Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 195 ]  [ Total: 201 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 85

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/30/2020 :  07:33:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the deck in Wisconsin. The weather app says foggy and 66f degrees. I will ignore the wispy clouds and the bright sun because the app say fog.
The high today is high 70ís and I am hoping for 80.

The transport company doing the hauling for the large scale RR says they want to be there Monday and the sellers estate says great. Still canít believe after all the
years dreaming of this itís almost real. Not much today as I was told no more closet painting till a Monday, 3 down, 6 to go! Enjoy your day.

TomO

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/30/2020 :  07:35:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Forecast 100F today and no rain. Also, I can see trimming bushes in the forecast for today.

Finished the carcass for garden cabinet and now on to the shiplap siding.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/30/2020 :  08:18:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Good luck with the eye Doc.

BLT'S that sounds like we should be at Larry's for lunch!

Weather in South Jersey sunny/69. Later 93. But the dam humidity will spoil the day again at 92%.

Need the lawn sprinkler guy to come over the pump is running but no water is coming forth.

Maybe the beach after that depends on what time he can get here. Always something.

I manged to get 30 minutes in on the Mill. That's all I could take.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 07/30/2020 :  10:27:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and temp in 50s early this morning. Should go to 70s today.

After the eagle pics Dan the the builder brought me an old rough carved wooden Eagle to touch up the paint job on and display somewhere when the place is done.
He also brought a baggie of fresh smoked lake trout. I had to put it down before I ate it all up. These guys like to talk. Quite the stories! Lots of wildlife and wild life.

There was a real serious accident we saw last evening while out after eating dinner. The restaurant was so cold I was shivering and Ms Always Boiling was cold. It seems social distancing isnít allowing the dining area to have enough people heat to counter the cool set for keeping the kitchen staff comfortable. There was a medical airlift chopper at the accident scene we could see 1/4 mi down from where we had turned onto the highway, US-2. Luckily for us home was the other way. I can imagine the backup ended up being significant. People drive quite fast on 2 as the posted limit is 65, so 70+ isnít uncommon. Lots of impatience between passing lane sections here. Some fellow ruined his day Sat kickin his bike to pass a camper and met a truck heíd overlooked coming his way.

Time to get at the day. Fish dinner later at the buildersí place.

Good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 07/30/2020 10:30:35 AM

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/30/2020 :  11:32:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Wow lots of tests; that must keep you busy. We had tests periodically at work which were mostly health related as we processed and packaged food items. The BLT's were awesome; need to get my fill before homegrown tomatoes disappear. Good luck at the eye Doc.

Tom I'm excited for you getting your new railroad bits. I'm sure that it will be well worth the wait.

Mike trimming bushes is always "fun"; I did mine yesterday. Good luck with the garden cabinet.

Jerry, yes the BLT's were tasty along with the french frys. Stuff usually has a way of popping up when you least expect them to. Hopefully you can get some beach time in today.

Karl good stories are like a fine wine.... they just keep getting better with age. There is nothing like fresh food no matter what it is. People need to slow down and not be in such a hurry to get "nowhere fast". Enjoy your fish dinner later.

Low 80's today in Central New York and low humidity. Going to do some outside work after lunch.... what's for lunch you ask... yup you guessed it BLT's.

Have a great day guys and stay safe.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 07/30/2020 :  11:49:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing like good home grown tomatoes to make a great b-l-T! Pseudo tomato on my salad last night was so pasty pale and totally devoid of taste it was sad.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/31/2020 :  06:12:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Finally getting a little much needed rain.
Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 79.

Nothing better than a home grown Jersey tomato.

Larry, sounds like you've got some nice weather to do outdoor chores.
Been too hot and humid to do much here.

Karl, so how was the fish?

Jerry, sprinklers fixed?

Tom, exciting news about the new RR.

Another week of work for me.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/31/2020 :  07:04:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Sprinklers fixed? NO! Can't come until Monday.
Off to have the car inspected. Due this month but we just got the registration.
Guess there short handed because of the virus.

