Railroad Line Forums - Tuesday Lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 92 ]  [ Total: 99 ]  [ Newest Member: Dizzy ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Tuesday Lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Aquarium Filter trees Topic Next Topic: Monday morning lounge  

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  06:02:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from still dark but predicted to be a sunny So. Wisconsin. Sunrise is at 7:21 local so just under 2 hours from now. Mid 40s and all our white stuff has been washed out by the sun and rains. Dry per the Weather Weenies for another 7 days and I hope they are right.

The coffee is the Ashpit Blend with the k-cups along side their machine. Lots of flavors there! The diet sodas are cold, the hot water is hot for cereal or tea or washing up if your Eddie our sometimes cook. Hes here today and the serving line has been sterilized as he is serving eggs any style but omelettes are his favorite. You name it and seems to be sitting there for ingredients for omelettes. Fresh fruit and some warm donuts. Remember, if you had set your scales back 10#s before Thanksgiving you will be approaching your weight again, so dig in!

Movie day today, fitness center day and pick up the coffee cards for our local PD day. Took Jims suggestion. I got a good deal from one of the local non-Starbucks places that also serves excellent ice cream and breakfasts. The police chief said no at first and then said why not. So I did. He will make sure the all staff receives the thank you cards from our family and the coffee place. It felt good! Donuts just seemed too stereotypical. Have a great day.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  08:10:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Grey, dank, dark....again. Colder a bit than it's been. No new snow, they had plenty up North, tho.

Work bench time today, til my back gets tight again.

I'll make myself something this morning. I'm not fond of knowingly eating from work release cooks.

TomO, I like the coffee cards from a non-Starbucks place, the donut dig gets a bit wearing over the years.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  08:45:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another 4-5" of snow overnight in my part of SE NH. UNH has late opening, 10 minutes before my class starts :-)

Last night I added bracing and then painted the back of the walls dark grey. I also started prepping windows. So "Bisgeier Tools" continues to make steady progress.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  08:54:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Tom and crew. It's a chilly day in Tidewater Virginia. Tom, Eddie may have been sterilized, but something has to be done about that apron he's wearing.

I'm going to see Ford v Ferrari with two sports writers this afternoon. My son in law covers the local NASCAR races and his friend, Al Pierce, writes for Autoweek. The discussion after the movie will be interesting.

Have a good day.
George

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  09:51:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Tom and crew on this cold but no snow morning coffee sounds good for starters. Went operating yesterday on a layout I have not been running on good time was had by all. Will be operating Thursday afternoon and Sunday the club will be open for there Christmas show. Looks like model railroading is in full swing.i guess ill Look at the forum then get something done around here see you all later. Tom

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  09:52:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George D

Good morning, Tom and crew. It's a chilly day in Tidewater Virginia.

I'm going to see Ford v Ferrari with two sports writers this afternoon. My son in law covers the local NASCAR races and his friend, Al Pierce, writes for Autoweek. The discussion after the movie will be interesting.

Have a good day.
George

I enjoyed the movie and I thought I knew something about the rivalry going in. If the movie is true I am glad the old ways of running a company are gone. I would love to hear the conversation between the 2 knowledgeable sportswriter. I met Carrol Shelby once in the 90s and he was not a nice guy. Enjoy it.

TomO

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  11:25:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Tom and the rest of the crew. We woke up to another dusting of snow and temps at the freezing mark.

We are off to do some Christmas Shopping for the grandkids. Most of those need to be shipped, so we need to get it done ASAP.

Have a great day!

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  11:57:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

Grey, calm and chilly here in the northern mitten. The ceiling is gradually lifting, and there's one very small "sucker hole" in the cloud deck that shows some actual blue sky on the top side. The weekend snow is still clinging to the trees, which is unusual, but the warming yesterday caused just enough melt on the roads to make my driveway a cultural experience.

The postal service had an "important" delivery of an envelope with decals and a tracking number to make Saturday, postponed it to yesterday, postponed it three times yesterday, didn't get it delivered, and is now telling me that they tried oh, so very hard, to deliver it this morning and were "not able to access the delivery location." Since there's no signature required on this stuff, the "delivery location" is my mail box down at the road, which was nicely plowed out yesterday morning when I picked up the papers. So much for the "neither snow nor rain nor sleet nor..." slogans....

After probably over-thinking some engineering issues on my little station build, I think I have a Way Forward, and will attempt to move onward later this afternoon. Couple of comments from a snowed-in friend helped.

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe! If you're in the northeast shoveling out, be careful! We need you here!

Pete
in Michigan

[edit]: So I went out this afternoon, got home to find the mail box wide open and flapping in the breeze, and inside was, among some other stuff, my little package of decals. Will need to have another chat with the Operations Supervisor, but overall, I'm pleased. Next time, please close the door!

Edited by - Orionvp17 on 12/03/2019 6:40:55 PM

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  1:58:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon all! It's gray, overcast and cool here in the garden spot of the Midwest. Thanks for opening Tom, and thanks for the vittles. I'm sure the local PD was happy to see someone showed a little kindness. Nice job!

Pete, just be thankful that another government sponsored entity wasn't in charge of your ankle. They would have stapled a 'sorry' note on it with an expected deliverable date sometime in the future. Some things just don't need to be 'fixed'. The folks in our local Rural Route of mail delivery, went to the Postmaster to get the delivery person changed. She was either Dyslexic or illiterate. I can't count the number of time the mail was miss delivered. I chased her down with packages that had been left by back door, that required somebody else's signature, She would turn off the highway, and start honking her horn for the 1/4 mile run to the back of the house. I took pictures of a couple of cats with her tire tread marks across them. She knew I had complained, and would just open her car window and toss packages out on the ground. The Postmaster couldn't do a thing about it. When she finally got 'promoted' we had a Route party! Many of the local pets attended.

Have a Super day!

Jim

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  2:44:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George D

Good morning, Tom and crew. It's a chilly day in Tidewater Virginia. Tom, Eddie may have been sterilized, but something has to be done about that apron he's wearing.

Have a good day.
George

What apron? That's his T-Shirt!

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  9:09:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good evening, all. I shoveled myself out at sunrise, drove to Haverhill and caught a train to Boston. Then I spent the day as the only volunteer who made it in to staff the four Hub layouts at the Museum of Science. Some visitors missed the room-filling presence of last year's single layout, others applauded the less spooky lighting and placement of most of the trains down at kid eye-level. Most of the kids were just fascinated, of course, till something else fascinating at the museum distracted them. I've done my email and written my report, perhaps it's time for my layout.

Previous Topic: Aquarium Filter trees Topic Next Topic: Monday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000