Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 188 ]  [ Total: 191 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing
Page: of 85

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/21/2020 :  5:44:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl that must be a sight seeing the "yellow submarine" in someones yard. We've used fuel oil for years. It's tends to be a little dirty but the alternative for us would be propane at about $4.29 a gallon. That's waaaay too expensive.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/21/2020 :  7:28:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening everyone.

Tom, hope the headache is gone and you're feeling better.
Can't wait till the ties come in and the building starts.

Karl, congrats on the good gas deal.
The yellow sub sounds cool.

Larry, hope the wood move went smoothly.

It's my Friday night and just came in from enjoying a very good cigar and last bit of Eagle Rare I had in a bottle and finished with a nice Stout.

No worries, I have two more bottles of Eagle Rare and one is on the counter.
Assorted beers and pop too.

If you think we have a nice spread in the lounge bar check out this set-up on one of our trains.
this was taken by another conductor last night on the last train out of NY.

Think I'll get the stereo warmed up and park my butt in the recliner.

Have a nice night everyone.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/21/2020 :  8:37:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening Rick. The headache disappeared after 3 Tylenol and a 40 minute nap. I will have a cold diet Dr Pepper. That is quite the bar on the train!
Hey, itís my Friday night too. Enjoy the evening.

TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/21/2020 :  11:26:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Rick I'll have a nightcap with you.

I think I'd skip drinking on the train bar!! What a mess.

Just a nice cold beer will do just fine.

Talk to you all in the morning.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/22/2020 :  07:16:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 95. Heat index values as high as 103.

Tom, glad the headache went away.

Felt good to get 8 hours of sleep.

Bike ride after breakfast then some indoor cleaning, dog walk and quick run to the grocery for some burgers to grill tonight.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 07/22/2020 :  08:21:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rain overnight and it's grey this morning, chilly in the house with the Doll's a/c settings. She arrived home yesterday evening and had a good trip back from the Northland.

Today we have a grandkid's birthday, one of several but others are out of state. Going to tak it easy, did the mowing yesterday so no big projects planned right now.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 07/22/2020 :  08:23:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Larryc

Karl that must be a sight seeing the "yellow submarine" in someones yard. We've used fuel oil for years. It's tends to be a little dirty but the alternative for us would be propane at about $4.29 a gallon. That's waaaay too expensive.

I'd say, my buy was at $1.39. It has come down from $1.69 two years ago. $1.59 last year.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/22/2020 :  08:49:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

South Jersey weather is cooling off only 93 but the humidity is 87%! Making for anice 103.

Nothing to report from the bench sorry to say!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/22/2020 :  09:20:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Happy weekend!

It's only 78F this morning and high forecast for 92F. It is really nice out. I'll spray a few more weeds today if the wind stay's low.

The MG is ready to wash and drive. I lowered the top yesterday. I'll post a photo when I get it out of the garage.

Hope to finish the Cricut work today on Frisco doghouse windows in 1/48 scale. It is sad that I forget so much about software and have to relearn when I use it.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/22/2020 :  09:21:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from my deck in Wisconsin. The weather folks havenít had a clue the last few days with the rain guessing but it is a nice day. This mornings walk will be on the ROW the SIL and his crew are carving out in the woods and hillside of the property. I am getting closer to our 2 miles in 35 minutes and when we hit that we will move it out to 3 miles daily. Maybe next week?

Not much going on in the new Covid19 world. The Farmers Markets we normally would hit today are not worth the visit if open. All the greenhouse production and now most of the outdoor veggies are still going to 2 food pantries. The manager and 4 workers Terry has in the greenhouses are concerned for their jobs and Terry and the daughter will meet them this morning to alleviate those fears. We donít want to lose them as Terry, Kait and the SIL have expansion plans for the greenhouse growing and the SIL wants to expand his vineyard that in a shock to me is growing very well. The wine sucks but I donít really enjoy wine anyway. Enjoy your day.

TomO

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/22/2020 :  1:14:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Afternoon from Central New York. Raining today maybe a storm latter this afternoon. Going to be in the low 80's and a little muggy.

Rick thanks for the cold soda. The train photo almost looked like the person was moving in.

Tom good to hear that your walks are getting longer and good luck on the new railroad.

Mike looking forward to the pics of the MG. A friend of mine used to own one and what a sweet ride. I think that we all have had to relearn stuff that we have not used in a long time.

Jerry that is really muggy; maybe a bench day?

Karl enjoy the grandkids; while they still want to see grandpa. Just think if the house is really cool then you won't have to rush and put the perishables away after grocery shopping.

Worked outside this morning before the rain started. Got the wood split yesterday then moved and stacked this morning. I realized that I'm not as young as I used to be.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/23/2020 :  07:34:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Maybe some rain early afternoon or at night but mostly cloudy, with a high near 91.
Had some much needed rain yesterday but very little.

Larry, there are some homeless that pretty much live on the train during the day just riding back and forth.

Tom, congrats on the improved walking.

Mike, would love a pic of the MG.

Jerry, maybe something to report today?

Karl, Happy Birthday to the grandkids.

Grocery shopping and meal prep and a bike ride this morning.
Got most of my other chores done yesterday so I should be able to relax later with a cigar.
Some stereo time at night.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 07/23/2020 :  08:27:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fog and mid 70s this morning in MI.

Dinner at daughter's was ok, nice cake, too many cats. Odd gifts, 11 yr old given a Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun,cool, BB Pistol that resembles a Sig/Sauer just like many duty carry pieces, scary real looking, and a stuffed cat he seemed most interested in.

Going to plan a trip back to the construction site soon. Progress is going well there.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/23/2020 :  08:30:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

I stayed up too late reading, so this will be short.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/23/2020 :  08:32:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Weather here in South Jersey cloudy/77 later 92.

This might NOT be a beach day again. We stayed home yesterday also with the wind out of the E there is no breeze at all. It is just too dam hot so we stayed home.

Nothing from the bench my room is to hot also.

Lets see a picture Mike.

Tom your progress is great!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

Page: of 85 Topic Next Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.78 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000