Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 163 ]  [ Total: 169 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 85

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 07/19/2020 :  08:29:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun and muggy here with showing red off to the West and North.

The trimmer worked great, I still have work to do today, or tomorrow as there is no hurry, loading some debris up and hauling it to the pile out back.

I've not heard from the North this morning yet, but it looked like quite a storm passed thru there around 0300-0400 today, the upper 1/3 of the state still showing red and yellow.

I have an invite for supper from friends that I accepted before remembering they don't have a/c, but I'll live thru it.

Everyone have a good day, cool and chill see to be the words for the day. 81/80 temp humidity sky black with impending storm whoopee

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 07/19/2020 08:59:46 AM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/19/2020 :  08:47:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Looks to be another hot July day in South Jersey sunny/78. Later on 97 with a RF/105!

Should be cooler at the beach let's hope so.

Nothing from the bench.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/19/2020 :  1:12:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Afternoon,

Jerry enjoy the beach and keep cool.

Karl enjoy supper with your friends.

Tom glad to see your sugar level is better. Cleaning....bad.

Mike happy birthday; enjoy your day and meal.

Rick thanks for the cold soda. Yes the shutters are built and were stained early this morning.

Going to be a 97 degree day with a heat advisory issued for today. Worked outside early this morning and am staying inside the rest of the day. Not much else going on.

Stay cool and enjoy your day everyone.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/20/2020 :  03:10:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Partly sunny and hot, with a high near 99.

Mike, I'm sure you enjoyed your birthday meal.

Tom, Hope you're feeling better.

Larry, more heat today so probably stay in today too.

Jerry, not too hot at the beach?

Karl, hope you enjoyed the dinner.

First day getting up at 2:30 again.
Definitely a nap after work.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/20/2020 :  07:59:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

I thought you had days again? You don't get up at 2:30 you go to bed!!!

Weather in South Jersey sunny/80. Later/98. Oh but that RF/106!!

Actually yesterday was 8 degrees cooler at the beach than at home. But not today.

Everyone stay cool and have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 07/20/2020 :  08:10:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny today and cooler than it's been. Dinner was nice with the friends last evening, the food was fine, topped off by rhubarb pie a favorite of mine.

We had 3 waves of thunderstorms yesterday from around 10 am thru 3, that gave everything a nice drink and cooled things off so the air was pleasant while at the friends' place.

I haven't checked the numbers but it seems more humid today but still pleasant, the door's open and everything is comfortable. With the weekend alone I've some cleaning to do today, when ever. The Doll is planning on returning tomorrow.

No big plans today besides the straitening up.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/20/2020 :  08:28:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Gents,

Rick thanks for the coffee. I know what you mean about a nap; the last couple of years I worked I had to be up at 2:30 am also. Went into work and made fresh squeezed juices; the only good thing was that I was done at 12:30 pm.

Jerry stay cool; maybe an inside day?

Karl rain is good especially the way this summer has been. Careful doing the housework.... cleaning bad.

High today in the upper 80's and a little more muggy. Off to the Dentist for a filling this morning.... not a big fan.

Stay cool everyone and enjoy your day.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/20/2020 :  09:12:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Thanks for birthday wishes folks.

The meal was terrific. That girl can still cook. (I do all the cooking now, so this was a rare treat).

97F again today, so not too hot.

Hope to finish the MG today. I just have to screw in two under dash panels, and vacuum.

Working on designing 3D Frisco engine number board in O scale for a friend. Also cutting out some window frames for his tender's doghouse. Trying to get back into it.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/21/2020 :  03:33:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 94.

Mike, hope the MG is done and congrats on getting some modeling time.

Larry, you're right, getting home early is the payoff.
I'm home at 11:30 and it feels like a three day weekend.
Plus daytime passengers can sometimes be a challenge but far easier to deal with than night time passengers.

Karl, glad you had a comfortable day.

Jerry, you know what they say about early to bed early to rise.

TGIF

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/21/2020 :  07:54:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/74! Later on 92.
Should be a much cooler day at the beach today!!

Mike glad to hear the MG is almost done and you got some time at the bench.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/21/2020 :  08:08:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Rick and Jerry, thanks for the encouragement. The MG did not get any love yesterday, maybe today.

Yesterday, I discovered that I had forgotten how to do some things in Inkscape (vector graphics program), so I had to watch videos to get started. !@#%^ The Cricut is updated and ready to go.

IT is going to be cool out today at 92F. I think I will spray some weeds if the wind isn't howling.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 07/21/2020 :  08:57:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Overcast this morning in lower MI, pleasant and quiet. Weather is forecast to be brighter later with some chance of precipitation later. Not a bad looking day.

Went to the propane dealer and made my winterís bulk purchase. I looked back over my records and the cost of propane in pre-buy as Iíve done the last 3 years has gone down 30 cents/gallon. One thing in the commodity market that is improved. Thatís nice. 20 cents from last year. Current price is $1.39/gallon.

No big news, things to do to prepare for the return of the Doll. Iíve kept a tight ship so little needs doing. I will probably get the green goat out and graze on the grass that has perked up after the weekend rain.

Great day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/21/2020 :  12:08:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Afternoon,

Rick thanks for the cold soda. Yes getting to leave work early is about the only benefit to getting up that early.

Jerry enjoy the beach while the weather is still nice.

Mike that's what nice about retirement; if you can't get to something one day there's always tomorrow. Glad to hear that you had a "refresher" on Inkscape. That's one thing I've never tried.

Karl nice to hear that you got a price break on your propane. I assume that's what you heat with during cold weather.

High today in Central NY is going to be 82 degrees and low humidity. Grocery shopped this morning and going to start moving a small pile of firewood in front of the garage this afternoon.

Enjoy your day guys and stay safe.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/21/2020 :  1:05:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi from the chair in the Cave. Nicer day outside but the 2 mile walk is in, a couple little things crossed off the honey-do list, but I have a rather aggravating head ache. The tough thing this afternoon is how many ties to order for the 7.5Ē gauge track. The SIL said 3 miles is his goal, wife says she doesnít care and I only have enough rail to lay 1000í. I was hoping to get that down before buying more! BurleyJim on the Morning lounge strongly suggested composite ties and Karl mentioned the real guys by him are still doing cresoted wood. Composite won and there is a company in Ohio that makes 16Ē gaged ties. Any wood ties I found are 8 or 9í but I do not want to cut them to size. I left a phone message for someone to call me. $.98 per tie is on the web page. Everyone have a great day.

Tom

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 07/21/2020 :  4:17:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Karl nice to hear that you got a price break on your propane. I assume that's what you heat with during cold weather." said Larryc

That's correct, we're miles away from any in ground nat'l gas. I had and disliked fuel oil at the first house I had. While some of the Amish in this area actually use coal it's not a viable option for us. Many in this area suppliment their heating with wood burners but I'm not a glutton for scouting out sources of wood or cutting, splitting and stacking it all year. Or going out to pack the burner 20-50 feet away from the house in the midst of a cold blast. The Doll also cooks with propane and we heat our water with it. It has served us well here all 20 years we've been here. After a major screwing by big national Amerigas we changed to a local dealer we can speak to on the phone or in person just a few minutes away. Part of my snow removal routine is clearing the path to the 'pig' in the side yard.

A fellow 5-6 miles from me has his tank all painted up to resemble the Beatles Yellow Submarine with simulated pariscope from the tank top 'coning tower' and jocular paint job.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 07/21/2020 4:21:50 PM

Page: of 85 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.7 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000