Railroad Line Forums - Paige Enterprises Sawmill kit
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 310 ]  [ Total: 311 ]  [ Newest Member: HOn3Piffy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Paige Enterprises Sawmill kit
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: OíNeillís Build Topic Next Topic: Detour Feed Mill Build  

Al Delp
New Hire

Posted - 02/08/2020 :  4:30:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone here ever built the Paige Enterprises sawmill kit# ho-1002? I picked one up on the cheap and seems to have a great many castings that may well be worth the price of the kit. Any information will be appreciated.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2020 :  4:34:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Al, I'm not familiar with the kit, but when I Googled it, it looks like the castings would be worth the purchase if was "on the cheap".

If you do build it, please do a thread here on the Forum.

Bruce

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2020 :  5:59:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Paige Enterprises kits were rip-offs of other manufacturer products. He took the OEM castings and produced new molds and sold the results. The resulting castings were of lesser quality (both because they were copies and because Paige wasn't as good at it as the OEMs.) I'm not sure who Paige ripped off for this one, usually the castings were copy of SS Ltd, but might have been copies of FSM or Keystone products. Eventually Paige was successfully sued and forced out of business.

As long as everyone knows the back-story, let's see the build thread. It'll probably take more work to get a good model than from the OEM's kit.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Previous Topic: OíNeillís Build Topic Next Topic: Detour Feed Mill Build  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000