Railroad Line Forums - Saturday Lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 206 ]  [ Total: 206 ]  [ Newest Member: wandering rr ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Saturday Lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: SUNDAY MORNING !! Topic Next Topic: TGIF  

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2020 :  05:40:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew from definitely freshly white So. Wisconsin where the weather folks came close to predictions. They said 6 to 12” and this morning they happily announce we got 6” at least. Drizzle right now to add ice to the snowfall and then this afternoon should see another couple inches of white. Another great day for being in the cave.

The big silver urn is loaded with as Bruce says the, “ever popular” Ashpit Blend. The k-cups with all its different flavors is next to the machine on the serving line. There is fresh fruit, I found and sterilized the smoothie machine and the water is hot for cereal, tea or you decide. Breakfast sandwiches of English muffins, American cheese, bacon or ham or both. Serving all day except for the fresh donuts as when they are gone, that’s it.

Other then snow removal which might take a hour or 2 depending on if there are drifts, it is a cave day. Enjoy your day and stay safe.

TomO

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2020 :  07:34:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Tom and incoming crew
thanks for breakfast I guess as Jim would say I'll
have a yuppie cup of decaf. it 33 and rainy here in SE Ohio
that's what we have been getting it's been pretty mild so far.
I got an email from Morgantown hosp. yesterday I have
pre admission testing next Tuesday and as I said surgery feb.4 then they place the battery for the stimulater in my chest feb.11 as
outpatient wait a month for everything to settle down
swelling and such then adjust the battery/ generator for my
tremors.

that's all for today

Mark

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 01/18/2020 :  08:08:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Snow on the driveway and roads about here and below freezing by several degrees. Last Sat. it was 70 degrees.....

So, another home office and shop day, and time reading trying to catch on that stack of paper.

Might work a bit on my two challenge projects a bit - both are coming along nicely........well, maybe

No trees were harmed in the creation of this post, but several million electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2020 :  08:21:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Tom and the rest of the crew. It is 27 degrees and snowing here in S.E. Michigan. Take Tom's description of amounts and the progression of the storm to sleet and rain, and it matches our forecast. Then the bottom drops out of the thermometer for a few days, so we should be living with a frozen mess for a while.

Like Tom, I'll venture out later this morning for an hour of cleanup. Just deciding to whether to wait for the change over or go out a bit before so that there is an inch or so of snow under the sleet/rain. The difference could be between black ice and crusty ice. Wonderful choices.

Today will be much like the past few. Computer time working on NMRA 'stuff' and time at the modeling bench.

Have a great day!

Bruce

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2020 :  08:27:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mwbpequod

Might work a bit on my two challenge projects a bit - both are coming along nicely....

Martin, I thought that with a little prodding you might post some progress photos over in the Challenge Thread.

Bruce

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 01/18/2020 :  08:30:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Tom and the rest of the RR-L Crew. Rainy day at 35 but that's going south later. Expect some light snow and sleet plus COLDER temps.

What a day yesterday. Got a message from Experion that my phone number had been hacked. A bit later I got a phone call from myself. Well that's what the screen on the phone said. Called AT&T and was told they couldn't do anything about it because a internet App was being used to fake phone numbers.

Then I get a phone call from someone claiming to be from Amazon and that my account had been hacked and someone ordered a gift card sent to Canada. Then their, supposed techy, wants to have me bring up Teamview and let him connect to my computer. NO WAY JOSE'. It was a scam. I reported it to Amazon and they are like "Yeah". That's it.

Otherwise a lazy day in the Crossroads. Next week Mary and I have doctor appointments every day. Hers one and mine the next.

Everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the rainy cold Train Yard.

Walt

In the Crossroads of America.

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2020 :  08:45:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Settling back into the normal routine after our trip to Morocco. of course the dogs were happy to see us last night, and they'll be a bit clingy all day today. The recording thermometer said the high while we were gone was 62, and the low was +6....

