Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 241 ]  [ Total: 246 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-6-2 Logging tanker Locomotive Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 100

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/23/2020 :  09:57:50 AM  Show Profile
Rick thanks for the coffee. Didn't realize that he was homeless; makes sense at least is gives him a break from the streets. Guess we don't realize sometimes just how fortunate that we are.

Karl those gifts are certainly different. Glad to hear that progress is going well. Too many cats?.... never.

Mike get some rest. If I try to read late at night it just puts me to sleep.

Jerry sounds like A/C in the train room would help. Modeling is supposed to be fun not torture and a hot room certainly qualifies as torture.

Upper 80's today and most likely some rain. At 8:30 am this morning the humidity on the back porch was at 87%...yikes! Depending on the weather, and the Mrs., we may go out for dinner late this afternoon. Some bench time latter to finish up the basic garage build.

Have a great day guys.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/23/2020 :  10:16:54 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from chilly Wisconsin. I moved in from the deck after 40 minutes of 61f degrees with a good wind. Awake since 6:30 after reading till 1:30 so I figure a nap sometime today. Going for the walk. Enjoy your day.

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/24/2020 :  06:29:09 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Cloudy, with a high near 86.
Finally getting some much needed rain.

Jerry, might not be a beach today again.

Mike, all rested?

Karl, good news on the construction progress.

Larry, hope you enjoyed dinner and bench time.

Tom, nap is one of my favorite words.

Another week of work for me.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 07/24/2020 :  08:15:24 AM  Show Profile
A little more sun today than yesterday at this time, feels comfortable. Haven;t looked to see the forecast for today.

Trimmed trees and hauled debris and got worn out quick yesterday. This old stuff sucks. Took an afternoon trip to look for siding, relayed our findings to Bob in da Yoop.

Not going to get too deep into something today if I can help it. It sounds like Bob is on the phone to the Doll already this am. Need to get her back up there, I guess, before long. I'm just not a fan of our box up there.

Everyone have a good day. Hmm...saw the word nap in Rick's dayplanner, sounds good. Afterall, it's after 8 already.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/24/2020 :  08:43:29 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from the deck in my part of Wisconsin. 63 but glorious so different then yesterday, no breeze, strong sun and very calm out here. The dog walkers are finally showing up and it looks like shorts are back. No chores to do, I canít find the list...lol. No visitors on the plan. Another quiet day. I walked alone for my 2 miles this morning, 29 minutes which means I wonít tell the anchor when she wakes up. I definitely am regaining the strength back and I feel good about it.

Rick, thanks for getting the day going be safe out there. Karl, we had a place Terry got from her dad when he passed in Door County, Wisconsin. For 6 years it was a chore to go up there for a weekend and since I was still working they werenít long enough weekends even when I took some extra days. Staying when vacation time for 2 weeks was better but I get bored in the same spot after 3-4 days. The kids didnít want it, so it got sold. Now my daughter and herrfamily go to his mothers condo 3 or 4 times a summer, they are there now. Have a great day, wash your hands, social distance, wear a mask, wear clean underwear as you never know!

Tom

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/24/2020 :  08:54:52 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
You be careful out among the English!!

Larry AC would be nice maybe next year.

Good for you Tom on the walk.

Karl slow down your getting to old for all those chores. I tell that to Diane all the time . I think she needs a hearing aid!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/24/2020 :  09:26:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Yesterday started with a bust. The MG battery was dead, and I don't know if I left the key on or I wired a dead short under the dash! Hooked up the charger and went to gas up the golf cart and wash it so Mom could drive it down to the river. IT started cutting out 1.4 mile from home. I turned around, went home, and called the repair shop. Yada, yada, yada!

Today is a new day. Hot at 97F with high humidity.

Have fun,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 07/24/2020 :  1:58:39 PM  Show Profile
LarryC said ď . Too many cats?.... never.Ē

Well itís the near total lack of basic maintenance that causes way to much ďdistractionĒ olifactorily (sp) speaking.

