Railroad Line Forums - SUNDAY MORNING !!
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 216 ]  [ Total: 216 ]  [ Newest Member: wandering rr ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 SUNDAY MORNING !!
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Monday Lounge Topic Next Topic: Saturday Lounge  

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/19/2020 :  10:14:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone

Coffee is on and Walt's tea. Diet sodas for Tom in the fridge.

Eggs anyway you want them with sides of bacon, sausage & home fries. Toast with butter and assorted jams and jelly's.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/34.

Going to watch a little football. today and spend some time at the bench.

What's on your agenda???

Everyone have a great day!!
Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 01/19/2020 :  10:30:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jerry and in coming crew from snowy
Northern Ohio with lake affect snow. This coffee is great keep it coming. Am working on our new kitchen and dreaming about the two layouts all apart in the basement. Time to get going see you later. Tom

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/19/2020 :  10:49:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

19, feels like 6 and Wonder of Wonders... there is actual sunshine here in the northern mitten!! We had another three or four inches of white gifts late yesterday/overnight, so we're into the rinse-and-repeat cycle with respect to plowing out.

Thanks for opening, Jerry! I checked, and for those who wonder about this sort of thing, that Yardmaster Switch-Thawing Coffee Blend is a great choice for today. Thanks!

Today's agenda involves digging out, heading into the store, digging out, digging out whatever is left when the plow guy gets done here, and

I will admit, though, that sunshine on fresh new snow is beautiful. We don't see much sun in the wintertime....

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 01/19/2020 :  11:04:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A nice sunny day today here in No. Va. Been working in the home office for several hours processing manuscripts for the journal and taking breaks into the shop to do a bit of painting and other details on projects.

Have to work on the magazine next - galley proof arrived and I have to find a shoehorn to make everything fit since there's 3 company pages extra that I did not know about....

Reading and relaxing the rest of the day while puttering about and later settling in for some football in the recliner by the fireplace with a cold beverage will cap off the day.

No trees were harmed in the creation of this post, but several million electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/19/2020 :  11:05:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jerry and the rest of the crew. It is 19 degrees and feeling like 5 degrees here in S.E. Michigan. Where is that sun of which you speak, Pete? It has been snowing lightly since we got up and is supposed to continue until about 1 p.m. We had 5" of a wet snow yesterday, then a period of rain, and snow started again just around 10 p.m. last night. It looks like we are approaching another 2" of a light, fluffy snow. I head out when it stops and clean it up.

Today will be a repeat of the last few. Some NMRA computer work mixed in with some time at the modeling bench. We might start another railroad themed jig saw puzzle somewhere in there, too.

I see that Martin posted some progress photos of his Challenge Projects in the main thread. Maybe he saw my slightly annoying prodding in yesterday's lounge. Either way, the progress looked good.

Have a great day!

Bruce

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/19/2020 :  11:07:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from So. Wisconsin where it is cold, 4f degrees with wind chill of -15 and lower. Thanks Jerry, excellent breakfast. Grandson has a hockey game at 11 and then the day is mine.

Enjoy your day
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/19/2020 :  11:54:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
22, 15 mph wind from NNE, feels like 9 and we're still being hit now and then with a little bit of snow.

Had a 17" drift right outside the back door yesterday and 6-8 inches on level ground. Filed a claim with the snow insurance and the new John Deere paid off quickly and effortlessly. Today's 2-3 inches of new stuff is gone with very little effort.

The 4th of my quartet of RS-36s is on the foam pad waiting it's decals. Then I need to touch up the paint on them and clear coat with a satin like finish and then eventually some slight weathering as they're reflecting nearly new units on the railroad. Still contemplating the handrails, should I risk rath from the main floor (odor) if I use the adhesion promoter before I paint them or take 'em on as it is with the Tamiya green and white? I really want to fight the 90% and put them aside thing that afflicts much of what I start in the hobby. I should change the name to the Kentucky Southern Railway, the 90% line... I have a Baldwin in that state sitting here right now, painted with a spray can to avoid getting the airbrush out, still looks good. I finally got some decals made in my recent order to Highball Graphics and must say it is creeping past the 92% mark. Some dirt and ugly put on it and it should be ready to go.

the Doll's daughter and the son in law that had surgery in Dec are coming. Her 17 yr old is going to cook for us. Their 10 year old, going on 6, will be self anesthetized in the corner somewhere with his electronic numbing device.... I'd not mentioned lately, my brother that had the kidney out a few weeks ago got a green light and all clear from his surgeon. Fingers crossed on a some clear health, my dizzy side is in retreat lately, too. One day, sometimes one hour, at a time.

We watched a decent movie last night I recorded off of Turner, The Deep Six with Alan Ladd as a Naval reserve officer called back to duty in WW-II and his conflicts over being raised as a Quaker. Oh yeah, and my SPARTANS handled TomO's Badgers in fine fashion Friday night. Flawless at home, let's see how the road show goes...Jim's PU crew dinged them real good a week ago in West Lafayette.

Everyone have a good day, enjoy the sun, Pete...et al.

Safe and warm are the words of the day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 01/19/2020 12:01:08 PM

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/19/2020 :  12:34:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon all from the frozen tundra. Thanks for opening up Jerry. I grabbed a cup before I ran out this morning. It was -9 with a -26 windchill earlier. That'll put some frost on your pumpkin! It really warmed up, 7 with a -16 windchill right now. Just got back from Office Depot, they had an in store rebate and I had my receipt for the wiFi extender I bought 3 days ago. Well worth the trip back there.

The slush we had yesterday morning is just sheets of ice in parking lots and driveways today.

A little football this afternoon, and a break from the computer. Maybe some whittlin'!

Have a Super day!

Jim

Take the red pill

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/19/2020 :  2:11:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon, Jerry and crew. We went out for brunch today, so I'm late checking in. We're in the low 50's today - it's nice being in Tidewater Virginia.

I'm getting ready to download Turbo Tax. It's not my favorite time of year, but I just want to get it over with, so I can get on with some MRRing.

I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do in this year's group Challenge. My problem is too many potential projects to pick from. Or it may be that my workbench is so cluttered I can't find something to work on.

Have a good day.
George

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/19/2020 :  2:27:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
George, recent news items about TurboTax and Intuit are making me reconsider using that particular product. Intuit is NOT a company I want to support.

After blowing out the driveway from about 4" of nice cold powder, I continued the 'recovery actions' from being away for 10 days. I'm almost all caught up. Now I'll head downstairs to think about a new project, while collecting and updating my shopping list for Springfield.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/19/2020 :  8:41:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good evening, all. We got home from a convention just at sunset, to find 4" of wet snow on the driveway. It's mostly cleared, I'll finish it in the morning. Now I should spend a few minutes with the airbrush before it gets any colder.

Previous Topic: Monday Lounge Topic Next Topic: Saturday Lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000