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/18/2020 :  08:49:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have to file a claim with my "snow insurance" this morning. I have a 2 foot drift right at my back door and at least 8" on the flat of the table top. Just girding up for a trip out in the cold.

Got the Doll's car back yesterday and she says the brakes are the best they've ever been. With the hobby budget tanked today I'll hunker down and make trips to the driveway to keep it clear. We're to have a short spell of wet, like Bruce mentioned, I'll try to get the first round of snow off.

I had a call yesterday from a fast talking fellow claiming to be from the loyalty dept of Directv and that they were giving me a year of HBO and Cinemax for always paying my bill on time. HE sure could read his script fast, looking later those channels in fact were available. 10 more channels I'll rarely if ever watch and surely scream about if I ever get a bill.....never agreed to anything on the call so...who knows.

Everyone have a good day. Off to the shop to drag out the new equipment.....

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2020 :  09:18:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Walt same thing happen to us phone and Amazon we called our card holder and they credited our account plus we cancelled our card . also called Amazon and they have call us to authorize anyone other than using that account also close down your password after use if you don't already do so.

Mark

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 01/18/2020 :  11:09:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by potsy

Walt same thing happen to us phone and Amazon

Mark

Mark, nothing was charged to my credit card and nothing was ordered on Amazon. it was a total scam to try and get onto my computer. Then who knows what would happen.

Walt

In the Crossroads of America.

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2020 :  11:12:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' all! 70 and sunny here in Virtualand. Actually 32, freezing rain on top of about 4" of slush, cloudy with a chance of yuck.

On that bright note, at least the power is on, don't have to go beyond the mailbox, and the fireplace is providing some extra warmth. The exhaust fan on the computer is adding to the heat.

Bruce and I have been burning a lot of computer cycles here recently. He'll need to add a chilled water cooler to his system. I type so slow, I just end up staying up late..

On the modeling front, I'm trying to make some 'industrial cages' to fit over ladders on a few projects. I'm printing them with ABS and although they're strong, they are also apt to return to the built shape and unwieldly to be wrestled into position. Slightly aggravating.

Well, that's how my day is going.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Take the red pill

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2020 :  11:21:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

28, feels like 23, and the WGFA hopper has returned from reloading and is presenting us with yet more gifts here in the northern mitten.

Bleah....

I should fire up the fireplace and sit back and enjoy, but that would require effort, and tending all afternoon and

There are Dispatcher panels to build, schedules to work out, locomotives requiring attention and so on, so that's where today's efforts will focus, as this is a good day to stay indoors. The county is now bellowing about a semi-trailer into a tow truck into a car into a power pole fiasco that will take some time to unravel.... And some other stuff....

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe.

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2020 :  6:34:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We get calls from DirectTV all the time. THey never leave a message. If they don't want to leave a message, then I don't want to talk to them!

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2020 :  9:50:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We still have a landline and Costco carries a Panasonic phone system with 5 remotes that also act as an intercom between the house, shop, garage, potting shed, and the cave. It's about $100. It has the slickest 'Call Block' ever. It'll block over 2000 numbers with one touch. You can block the caller during or after the call, The blocked calling number doesn't even ring the phone anymore. We were getting 10-15 telemarketing calls a day. Haven't had one in months. Best $100 I've spent in years, It also announces people in our phonebook.

Jim

Take the red pill

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2020 :  10:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

We still have a landline and Costco carries a Panasonic phone system with 5 remotes that also act as an intercom between the house, shop, garage, potting shed, and the cave. It's about $100. It has the slickest 'Call Block' ever. It'll block over 2000 numbers with one touch. You can block the caller during or after the call, The blocked calling number doesn't even ring the phone anymore. We were getting 10-15 telemarketing calls a day. Haven't had one in months. Best $100 I've spent in years, It also announces people in our phonebook.

Jim

And it apparently will work really well for an operating Session, where you need to talk to a "remote" (as in another room) Dispatcher without stringing a lot of wire....

Pete
in Michigan

Previous Topic: SUNDAY MORNING !! Topic Next Topic: TGIF  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000