Jerry I have hearing aids but the Doll resists the idea for herself.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 07/24/2020 2:03:03 PM

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/24/2020 :  2:01:34 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon Gents,

Rick thanks for the cold soda. Dinner was great! We stop at a little diner about 20 minutes from home and they have the BEST fried fish ever. Bench time enabled me to finish the basic garage build.

Karl easy there.... we're getting too old for hard work. Only do it when I have to. Yes when you can smell that a house has cats then that IS a problem. Mr. B's cat box gets cleaned every day; besides it's in my train room.

Tom glad to hear that you are getting your strength back. It's nice to have a quiet day sometimes.

Jerry it's funny that you mentioned about the old age thing; I tell that to my wife all the time.

Mike I hope that things go better for you today. Sounds like Murphy's Law was in full force yesterday.

Been a very busy morning. Took the trash to the transfer station, went to the store, cleaned the inside of the car, drove up the road for some fresh veggies, and made the base for the farm which was painted and is now drying. Mid 80's today with a pleasant breeze. Tomorrow we're taking a "road trip" down to the Southern Tier to spend the day with the kids and "get-out-of-Dodge" for awhile.

Have a great day everyone!

Edited by - Larryc on 07/24/2020 2:04:12 PM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/25/2020 :  06:59:47 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 90.

Running a little late so gotta keep it short today.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/25/2020 :  08:25:12 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Weather in South Jersey finally a nice day sunny/73.
Later on 86.

Grandkids (7) are on there way down so it will be a beach day!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 07/25/2020 :  08:37:37 AM  Show Profile
Sunny and warm going to HOT today in the lower midst of Michigan.

Loaded up the truck and transported some things from the barn to the landfill yesterday, nice slow ride while the temp was pleasant. I drove the perimeter of the Capital City Airport, Lansing, and was dismayed at the lack of activity. One big UPS plane was there, a cargo version of a DC-10. I saw no little planes and only one rich guy turbo prop, Gulfstream possibly. Used to be a vital active place but times have changed.

The Doll's daughter came over to work for a few hours yesterday, the 'net was down at her home and she had a deadline to meet for a work project. She is a commercial illustrator for a business that promotes the Michigan Lottery. She showed us her latest creation, a video advertisement. Amazing what can be done from one's home.

No big news here. Everyone have a good day, stay safe and cool. TomO has good advise in his last line. I guess I better check the exp date on my shorts.....

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 07/25/2020 08:38:37 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/25/2020 :  09:16:43 AM  Show Profile
Good morning. Heat index might get to 100+ today. However, the deck seems pretty nice now and no plans or places we want to go or do anyway. Still working on the weathering for the roll on/off containers/dumpsters I have been playing with. They are at the MRH forums which I just found out I canít even link to, itís under dumpster weathering, lot of advice given and pictures! No, I will not buy a Windows or Linux based laptop!

Have a safe day...
TomO

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/25/2020 :  09:21:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope your day goes well.

It's another warm day at 94F, 20% chance for rain.

MG problem was a silly one, as soon as I hooked the battery back up, the lights came on. I guess I had left the light switch on. DUH!. I drove it around and it was fun, even in the 98F heat.

Sad day today, as I attend the memorial service for Leo Palitti. Leo passed from cancer after a brief struggle. He was the kindest soul and the best structure modeler http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_lorrie___leo_palitti.html

Have fun and stay safe,
Mike

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/25/2020 :  09:52:52 AM  Show Profile

Jerry enjoy your time with the grandkids and keep cool at the beach.

Karl with all of the airlines cancelling flights I'm sure that airports are a lot slower now. Some of the TV shows are in post-production with that work being done from home; it's a slower process but at least these people are still working.

Tom that's too bad that you can't link to that website; unfortunately we still live in a "windows world" as much as that sucks.

Mike sorry to hear about Leo; my condolences. Glad to hear that the MG is up and running.

Going to be a high of 88 today with lots of sun. Probably won't be much cooler down in the Southern Tier. Thankfully the A/C in the suv works well.

Enjoy your day everyone and stay cool and safe.

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-6-2 Logging tanker Locomotive Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000