Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 187 ]  [ Total: 190 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 85

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/10/2020 :  10:44:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The liquor locker is open and there are some nice choices to chose from. I fired up the
fire pit and there is plenty of dry logs to pick from. The cooler has the colder mixers, I mean
sodas and waters.

Enjoy the evening and relax.

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/11/2020 :  07:48:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 2pm. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 89.

Tom, sorry I missed the open bar last night.

Back to work today.
They got yesterdays forecast correct.
Rained all day.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/11/2020 :  08:06:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Tom sorry I missed you last night.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/76. Later on 90. But storms around 3:00.

Will see if we venture to the beach.

Had to order some paint for the Wilfley tables. Meanwhile I started graining wood for the Mill.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 07/11/2020 :  08:35:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
64 and sunny, low humidity in MI this morning after a rather warm day with off and on showers here and about much of yesterday afternoon, some briefly heavy at times and a strong double rainbow not long before sundown. Going to go to the mid 80s today, a relief from the long string of 90s.

Our trip to GR yesterday was a nice diversion, the Doll found out that half the vendors in the store, once antiques but now more stuff, were empty and the other had no antiques to be found, just cheap import junque and collectibles and crafts. I made the smallest purchase ever at the used train store in my history, $20, a trio of old Rusty Stumps resin work bench details and an old Metalworks Ford truck. Just don't need anything. I drove right past the LHS and didn't even stop. Got a not hardly fast food order from a Burger King that was immaculate looking outside and slower than one could imagine, I could see two employees arguing and about to the finger poking and shirt grabbing stage inside the place as we were waiting for our food, never could get a receipt as the help didn't seem to speak or understand anything. They had a huge dayglo lettered Help Wanted sign at the curb. There is no place around there I'd care to go inside and eat. ordered new restrictions yesterday. More business closings in the news today.

No idea on plans for today, I do have an Rx I could fetch later, or just lay low and putz about close to home.

Everyone have a good day, be safe.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 07/11/2020 08:40:06 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/11/2020 :  09:28:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the deck in So. Central Wisconsin. Yesterday the weather guessers were wrong on. Turned into a very nice day, no rain. Today, the storm clouds are building and the IPadPro radar shows it coming this way. The storms called grandkids will be here any minute, the parent need to grocery shop in peace this morning. Nothing else going on here, enjoy your day.

TomO

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/11/2020 :  09:49:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

It's warming here on the Brazos. 101F today and higher tomorrow.

Plan to work on the MG this morning.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/11/2020 :  11:29:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick thanks for the coffee. I'm sure that you can use the rain in your area.

Jerry enjoy your day.

Karl sounds like you made some great modeling finds. I wished that we had a used train store in my area. Our Burger King is pretty quick with the orders; of course most of their orders are drive-thru even with the inside now open.

Tom have fun with the 2 legged storms this morning.

Mike by MG do you mean as in car; because that is a sweet looking car.

Cooler temps today in central NY, but it's still quite humid. May venture outside to continue my project latter.

Have a great day Gents and stay healthy.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/11/2020 :  8:55:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening everyone

Cold ones in the fridge with the white wine & sodas.

Back bar has the bourbons, whiskeys & scotches.
The well has the gin, vodka & rye.
Mixers ar on the bar.

I'm having my usual Eagle Rare.

If your around stop on by its early yet.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/11/2020 :  9:03:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jerry, Thanks I will have a sip of Scotch with you.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/11/2020 :  9:53:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening. I will have a wee glass of the Rare Eagle. I have measured my glucose levels a few minutes ago and will awhile after the
drink has disappeared. The fire ring is full but a low fire is going, relax and enjoy. Thanks Jerry.

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/11/2020 :  11:01:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening all.
Just got home.
Enjoying a little watermelon and a little TV before bed.

See you in the AM.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/12/2020 :  07:28:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 90.

Larry, you're right, we haven't had much rain here lately.

Mike, did the MG plan work?

Tom, have another relaxing day on the deck.

Karl, sorry you guys took a step backwards.
We haven't gone far enough forward here to go back a step.

Jerry, how was the beach?

Nothing going on here.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/12/2020 :  07:59:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

It's going to be another warm on at 105F today. Think I'll stay inside mostly.

Made a lot of progress on the MG yesterday, but am stalled on the driver side windshield washer nozzle. It is hard to get to. Maybe I'll try again this morning.

Big event for me is to smoke beef ribs. It is an eight hour cook and I have never cooked beef ribs on a smoker. Should be tasty though.

Tomorrow I present a clinic at the NMRAx Convention about detailing roofs. Another new experience awaits.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 07/12/2020 :  09:06:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun and mild in MI this morning.

Yesterday I had 2 sessions with the chainsaw and a maple tree to improve ground clearance. Today, MAYbe the apple tree.

I burnt up the last ribs I tried, hope yours are Texas great, Mike. Mouthwatering just to think of it. Our builder in the UP brought us a smoked chicken recently, boy was that good!

Careful with the hard to get to windshield accessory stuff, Mike, I had the wiper motor assembly of an old '65 Ford truck grab my finger and require a Fire Dept rescue and trip to ER many years ago. Still have the scar.

No plans today, really.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 07/12/2020 09:09:00 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/12/2020 :  09:21:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the deck. It is 70, mostly bright with a slight breeze. The weather guessers yesterday were so far off it is crazy. Rained, not a pop up, for 30 minutes yesterday morning as it chased me from the deck, it was not forecasted. The T-storms for late afternoon and then later in the evening never happened. Today seems nice, there is a new walker in the neighborhood to keep me entertained on the front deck this afternoon. Terry got a chuckle when I told her and then she also saw the lady walking her dog, the lady looks wonderful in what might be called a sun suit as it wouldnít do anything if she swam in it. Not complaining though! Have a great day.

TomO

Page: of 85 Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.98 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000