Railroad Line Forums - Wednesday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 254 ]  [ Total: 258 ]  [ Newest Member: DanielR ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Wednesday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Posting pictures from an iPad Topic Next Topic: Tuesday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/27/2019 :  08:05:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all from N.E. Indiana where it is raining cats and dogs. Temps are dropping from 51 last night to 30 later, winds at 55 mph, gusting to infinity.
The coffee urn is READY with Triple Valve blend, the special is a short stack and slice of Canadian bacon. All other beverages are ready.

I got out yesterday and bought some Turkey Franks for tomorrow. (just kidding  ) Actually we went and picked up a small bird and quickly left the crowds behind. Too many 'crazies' out there.

The continuing rain makes it a perfect cave day. I'm working on some NMRA paperwork, and a new clinic for St.Louis.

Have a Super day! Stay dry.

Jim

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 11/27/2019 :  09:00:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the RR-L Crew this very WINDY day before Thanksgiving Day. 52 outside right now but still feels cool to me. Rained all night long.

Starting to try and clean up a lot of accumulated stuff of Rusty Stumps gather over the last 18 years. Didn't realize just how much of it there is. Mary at least was able to eliminate one shelf unit from the dining room. Only two to go there. Still have lots of inventory of 3D and cast parts. Found quite a bit of white metal parts. Those I'll send to my son in new Mexico as he's gotten into HO scratch build modeling quite heavy.

Carl and Carla our oldest son and his wife should be here around supper time. Their driving down from Kalamazoo. Chris will be down for Christmas if his health is OK. Something has caused issues with his sciatica nerve in one leg. Basically it's gone numb after being very painful to the point he had to go to the ER. The doctor there told him he didn't know what the issue was but it was serious. They speculate that a mesh inserted when he had a hernia operation about 5 years ago may have slipped and cut the sciatica nerve in his leg. Hopefully it didn't sever it. The doctor who did the operation is on vacation and his insurance company has told him "he's on his own with any medical bills as it looks like a malpractice issue. That he should get an attorney." Always something to screw your life up.

Everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the WINDY Train Yard. and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to ALL..... Don't over eat.

Walt

In the Crossroads of America.

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 11/27/2019 :  09:29:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dreary rainy day here in No VA. Good day to be in the home office and the shop wrapping up several small projects so that I can re-claim my bench spaces.

Might dare the roads and rain to make a run to the library to pick up a book that I got notification of being on hold for me.

Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to,
while all the time we long to move the stars to pity.

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 11/27/2019 :  09:34:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and Walt and all in coming friends and guests. We have the same weather as Jim and still getting some lights up outside in the wind. Still reading my HOn3 annual I got last week getting some good ideas now to just do them. See you all later.Tom

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/27/2019 :  09:45:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bright sun this morning after an all night rain. Weather reports are being posted on a majic slate, as soon as they post something they pull it up and have something contrary to report. There is a massive puddle in the horse pasture across the road. With the wide range of wether possibilities I have set up my ipad at the back window on time lapse as it seems that it might make for an interesting video later in the day. Winds are forecast for 50mph plus and the Doll is freaking out that the power may go out. I gave her the answer she gave me when I planned on getting an emergency generator installed, "Well, we can just pack up and go to a motel..." Even as I've been typing this the schy has changed significantly and the SW wind appears to be stirring up some clouds. The sucker hole is about to close.

I took the 3 remaining RS-36s apart yesterday and starting this morning I will be drilling holes and putting in hand holds and steps bent from .010 wire. I also noted that I missed a whole set of grab irons right behind the conductor's side of the test model. I've been using the new electric drill and Micro Mark chuck with a #79 bit and have made it through 2 locomotives so far. Much better luck than using a pin vice and #80s. The last time I did that I broke 3-4 bits putting grab irons on one passenger car. You know, if I ran the whole NYC 20th Century Limited past 90% of us you'd be hard pressed to find the one that has all the grabs. After grabs are done I'll start the electronic upgrade, hard wiring the truck-motherboard wiring and putting in mini-me LEDs. Paint will also take place there sometime. I also will be making up a master for decals. Lots to do, and sitting here is not getting a bit of it done.

Sorry Jim, too much sodium, msg, fake s***, red goo and who knows what in those turkey dogs...or much of anything else to eat those days. Doctor Doll is kicking my tail over what I eat lately. Her sister in law sent over a loaf of home made bread yesterday and by the time she gave it the Beni-Hanna knife treatment there were 3 crumbs and a cat hair left.

To work, trying to be positive as the inner space ship seems to be navigating in a straight line the last day or too.

Travelers, be safe. Walt, sure hope all goes ok for your son.

Happy early Thanksgiving all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/27/2019 :  10:52:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, all. The NH seacoast is mostly cloudy and warming up, with rain forecast for tonight and tomorrow. Pleasant journeys to all who have to travel! I drove to Logan (BOS) last night to pick up my wife's cousin. Even at 2230 traffic was awful at Arrivals, so we just asked her to meet us upstairs at Departures. Bonus: there weren't any Staties chasing cars away after 2 minutes. Home slightly before midnight, then up before sunrise to help my ex load four steers for their trip to freezer camp. Now I'm working on bills and planning for next year, later I'll make my Boston Steamed Brown Bread and Cranberry Sauce. Then maybe I can go back to the layout.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/27/2019 :  11:17:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is 50 degrees and windy here in S.E. Michigan. Colder weather will arrive later today.

Our youngest son arrived yesterday with his 5 kids and our younger granddaughter from Michigan is also here. Those 6 keep us busy.

Jim, that project that we are working on will likely not be complete until Sunday. Sorry.

Have a great day!

Bruce

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/27/2019 :  12:52:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew from the Chicago suburbs. I am in my sisterís kitchen watching the tree show through her skylines. Already one tree has crashed through her neighbors brand newly installed on Monday fence. I see at least 4 trees swaying in the 32 mph winds with gusts up to 50 per the cell phone that could easily crash the house. It has been 2 years ago on Super Bowl Sunday when my BIL passed. His electronics bench in his downstairs shop has been left untouched. My sister wants me to take it so I will pack it up starting today and when my son comes up from Austin he is stopping here tomorrow and can put it in his pickup. Since Terry drove and we have her car and there is barely room for our luggage. Other then that just chilling. We have dinner here tonight with old friends and neighbors. Tomorrow family and friends show for what will be the last Thanksgiving in this house for my sister, 36 years. Enjoy your day.

TomO

Previous Topic: Posting pictures from an iPad Topic Next Topic: Tuesday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000