Weather in South Jersey rainy/70. More of that later!

The kids start arriving in Seaside to there rentals today. Lousy day to start your vacation though.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Edited by - TRAINS1941 on 07/31/2020 07:05:57 AM

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/31/2020 :  08:39:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope you have a safe week on the job.

Larry, thanks for trimming wishes. Sadly, the gas powered hedger would not start. I tried everything and finally gave up just as the temperature hit 100F. I'll try again today.

Jerry, hope the weather clears for the family beach time.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 07/31/2020 :  09:06:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and cool this morning. Down to mid 50s in the wee hours. Going to be in 70s and nice today.

Fish fry at Bob the builderís was great, fresh caught bluegills and walleye as well as home cut French fried potatoes . Had an interesting chat with all, Bobís wife is 1/8 Native American and interesting.

The place is all framed in and the crew are hanging the exterior osb sheathing today from the lift rig. Bobís grandson is going to cut some trees to open our view to the big pond.

Preparing to leave tomorrow after we relocate the camper to higher ground. The power company also needs it moved to finish line burial to the next lot, the end of the current project. Of the half dozen property owners that promised to help out $$ only one has so far. The fellow next has twice promised substantial a$$i$tance but has been silent and invisible since the job has been done.

Breakfast is ready. Yíall have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/31/2020 :  09:26:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick thanks for the coffee. With the nicer weather I've finally been able to do some outside stuff. Hopefully next week I can get some bits and start siding the front of the garage; I'm sick of looking at the old wood.

Jerry good luck with the car inspection; hope it goes well. Hope your weather breaks soon and you get some tolerable weather.

Mike sorry to hear about your trimmer; maybe the second time is the charm...fingers crossed. I use a pair of manual hedge clippers that my Dad had from the early 1950's and they still work great.

Karl sorry to hear that your tomatoes on your salad was so "lack-luster". Unless there're homegrown I don't eat them; I guess I'm spoiled. Nothing like fresh caught fish to make a great meal. Sounds like the house is coming right alone. Hopefully these people will "pony up" like they promised with some $$.

Going to be another nice day with temps in the low 80's. Trash day then a stop to the hardware store for a gallon of white paint for the garage door. That will be tomorrows job as it is supposed to be quiet without much of a breeze. Spray painting in a good breeze is bad.

Enjoy your day guys and stay safe!

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/31/2020 :  09:44:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good sunny morning from the deck in Wisconsin. A nice day per the weather lady and so far she is
correct. Stay safe out in the real world Rick. Karl, find a tree stump craver to find out how much of
the cutdown tree needs to be left. We had an Eagle and a horse head carving in our garden when
we lived in Central Wisconsin. Some of those carvers are great and decently priced.

The CFO of the unnamed large scale RR told me yesterday that I am approaching the budget I ďthrewĒ
out there. I explained that a budget number is an imaginary number that will in real time today be
exceeded when I order more rail. Her comment was something like, you are getting Rail already? Told
her look what her beloved SIL has carved out already, he is more excited then I am. Comment to
the effect of, this is going to be expensive. Me, yep!

Always something around our place. Enjoy your day.
TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/01/2020 :  06:55:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 88.

Tom, can't put a price on happiness.

Larry, enjoy your time with the garage door.

Karl, sounds like you'll be moving in soon.

Mike, better luck with the hedger today.

Jerry, have fun with the kids.

Nothing special here today.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/01/2020 :  08:36:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Be careful out there today!

Well the rest of the kids should be at the door in a few minutes. A stop off to pick up there stuff on the way to the shore.
We have the bedding here for them and beds for there floor guests.

Tom can't wait to see this train in action.

Larry the car passed.

Mike good luck trimming today!

Karl be safe on the trip home.

Jerry

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/01/2020 :  09:37:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Larry, the fish fry sounds delish!

Tom, those pesky CFOs abound everywhere.

Thanks for the encouragement folks. I got the hedger started yesterday and started trimming. More to do this morning while cool.

High today is 94F. It's just a regular summer day.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

Page: of 85 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 2.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000