Railroad Line Forums - SSLtd Jenning's Lumber build tips??? Anyone?
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 76 ]  [ Total: 79 ]  [ Newest Member: ghostvet ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 SSLtd Jenning's Lumber build tips??? Anyone?
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: HO scale Barrel House in Tonopah, Nevada Topic Next Topic: OíNeillís Build  

jaynjay
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2020 :  12:51:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit jaynjay's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've had this kit for some time now; much longer than I want to admit. I finally took it down and looked inside. The title page says that there is over 450 feet of strip wood included in the kit. I was looking for the instructions; but alas, I couldn't find any. I know some of the older kits that are bought from a third party are missing items; but all I found for instructions was a 8 page set of blue-print type drawings with references to side B and C; but none of the drawings show any side with reference numbers. Am I missing something here?...I also assumed that the building sides were sidings; not strips of wood. Anyone built this before and can offer hints would be greatly appreciated. I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze...and Jennings Lumber

John

SteveCuster
Section Hand

Posted - 02/05/2020 :  2:24:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jay, I have this kit on the shelf but Iíve only been using it to scavenge parts. Iíll check to see if I have all the documents and I can send them to you.

BobB
New Hire

Posted - 02/05/2020 :  6:40:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jay
there are these to links on this forum and I think one more but I can't find it.
also there was one on the old site, but I cant seem to login.

Scale Structures Ltd. - Jennings Lumber Company - O Scale
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20202

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16066

Seabee Terry
New Hire

Posted - 02/08/2020 :  7:55:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I built Jennings quite some time ago and yes, the entire kit is strip wood. Iím having trouble uploading an image but Iím away from my desk and canít verify the instructions and sketches but will check them out when i return next week...a great kit to build
Terry

Seabee Terry
New Hire

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  10:52:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is my Jennings from several years ago...never finished it
Terry

Download Attachment: Jennings Lu,mber.JPG
129.25 KB

rlundy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  7:21:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PM me your email and I will scan and email you the rest of the instructions. I have 2 of these kits. An old and a newer one. The newer one has better instructions.

jaynjay
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2020 :  08:37:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit jaynjay's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks to Ron for sending me the instructions to Jennings Lumber. I guess I have one of the original kits that comes with all the machinery. I had another Jenning's Lumber years ago; but that did not come with these instructions either. Thanks again, Ron...I guess no one ever saw one of the best mysteries ever, Usual Suspects with my reference to Keyser Soze.

John

Previous Topic: HO scale Barrel House in Tonopah, Nevada Topic Next Topic: OíNeillís Build  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000