Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 218 ]  [ Total: 219 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 85

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/08/2020 :  08:01:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Cloudy now and rain this afternoon with highs in the upper 50's.

Mike. I'm surprised diesel is cheaper than gas or is gas even cheaper in TX?
Hope the dermatologist visit went well.

Because of Federal Hours of Service rules I have to take today off.
Got a lot done yesterday so I would have less to do today.
Bike ride first then time with the vacuum and the wash machine.
Nothing planned for later unless it's not raining yet and I'll take the dog for a walk.

Stay healthy and hunkered down and have a great day.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/08/2020 :  08:38:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Rick and inbound Crew. Thanks for the sodas sir, they will be enjoyed today. 33 days
without soda, the 1st will taste so good. Diet is doing ok and I am handling it. Real time monitoring of
my glucose has been helping. I really miss Terry’s baking but the sample piece I get is better then none.
I am out of yeast and have not been able to make bread. I have tried the no yeast breads and they don’t
fit my tastes and therefore my time. The groceries stores that we buy from have been out since March
they tell me. Yeasts are available on Amazon but based on the prices it feels like EBay. The daughter’s
neighbors are begging but, too bad...

Be safe, stay healthy and enjoy your portion of the world.
TomO

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/08/2020 :  08:42:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Diesel is not cheaper than gasoline; however, I get points for purchasing food at Kroger. Those points equate to a fuel discount, thus the $.95 per gallon discount. Regular price now is running between $1.99 to $2.09 for diesel.

The dermatologist visit went well with a couple of moles removed for biopsy.

Taking Mom to doctor this morning for first visit in Texas. Nothing wrong with her, just need a few medicines renewed.

We dodged a real nasty storm last night. It blew east to Fort Worth and Dallas. The temperature is 72F now, headed to 62F. A cool front will visit for a few days.

Have fun and stay safe,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 05/08/2020 :  08:54:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun and mid 30s in M going to 45 at best. It is supposed to be record setting cold this weekend. Oh hum.

Did quite a bit outside yesterday we went to pick up an Rx and had evening repast at Culvers.

Our dictateress extended our lockup until May 28. Unrest amongst the inmates, some of whom have been given work release. Mfg can restart next week. Unions object, say due to safety, more like they're making so much money NOT working. That's something they were real good at before the auto industry almost went down the drain a few years ago.

Everyone have a good day, safe and healthy.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 05/08/2020 :  10:18:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks opening and the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/51. Expecting a rainy afternoon.
One day sun one day rain!!

Hopefully some time at the bench later on. The stamp is moving right along.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 05/08/2020 :  12:12:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gas has suddenly taken a 50 cent or more leap the last couple of days, but I don’t hear any grumbling about the Atty General here investigating price gouging for that. You know that is a crazy amount of increase overnight.

Went out to the post office this morning, boy is it cold, stiff breeze from the NNW adding to the ‘feels like’

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/09/2020 :  06:26:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Cold front came through last night.
Only 32 right now but the sun will be out and warm things back up into the 40's.
Where is summer.
Can't wait to turn the heater off.

Karl, amazing how slow prices come down and how fast they zoom up.

Jerry, stamper is looking good.

Mike, that's a nice discount.

Tom, would never have guessed that that many people are baking and yeast is scarce.

Back to work today.
Bike ride first.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/09/2020 :  06:53:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope you enjoyed the ride.

Its cool outside at 50F, but headed to 71F. That jet stream is doing a number on temperatures around the country.

Steadily working down the todo list. More to come today.

Have a fun and safe weekend folks,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 05/09/2020 :  08:24:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny again ths morning but the water in the bird bath is frozen solid. Even with the temp in the 40s yesterday we had a 15 mph wind with 'feels like' of 24. IT certainly did.

Fiddled with some small pieces on the 3d printer and drove in and had my truck washed at the Shell station. First bath in 2 months. There was still little traffic, but we did see a major highway paving, blacktop, project had started. The flagger at one end was in head to toe day glo chartreuse looking like the Pillsbury Doughboy from Chernobyl.

Plans to work on the layout were derailed, easy to do, by the Shawshank Redenption on the TV. Good movie, but I hate watching on AMC as they have commercials you have to endure...I mute them so it's a bit of an ease, time the movie is over you can find a cure for almost everything or a lawyer to sue for what they can't cure.

I saw one of those stories that pops up when you first open your browser about yeast, it seems most yeast is made in bulk and sold to bakeries, their business is about gone for now, the yeast makers aren't equipped to package it for consumer use and the demand is up by triple digits in that form, hence the shortages.

Well, things to do, distractions to ignore...right...daughter is shopping for us this morning. The Doll says she's really bored so I've probably found my first distraction.

Everyone have a good day. Safe and healthy.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 05/09/2020 :  08:42:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Thanks Rick I did get a little more done but won't post until Monday as the weekend is busy.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/37. With a RF/20!
Where the hell is Spring? Never mind I want summer!!

Were off to North Jersey to see the kids.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/09/2020 :  09:57:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning. The yeast shortage is kind of funny but as Karl noted above the producers create for the bakeries not so much for the home baker. Google “the pandemic and yeast” and you’ll laugh at all the hits and stories. The daughter’s neighbors though solved my yeast issue. They purchased from Amazon as I wouldn’t pay those crazy prices, so they did. I also received yesterday afternoon a bunch of Amish bread starter which I have not made in years

We did not remove the frost coverings yesterday from the plants and may not today. It was frosty last night. High today 49 to 53 depending on the source with the winds calmer then yesterday about 15mph. This morning involves taking many pictures of the Paper Mill as the balance of the layout comes down for the move. Have a healthy safe day.

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/10/2020 :  07:55:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 62.

Happy Mothers day to all the Moms out there.

I think the yeast producers need to rise to this shortage challenge.

I'm off today and tomorrow.
Finished breakfast and I'll take the dog for a walk.
Buy some flowers and take them to Moms later.
Not sure if I'll ride today.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/10/2020 :  08:15:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Indeed, happy Mother's day. We have Zoom sessions for my Mom and sisters, and with Sharon and our kids. Big meal planned at home in celebration. Fun!

It's 50F headed to 80F. A nice day is promised.

Honey do list is getting shorter.

Have fun and be safe,
Mike

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 05/10/2020 :  08:51:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Happy Mothers Day to all the lovely Moms out there!

Weather in South Jersey still cold this am. But later its suppose to be sunny/63.

Today we will have dinner with Diane's oldest son and his wife!

Nothing to report on my Mill project.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/10/2020 :  10:05:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from cold, wet, windy So. Central Wisconsin. It will still will be a nice Mother’s Day. Terry doesn’t eat breakfast till around 11 but
I have offered to go to the Golden Arches for their sausage burrito that she really enjoys. With nothing in the trainroom I am kind of lost and
almost turned my TV on last night. The crew hired to move stuff yesterday worked about twice as fast moving stuff from the trainroom and cave
to the truck so no one will be back till Tuesday when the house will be emptied. They had 8 workers and 1 boss, very efficient.

TomO

Page: of 85 Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.95 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000