Railroad Line Forums - Friday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 128 ]  [ Total: 133 ]  [ Newest Member: 2109keego ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Friday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Springfield 2020 Topic Next Topic: Just realized, its a palindrome date today  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2020 :  08:55:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all! Light snowfall overnight but it will stop by early morning, switching to rain. The coffee urn is READY with Pullman Porter blend. Spartan (Greek, not Michigan State   )omelet is today's special. It's made with Gyros meat and Feta cheese. Mmmm.

Youngest son came up yesterday, and we rooted around in the barn yesterday afternoon digging through my Porsche parts stash. He's restoring a early 911, and needed a pickup truck load of sheet metal and engine parts. You think old train parts have risen in price? WOW! He was a happy camper. I've paid less for cars that I drove for years than what a set of fenders fetch. While we were doing that, the printer was churning out HO pallets. Here is shot of a few.

a little acetone will clean off the 'fuzzies'.

A trip North to the Amish supermarket later this morning.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Download Attachment: IMG_1271.JPG
71.55 KB

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2020 :  09:00:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is 28 degrees under grey skies here in S.E. Michigan.

I should get some time in at the modeling bench today - unless we decide to ride up to Frankenmuth.

Have a great day!

Bruce

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2020 :  09:09:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim, Bruce and crew. Jim, you need to start printing 911 parts.

The sun's out in Tidewater Virginia and a walk is on the schedule. I plan to spend some time at the workbench this afternoon.

Have a good day.
George

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 01/31/2020 :  09:11:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Bruce and the rest of the RR-L Crew. 30F out right now with overcast skies and threat of light snow and rain mix. Oh, Fun. Need to make a run to Kroger and pick up a few things as our oldest, Carl and his wife Carla are expected this weekend. There's a Woodworking Show down at the Fairgrounds and Carl is an dedicated woodworker so he can't miss it so it seems.

Otherwise I'd just as soon stay in. got our thermostat replaced the other day and the system is working great. It's a hi-bred that switches from heat pump to gas furnace when the temp drops below 40F. Then will kick in the AC when it gets about a certain temp. It was running a bit erratic before trying to run the heat pump when it was too cold to do so.

I'm mainly occupied in setting up new computers these day. I'm working on one for Mary right now then I have 3 older computers and a server to dispose of. Want to get them operational so they may at least be worth pocket change.

Everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the Train Yard.

Walt

In the Crossroads of America.

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 01/31/2020 :  09:26:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and crew, Portsmouth, RI is 35 degrees today, more closer to normal temps around here.
Like George said, you need to print Porsche 911 parts. Those pallets are great looking. I guess there is noting you can't make with those machines. You probably noticed that one of your wagon wheels that you printed for me is in my latest 2020 blacksmith car project build.
Hoping everyone has a safe and productive day ahead. I'm spending mine in the RR modeling room.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2020 :  09:43:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew from freezing drizzle drenched So. Wisconsin. High today may hit 34f degrees but still no sun. Latest prediction to see the sun is Sunday. Jim thanks for opening and all car parts are expensive. I handle the books for my brotherís Car restoration projects. He is a collector of cars and is now a Mustang collector. Porsche, Corvettes and now Mustangs all making our trains very reasonable.

Today is grocery, hair cut and a movie day. Enjoy yours.

TomO

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2020 :  09:58:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

31, overcast, headed all the way to 34 and blah here in the northern mitten today. As with TomO, maybe some sun on Sunday. Maybe. Whatever is dripping out there in the "cloudy" is coming straight down and is mostly wet, with just a hint of white.

Off to the oral surgeon in a couple of hours, and that will set the tone for the rest of the day.

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

<edit>; The tooth is out, no pain whatsoever, and only a four month recovery time until they can go back in and fix things....
-p

Edited by - Orionvp17 on 01/31/2020 4:10:01 PM

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/31/2020 :  10:48:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ditto here 30 earlier, going to 34 later. Still grey. Looking at the omelet Jim is offering, Iím sure there could be an MSU Spartan element to that.....you might Go Green! after eating that....

Speaking of green, I finally have a finished RS-36 sitting on the layout, it has the new version of KYSO green after the paint shop used up the last of the Polyscale Southern Rwy green. Now using Tamiya X-71.

Not sure on plans today, handrails for the other RS units are in the paint shop. Maybe Iíll finish them off.

Watched the movie HOOVER last night, sure didnít do any good for his image but it made the evening go by.

Everyone have a good day. Wow, 10:42 am EST there is a definite brightening to the grey! Almost like sun. but more a ďpigmentĒ of my imagination.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 01/31/2020 11:19:44 AM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2020 :  11:33:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Bruce did you just change your "AVATAR"?

Just noticed it really like the new one.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2020 :  8:23:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, I like that new paint job.

Jim

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2020 :  10:47:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim, nice pile of pallets.

Karl, great paint job.

Jerry, since I never got a chance to really build the Slate Run branch in NJ, I decided to start with that in Michigan. The new avatar goes with that.

Bruce

Previous Topic: Springfield 2020 Topic Next Topic: Just realized, its a palindrome date today  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000