Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 179 ]  [ Total: 182 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 85

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/02/2020 :  3:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, I've been off the past two days when the riots in NY were going on.
But I haven't heard about any problems from my coworkers.
The only thing that has changed is NY Penn Station is locked down at 11PM.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/03/2020 :  07:18:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Looks like we might have an interesting weather day.
Showers and thunderstorms. Some storms could be severe, with large hail, hail, and damaging winds. High near 88.

Probably be stuck doing indoor chores today.

Have a great day everyone.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/03/2020 :  08:20:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning. We got heavy winds and lots of lightning from 9 to midnight when I went to bed. Doesnít look too
wet outside but could already feel the humidity when I opened the door to the deck. They claim more T-storms on
the way but my radar on the IPad shows differently. Who knows? Everyone have a safe day.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 06/03/2020 :  09:06:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bright sun and topped out at 89 yesterday with lower humidity made a nice day. TomO sent the storms thru here in the after midnight period. Power stayed on as there aren't any blinking clocks today. Hearing aids out I don't hear the storm, slept well. We do have higher humid numbers today.

Off to see what I can instigate.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/03/2020 :  09:42:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Happy to hear no rail problems.

Looks like the weather is all over the map.... 93F forecast here with clear skies.

Today I hope to assemble my new smoker. I might even read the directions.

Have fun and stay safe,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/03/2020 :  11:07:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Weather looks like it can't make its mind up. Rain,hail & windy. Followed by Who knows what!

So the beach is a no show today. Will just sit around outside.

I made prints of the mill and glued them to foamcore. Now I need to cut them out and figure how to change them from a 20 stamp mill to a 10.

Still working on the Ore Feeders.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  08:20:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 90.
Maybe more t-storms and rain after midnight.

Jerry, you'll figure it out.

Mike, I thought men don't read instructions.

Karl, was the instigation successful?

Tom, we had a t-storm roll through yesterday just after noon.
Got so dark out I turned the lights on inside.
Lots of rain and wind.
Power didn't go out right away but a couple of hours later it went out but only for a few seconds.
No wind damage in my neighborhood but saw a few trees knocked down on my way to work.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  08:58:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Karl, was the instigation successful?

Not really...

I did manage to replace a worn bedroom door latch/handle, after a trip to a hardware for a set that worked, the pos from Menard's didn't fit right. I spent 45 min to an hour on the phone laying the "I want to quit Directv unless you give me a better deal" song and dance. Their latest billing was$34 higher than last month...actually dealt with a pleasant girl named Lena that gave me a lower cost, I think, for same or similar service. Happens about this time every year. $51/mo lower than current billing, $20 less than I had been paying.

Outside work slipped yesterday. Lots to do so probably make up for it today. Oh, yeah, went thru a car wash yesterday, first in months. Still can't get a haircut tho.

Good day all, safe and healthy.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  09:04:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Smoker build was a success. Instructions did help in this instance.

Going plant shopping to start our herb garden. Could be fun. We haven't been shopping together since the bad stuff.

Summer is here. 100F forecast for Tuesday. Today only 96F. Keeping an eye on the tropical storm in the gulf. That could bring us some rain.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  09:47:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from steamy So. Central Wisconsin where the temperature is down from the last couple days at 86
but the humidity is strong. Today for me is planned, 10:40 is my ultrasound and further tests there after. My pleasure
for the day will be a Chicago Dog at Portilloís near the Clinic/Hospital.

Karl, thatís one of the reasons we quit Direct TV. Had a buddy at work that loved it, not me. I hate buying/leasing cars as
no matter the price I get I feel screwed. Thatís what DirectTV felt like.

Have a great day
TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/05/2020 :  06:48:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Scattered showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 86.

I changed internet providers last year after they raised the price and wouldn't budge on lowering it.
After I made the change I get mail at least twice a week from the old provider offering a lower rate.

Based on the forecast mowing the backyard won't happen today.
Maybe tomorrow.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/05/2020 :  08:34:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Service providers are often a pain in the posterior. We experienced problems with DTV, Dish, and I finally pulled the plug and tried Hulu and finally settled on YouTube TV and love it. It is a third the price of Dish and DTV. Since it is Internet based, it's important to have good service there too. We only have ATT and Spectrum here. Spectrum seems to be much more reliable.

Working outdoors today. It's going to be 97F and clear.

Have fun,
Mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 06/05/2020 :  08:46:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Temp in the mid 60s going to mid 80s with sun currently reigning with some overcast mid day and a mild threat of storms late. A fair bit cooler tomorrow, 70s. So much for weather.

Fought for half the morning with a mucked up pump sprayer with Roundup and after a couple hours and the heat rising I stopped. Rode along to town with the Doll and bought a replacement sprayer and after the evening cool down started did some more spraying. Today, maybe, the last Roundup...not really, just thought that sounded macho. Grass is growing at a rapid rate and the area I plan to seed with grass needs some attention then seeding.

We've lost two of our law enforcement retirees here this week, one a former partner for several years and another from one of the local municipal agencies, both good guys.

Mowing and such for today, a/c folks coming this afternoon to check out our system, annual checkup, no issues.

Good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/05/2020 :  11:34:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon everyone

Rick thanks opening. I'll put on a fresh pot of coffee in case there's anyone behind me.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/81.

Doesn't look much like a beach day!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/05/2020 :  11:51:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from So. Central Wisconsin where the temperature is 78f degrees and the humidity is 72%. Accomplished the morning 2 mile walk in 35 minutes and I was drenched. No breeze today or at least I couldnít feel it. Took the shower after then met with the contractor. Now it is relax time.

TomO

Page: of 85 Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.91 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000