
Nothing too stressful today.

Have a great day everyone.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/14/2020 :  09:21:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone from the deck in Wisconsin. Our weather is changing today from the beautiful dry days to beautiful and humid. Spoiled the last few days. Yesterdayís trip was a major disappointment as Delavan is over hyped by its website and the TV show Discover Wisconsin. A couple circus memorial type informational statues and signs, some nice murals but. A worn out city with an older population, a great looking downtown that is either empty or a restaurant. Maybe itís the COVID but the city IMO has nothing to offer but the drive over through the slightly rolling hills off interstate roads was a treat. Terry drove 100% of the way as I do tire out very easily. I do feel pretty great this morning and hope it continues.

I do know how lucky I was in my choking incident that still shakes me up remembering how quick it happened and the feeling...

We are headed out to the new house this morning after my labs today and before my sister leaves. I canít wait. Then to the trains, my SIL has been strangely quiet and he has not checked in for a couple days. Be safe and have a great day.

TomO

Edited by - tloc on 08/14/2020 09:23:04 AM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/14/2020 :  09:22:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Glad to hear your feeling better.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/77. But the humidity is 87%.
Hopefully it will clear and we can have a beach day will see.

Karl glad you made it there safely.

Mike nice of you to help with his computer.

LarryC hang in there one of them will fix it!

Tom I was busy playing with my model. But thanks for stopping by. Sorry you can't have a small Eagle Rare with me.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

Page: of 85 Topic Next Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.61 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000