Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 188 ]  [ Total: 195 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 85

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/20/2020 :  10:01:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning. Thanks Rick for getting us going and be safe out there. So the homeless are just riding back and forth?
It is a beautiful morning that ends around noon when the clouds roll in to get us ready for the rains. Those will be done
and pushed over to the prison state to our East across the big lake.

Not sure about today, yesterday I sat at the bench for maybe 20 minutes accomplishing zippo! Hope today is better.

TomO

Mark B
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/20/2020 :  10:19:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave-
I sent you a PM about the On30 stuff.
Mark B

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 04/20/2020 :  3:09:45 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
afternoon guys, thanks for the coffee
going to be a sunny 58 here in sw ohio
gonna go back to painting some more passenger cars to make a full set of 3 for the layout
then head to the train room to do some modeling on the layout

be safe out there for who is still working
and hope that all of us on lock down have some great modeling pics to share soon

On30 Dave
seen on G+, YOUTUBE and FB

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/21/2020 :  03:47:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Looks like we could have a wild weather day: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce small hail and gusty winds. High near 59.

Karl, most sets are 10/9 multi-levels.
Most crews run with 7/8 open to riders and the first and last cars closed so the crews can isolate.

Mike, runs will be easy for a couple of months probably.

Tom, homeless/drug addicts are always on our trains but normally they are a small minority.
I'd guess that maybe 20% of the people we're riding are essential.
The rest, well, the nicest way to put it is they're not essential.

I debated about posting these pics.
If you guys find find them offensive let me know and I'll remove the.
These were taken by different crews in the last week and give a small glimpse of why we don't go through the trains.

Nice to see some additional faces in the lounge.
Hope that continues.

Stay safe, stay home, stay healthy and have a great day.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/21/2020 :  08:40:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Rick et al...most wouldn't/couldn't imagine the things seen like you've shown. I'd not wish to be in that. I backed down on my participation with EMS work with my fire department when the AIDS biohazard and blood borne toxins came to the forefront in the late 80s. Scared then and let others braver than I have all that stuff they wanted.

I had an ok day yesterday, the weather was around 50 so some outdoor stuff got done and the sun was out so the light was good on the work table and I got a few more parts glued down for the bridge project I'm working on. It rained and blew most of the evening but it's just blowing this morning, while the priestess in charge says we're not tuff enough. Patronizing arrogant and politically ambitious brat. Lockdown is just going great.

Be careful Rick. I'm glad most of us aren't riding the trains with our belongings in a Patients' Belongings bags and a pink sippy cup.

What's happening with the Little Rocket Man? What a world we live in.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/21/2020 :  09:02:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Rough job seeing those folks. Glad the RR is closing some of the cars for crew.

ITs 63F now, headed to 82F. Rain maybe.

Accomplished quite a few honey do list items yesterday, and only have one left for today. Afterwards, workbench.

Rick, the dog got a little too rambunctious yesterday and got lit up by the fence. She did a double back flip. Yikes. Puppies!

Have fun and be safe,
Mie

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/21/2020 :  09:21:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from another beautiful looking Wisconsin morning, but even though the winds are calmer the trees tops are sure moving around. Thanks Rick for that response.
Homeless is a tough thing to see, interact with and solve the issue. In this pandemic in Madison the City has rented the empty rooms at hotels and moved the folks there. I have no answers but boy we have to do something. I couldnít handle you job, be well and safe.

I miss cut a piece of styrene and now am short on a Paper Mill building. The LHS doesnít have it and I didnít order it. I have pieces that might finish it off if I can hide the seams. Enjoy your day.

TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/21/2020 :  11:31:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

That is a real shame that you have to work under those conditions.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/60. Later 65 with severe thunderstorms!!

Maybe I'll get to play in the train room today if my wood gets here.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Randy May
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/21/2020 :  1:35:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
..........while the king in the white house in charge says we're not tuff enough. Patronizing arrogant and politically ambitious brat. Lockdown is just going great. ,,,,,,,randy,,,,,,,since this model railroad forum is full of rightwing innuendo's,,,I'll jump in as well with a opposite view,,,,,,,,,,to bad,,,this railroad line forums used to be about model railroading.....randy

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/21/2020 :  3:39:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would appreciate it if we could keep politics out of the lounge.
Thank you very much.

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 04/21/2020 :  9:22:12 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
evening guys,
rick..... i feel for you guys and first responders,
as most people know i operate a heavy wrecker and the things we see and assist with is just as bad
as what you have been describing, glad they have separate cars available

just in the modeling mode until i find work again so i am off to take a stab at deciduous trees for the fall color scene
that i am modeling

glad the weather held off a bit today, 60 and windy......t-storms came about 4am and ran through in about 20 min

hope tomorrow will be better for outdoor painting

be safe and see you guys in the am

On30 Dave
seen on G+, YOUTUBE and FB

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 04/21/2020 :  11:11:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Evening !

Went over the rider mower today sharpened 4 blades, air in tires, full of gas, and ready for tomorrow! Suppose to be really nice tomorrow! I'm sure something will break!

Still laying low still thru this Zombie apocalypse. Wish it would end! I also cut some 2"x6" 1/2" plywood today for a future addition to the modules.

Sprayed for bugs and critter around the house today. Normally this time of year the ants are coming in Armies. Didn't see a one!

Locking up, key under the mat!

Night! Philip

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/22/2020 :  04:32:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 51.

First responders are the true heroes.
Police, firemen, ambulance crews, ER Drs. and nurses, etc.
I don't think I would do well in any of those positions.

If you look closely in the pictures I posted you'll notice that other than the subject of the picture, the rest of the train is empty.
That's the main point I wanted to make.

TGIF

Stay safe, stay home, stay healthy and have a great day.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/22/2020 :  08:22:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Make sure you stay safe out there.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/30! Later/53!
This is not our typical Spring weather by a long shot.

No wood yet so I'll have to find something else to do in the model room.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/22/2020 :  08:23:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Rick and Crew. It always amazes me with how much wealth North America has we see pictures like you posted.

Not sure what today will bring, it is 34 per the computer and 100% rain. I am not sure where the 100% rain is because itís dry
looking outside the windows here. The weather guy last night and the computer this morning says we will hit 60+ will low winds.
I sure hope so, the sun has been nice but even with high 40ís the last few days the wind chill never got higher then 35.Be safe
and have fun doing what you do today.

TomO

Page: of 85 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000