Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 195 ]  [ Total: 197 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 85

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  11:50:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm here Tom!

I'll have that Eagle Rare now thanks!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/14/2020 :  12:20:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom, thanks for opening the bar.
Just got home from work and had some watermelon.
I'll pass on the Eagle Rare tonight.

Tom, if you have pics of your new train, email them to me and I'll be happy to post them.

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/14/2020 :  08:01:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Everyone,

Coffee's nice and hot with water in the kettle for tea and an assortment of cold drinks in the Fridge. Flapjacks with syrup and sausage or bacon.

Rick sounds like you have the second shift at work; I remember years ago I had to work the third shift, not much fun but I was a lot younger then.

Tom sounds like you have the railroad well in hand. Would love to see some pics as you progress; sounds interesting.

Had to be up very early today for an appointment. Should be a nice day mid 80's and low humidity.

Not too much going on today; hopefully some modeling latter or maybe even a power nap.

Enjoy your day everyone and stay healthy.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/14/2020 :  08:05:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Larry, thanks for the coffee and breakfast.

Sunny, with a high near 88.

Larry, yes, I'm still working nights but I hope to get back to days next week.
I'll know on Thursday.

Getting here a later later than usual because the dog let me sleep till 7.
Bike ride and some chores to do today.

Mike, how did the talk go?

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/14/2020 :  08:46:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Larry, thanks for coffee and breakfast. I'll have the bacon with mine.

Rick, the clinic went well. It was fun, but kinda weird not seeing who I was speaking to.

It's going to be a bit warm here today at 106F. Think I'll stay inside.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/14/2020 :  08:48:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Larry thanks for the coffee & breakfast.

Rick I got the same thing this morning the let me have an extra hour!!

Weather here in South Jersey sunny/73 a beautiful morning. Later on 84.

Should be a nice beach day.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 07/14/2020 :  09:28:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun and pleasant morning. I took a bit extra in the sleep department, too. We had a late night visitor, started out as a early evening visitor. The Doll's cousin from Eaton Rapids was here and she always brings a big dose of conversation with her. Good thing we'd eaten before she arrived.

I started out to clean the front porch and prep it for painting yesterday, a trip to town for paint and started scraping. Decided it'd go better with a bit of power washing....no where to be found. It seems my son "borrowed" it a week or so ago while we were North. I told him I wanted it, NOW. W/in the hour it returned. Can't see my shop building from the house and didn't see him, notified by text as I don't think he wanted to "visit" It was full of gas and did the job. Cleaned off the mower while it was running, too. Today, back to the paint.

The rep of the power coop in the UP let us know we had power as of early afternoon yesterday. The builder, also, called just prior. Things ready to finally get started up there.

Off to the breakfast table then painting.

Good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/14/2020 :  09:57:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the deck in Wisconsin. The train project began yesterday when the SIL put a special camera on one of the drones. My son in Austin then piloted the thing from Texas mapping the area we want the trains to go through. Brian sent the camera up from his place as it is part of the surveying equipment he used to use with his surveying company he previously owned. It plots all the elevations in one pass.

Rick, pictures will be coming, thank you. The equipment won’t be here for a few weeks as it has to be cleaned and crated and that is on the moving company’s timeline. We were out this morning at 6 with the SIL and grandson plotting out an area we know we will be going through. Andy wants the rails to also go to his quarry stone pit at least temporary for the ballast. He is thrilled about this, mainly he gets to use all his toys, dump truck, gravel conveyor, bull dozer and I asked how much is it going to get all that stuff tuned up! He laughed! He also wanted the trains to go where I won’t be selling the property for subdivisions. Told him that is my decision about subdivisions. There is over 2000’ of rail coming, but I think we are at about 3 miles plotted out, and that won’t be happening! I thought switching to O or On30 was going to be too expensive, in retrospect it wouldn’t have been.

Mike when Gordy gets all this week’s Clinics on you tube I will definitely watch your Clinic. IMO he and the Clinics his group from the NMRA X has done more to advance the organization then what I have seen in years.

I do need the ladder for 1 window my spouse is not happy with after another try yesterday afternoon. It really is a great way to clean windows and they look great, except the one. Enjoy your day.

TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/15/2020 :  07:59:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Coffee is on and water for the tea guys. Cold sodas in the fridge.

Off to see the Doc my go over the blood work and whatever else ails me!!

Weather in South Jersey sunny/73. Late on 81!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 07/15/2020 :  08:44:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
72 today. The ride continues.

's mask edict had tragic results here. 40 something denied service at a local store stabbed a 77yr old customer that said something to him, fled and then when stopped by a deputy of my old department attacked the female deputy with knives who then shot him to death. Deputy is the SO of a friend, one of the group hired to replace the group I was part of when we retired. Sure glad I am retired. Deputy was not injured, physically.

Builder called, materials are on site in da Yoop and work should start today.

Going to chill out and enjoy the day, the Doll is baking me a cake and some grands may visit later. I have a self present due in the big brown truck today.

Everyone have a good day, get some cake later after it's done.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/15/2020 :  09:04:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the wetlands now called Wisconsin. We now have had like 6” of rain in July but the issue is it arrived in 2 storm events. We are taking a overnight trip to see my sister in the far western suburbs of Chicago, or about 90 minutes. The weather guy says rain while we drive. Tomorrow’s return may include a out of the way stop at the youngest brother of Terry’s, they both now are being sued by the other sister and 2 other brothers. We had thought that this joke as a judge had said in previous hearings was over but they have new attorneys. Enjoy your day.

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/15/2020 :  10:40:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 84.

Jerry, thanks for the coffee.

Tom, safe travels and you gotta love family.

Karl, enjoy your chill day and good to read the progress on the new place.

Jerry, all the best at the doc.

Getting a very late start today.
Dog woke me at her usual 5:30 time.
Put her outside and went back to sleep till 9.

I'll take her for a walk and then mow the front yard.

Have a great day everyone.

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/15/2020 :  11:40:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jerry thanks for the cold soda. Good luck at the Docs.

Rick aren't pets wonderful at waking you up. I see lawn mowing in my future this afternoon.

Tom have a safe trip. Being an only child certainly has it's benefits as opposed to having brothers or sisters. No one to fight with.

Karl enjoy your chill day. That whole mask thing is not only annoying and pointless; but can have tragic consequences. A women was an employee for the company that I used to work for and was fired for refusing to wear a mask while working even though customers can get away without wearing one. Not fair.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/15/2020 :  5:51:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good evening folks,

Jerry, thanks for the cold coffee.

Hope your blood work review went well.

Funny Rick, my Mom's dog woke me up with a kiss way to early, too.

I had big plans for the day, but decided to take a day off since it is my 73rd birthday. It was weird that I woke up last night at 3:42 AM, my birth time. I need to stop watching Roswell on Netflix!

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/15/2020 :  5:58:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Birthday Mike.

Heavy rain here today. I have three boxes to open with new supplies. Enough to build 4 more critters.

I am celibrating. Hopefully someone will join me with a wee sip.

Page: of 85 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.88 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000