Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 205 ]  [ Total: 205 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 86

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2020 :  09:08:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning folks,

Rick, turns out that was a heck of a storm. Glad you are safe. Thanks for coffee.

Sounds like the east coast really got some bad weather. Hope all are safe.

100F here today, going to work at lodge again.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/05/2020 :  10:48:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
50s overnight and pleasant love humid sunshine’s going for the day. Re-heat to “MUCH ABOVE” on the temp map for the weekend into the next week or more. Time to go N again.

Mower duty yesterday, seems to beat the heck out of me to use the new rig, the zero turn is more easy on the old bones.

Guys, that’s a lot of pressure on the bridge project!! Thanks for the encouragement, hard for 90 percenter like me to ever finish anything. Maybe before snow. I did put a few parts on yesterday in a lull in my morning before I decided to mow. I’m well in to the 80% range. Only been at it since mid winter.

Rx pickups to make today. The Doll is making a trip to her antiquity emporium today to restock her booth, some things have been selling well while we’ve been gone.

Everyone have a good day. Hope all the storm damage is handled soon. TomO that is something about Native Floridians, they take ‘caines in stride and are horrified at our winter. Cousin in Jax just loves me to send snow pics but wouldn’t EVER think of traveling up here. Big storm comes along it’s ho hum, gas the generator and expect no power for a week...such is life.

Well, road time, everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/05/2020 :  10:55:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick thanks for the coffee. Glad that you got home safely and still have power. Those pics of the transformers is crazy. It's gotta take awhile to get the mess cleaned up and everything back in good working order for the trains.

Jerry hope everything is well with you and yours.

Tom lots of snow and high winds has to be almost as bad especially if you loose power....Brrr.

Philip I'm plugging along just like everyone else.

Mike don't work too hard at the Lodge today; but enjoy.

Karl we are supposed to heat back up next week also. Usually it gets hot around Fair time but that's been cancelled this year altogether; so maybe the heat won't be as bad.Lol.

Well we caught a break here in Central New York. We caught the tail end of the Tropical storm but only got rain and not much in the way of wind; but it did drop the temps quite a bit. Low 70's today with some sun. Probably will do some outside stuff latter today or not. Not much else going on.
Have a good day and stay safe out there.

Edited by - Larryc on 08/05/2020 11:01:10 AM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2020 :  11:00:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening everyone

Missed the breakfast call this am.

Just a busy morning. Plus with all the kids and grandkids at the shore.
We,ve been busy with them.

I finish the first wall at least the framing.
While waiting for the wind & rain to stop yesterday.

I'm going to sit back an relax with a Eagle Rare if your around please join me,

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/06/2020 :  07:26:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Low 50s this morning in the mitten, you need your mittens. Sunshine and headed to the 70 range should be pleasant.

Headed out shortly for some service on the Doll's car at the dealership in Battle Creek. 2010 4runner with 170k miles, oil change and time for some tires, and a mortgage, 245 60/20 rubber is a) hard to find b) expensive when you can, 4th tire for $1 sale was the deal maker. Great ride, looks and drives like new and goes thru anything we've thrown it's way even in the firebreak and seasonal roads up North.

Fairs cancelled here, too, sounds like while the B1G (Graphic cuteness for Big 10) announced a schedule yesterday and then...added a yeah, well, probably not going to happen under their breath. Don't care this year.

Time to move along, everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2020 :  07:39:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly cloudy, with a high near 83.

Philip, good to hear from you.

Karl's up nice and early.

Jerry, enjoy your time with the kids.

Larry, trains are still running a weekend schedule today.

Grocery shopping and meal prep this morning.
Not sure what's in store for the afternoon.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2020 :  08:40:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Karl your up early today.

Not sure about the beach. Weather in South Jersey right now thunderstorms!
Sun is suppose to appear later will see.

Maybe another day to sit at the bench for a while.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2020 :  09:02:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

It sounds like folks on the east coast have power. Glad the hurricane didn't do more damage.

101F is forecast for today. Obviously, no rain.

