Railroad Line Forums - The Gallery: Dec. 2019 "Modeling Year In Review"
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 71 ]  [ Total: 76 ]  [ Newest Member: Dizzy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 The Gallery: Dec. 2019 "Modeling Year In Review"
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: The Gallery:Nov19Details On Models Or In Scenes
Page: of 2

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2019 :  4:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is time to open the December Photo Gallery. This will be our 13th Annual ‘modeling review’ - a showcase of what we have accomplished at the modeling bench or on the layout in 2019.

Photos showing any modeling work you've done over the past year are welcome: structures, rolling stock, vehicles, motive power, scenery work, track work, layout construction - all are appropriate!

As we did the past three years, we will include another category to the mix. Feel free to add your favorite photo(s) that you took during 2019 even if the subject of the photo was not built during the year or was on someone else's layout or diorama.

Before closing, I want to alert you all to the fact that January's Theme will be "Low Light or Night Time Pictures". Since these often take some time to stage, I'm giving you a month warning.

Okay, then, let’s see what you have accomplished or what photos you have taken in 2019!

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2019 :  7:01:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll start us off with this. I got a major scene mostly done, the 'mill valley' (in front of the electrical panel closet.) 3 large scratchbuilt buildings, the NE Brownstone viaduct and stone foundations, rough scenery, and a start on the water feature. Plus backdrop (not glued into place yet.)

(Many more photos on my layout build thread, http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50442, starting at the bottom of Page 20. )

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Edited by - deemery on 12/01/2019 7:07:01 PM

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 12/02/2019 :  8:18:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I started out the year building the courthouse. And combining it with the grocery into a module.

Railrunner130
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 12/02/2019 :  8:26:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Railrunner130's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Four of the buildings I've built this year.

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  09:30:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
L&R Wood Chip Cars, with scratch built removable load. See build here; http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=51475

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  11:20:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I built this tenement in 2018, but earlier this year I added the porch light and opened up the left hand doors. I did this to add the hallway interior.

All of this was done because Bill Gill sent me this phone, made by Bob Santos.

Guff
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  1:21:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Guff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hamlin's Wizard Oil Complex in 1:29 scale:

David Guffey

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 12/04/2019 :  11:31:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back in March I built this small, but controversial, statue.

Gotta keep the home fires burning.

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 12/04/2019 :  2:09:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll join the fun and post my work this year. Back in June I started back on the quarry line. Things and ideas have changed since them.

Bernd

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/04/2019 :  7:55:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About the only thing I've accomplished this year is putting together a strike scene on the club layout. The work stoppage is kinda symbolic of my year.

George

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 12/04/2019 :  8:44:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing spectacular here, but back in May of this year I picked up a hot air balloon for my layout; http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=51741&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=hot,air,balloon,blue,ox,trains
Did some overhauling to it, and mounted it over my Park Area.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/05/2019 :  06:52:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
During the summer of 2019 I built this "Dickens Victorian London" diorama in HO scale.

See the thread here: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=51789

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/05/2019 :  3:32:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All of my models are HO scale. I'll start with my tribute diorama that I started on 01/21/2019 to honor Chester Fesmire and Frederic' Testard, in the 2019 Tribute Challange in Mike's Craftsman Corner.

This is my scrachbuild of Red Oak Garage originally a model by Chuck Doan, that I built to honor Chester Fesmire.

This is my scracthbuild of a FOS Scale Model of Ideal's Grocery, that I built to honor Frederic' Testard.

This is a kitbash of a Roco Zis5 truck kit that I built to honor Chester Fesmire.

Next is a scratchbuilt Backwoods engine and water car.

Up next is a picture showing a kit I received from a friend, who asked me to build the kit to review it for him.

This is my version as built by me. I have yet to add it to a base, but when I do, it will look similar to the last picture shown.

I have had a good modeling year that was mixed amongst several 1:1 projects as well. I have yet another "work-in-progress" diorama started, that I will be uploading before the end of the month. Stay tuned.

Rich

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 12/06/2019 :  10:11:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My next project earlier this year was building this bank.

It became a bigger project when I decided to remove the Package goods store from city module #2.

And replace it with the bank.

The Package goods store went on to become a later project.

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 12/06/2019 :  10:38:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Fred you do some amazing work. Looking forward to next year.

Frank

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 12/07/2019 :  12:00:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Frank. I'm going to try to make it through this year first.

Page: of 2 Topic Next Topic: The Gallery:Nov19Details On Models Or In Scenes  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000