Plan to take the MG on a short cruise this morning to get a haircut and a few things from the package store. Later going to install a tuneup kit on the lawnmower and try to get it started.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2020 :  09:29:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning. Glad everyone made it through the weather events. Sounds to me like the 4Runner will do some damage to Karl’s pocketbook.

Have not been feeling right and basically wasted yesterday off line and trying to relax. My sister’s dog thought I needed to be a pillow for her. She
was on me all day. Today, she is ignoring me. That’s fine. A good weather day is back enjoy yours.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/06/2020 :  09:33:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing makes for a crappy night’s sleep than knowing you need to get up early. Pretty much off and on Zs from 0500 for 0700 “wake up” finally quit trying about 6:45, we ended up late arriving, 15 mile detour and absolutely every light was red an CN had a really long Westbound we had to wait for.

Nice day, tho.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/06/2020 :  10:04:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Grocery shopping is always fun. Enjoy your afternoon.

Jerry enjoy your bench time today.

Karl sorry to hear that you didn't get much sleep; that happens to me once in awhile; not pleasant. Hopefully the vehicle didn't put too much of a dent in your wallet; but you do need good tires in the winter months. I haven't been to the Fair in years so I really don't care that it's been cancelled either.

Mike enjoy your short cruise in the MG. Good luck with the lawn mower.

Tom sorry to hear that your not feeling well. Get some more rest and hopefully you'll feel better soon.

Going to be another nice cool day today. Going to mess around with the front of the garage again and hopefully get the pieces-parts that I need to start the siding.

Have a great day guys.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/07/2020 :  06:34:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Looks like we're going to get a lot of rain.
There's talk of los of flooding.
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 11am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 82.

Larry, I keep forgetting to mention how I've been a loyal Wegman's shopper for 25 years.
One thing I'll miss when I move from this area after I retire.

Karl, I've had plenty of those nights.
Fortunately I slept very well last night.

Tom, hope you're feeling much better.

Mike, hope you got the mower running.

Jerry, looks like today could be another bench day.

Another week of work for me.
Still running a weekend schedule.
I'll be home by 1PM instead of 8PM.
All this talk of rain and flooding could cause more RR problems.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/07/2020 :  08:16:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

101F forecast for today, it's the dog days of August.

Working on mower this morning. Thanks for the encouragement folks.

Have fun,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/07/2020 :  08:55:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny with 50s this am warming to ~80 today and warmer over the weekend.

Slept well, much better than yesterday.

Dealer service trip was surreal, like a bunch of bubbles floating round, no eye contact, no conversations, everyone in a fog state. Inventory was almost nonexistent at the dealership. Prices on what they had has become astronomical. Just keep the 2010 going.

Once home we both seemed to need a recharge after the early up. Zzzs were had for a bit. Later in the day I mixed up a few sprayer fulls of weed killer and hit a couple areas in the yard that needed attention, around the house and a patch 50x50 I plan on reseeding, once a garden, it has one "volunteer" pumpkin vine growing I left alone. t has a basketball sized "punkin'" growing. After the weeds go I'll rough up the area a bit and seed it. Much easier to maintain.

Not sure of today's plans. Good luck with the mower, Mike, not fun to have broken stuff in hot weather, or much of any time. Dog days here this weekend into next week. Was even 80 up at the cabin site the builder reported when he called the Doll late afternoon. He was just in off the lake where he caught several dozen blue gills. Sorry we missed a chance to have some, what good eating they are.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/07/2020 :  10:05:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from sunny Wisconsin. Yesterday we went to see some junk yard art as one of the 15 quirky things to see in Wisconsin. I drove but was so exhausted Terry drove back. My sister’s dog decided in the car I again make a good pillow. Talked to the doc again, so I am fasting for labs and have a noon appointment to see the doc. Yes, an in person visit. She says I will be her 5th real office visit with her patients. Everything since March has been at hospital beds or tele-visits. The large scale purchase arrives today while at the doctor’s. Additional ties are due 8/12/2020 and rail around the 23rd but no real date yet on the rail. Enjoy your day.

Tom

Page: of 86 Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.81 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000