Railroad Line Forums - Tuesday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 193 ]  [ Total: 195 ]  [ Newest Member: DanielR ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Tuesday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Wednesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Monday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/26/2019 :  05:40:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, readers, and guests from cool and dry for now, N.E, Indiana. 36 and heading toward 56 with rain later, and then overnight. I've got nothing on the schedule to concern me with the weather forecast. A little stiff from crawling around under that layout yesterday. That kind of work was fun 40 years ago.

The silver bullet just flashed READY with Railbender blend. The special is Belgian Waffles and Strawberry either on the side or on top. Have it your way. Bacon strips or sausage patties. All other drinks available. The oatmeal pot looks like a coal bucket as 'someone' left it on the stove overnight.

The lounge needs a clean out today as we'll have quite a few lurkers show up in a few days to wish members holiday greetings. So practice up your social skills.

[/soapbox] That's about it, I'm sure I'll find something to work on today.

Have a Super day! If you're driving, watchout for the other guy/gal.

Jim

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/26/2019 :  08:22:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew and Jim thanks for opening. Last nice day in Wisconsin for a few days as the white stuff is coming. We head to Chicagoland this morning and based on reports today the drive should be no issue. Stayed in the train room too long yesterday and will let Terry do most of the driving. Enjoy your day.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/26/2019 :  08:26:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It appears that the sun is going to arrive shortly, there is a layer of fog from about 20 to 50 feet off the ground making for a strange look to the woods behind me. I am going to have a bowl of oat slop meal and maybe toast this morning if I stay true to my recent plans. We're trying to see what might be triggering some of my vertigo issues. It's been a pain. The doc has me on a course of antibiotics to try tackle sinus pressure which seems to set it off.

The weather looks like it's going to be a challenge for many the next couple of days. It seems that there may be a wide range of snow events, especially in my UP country, little to no snow along Lake Michigan to mega amounts the farther North you go. edit: Waves 10-12 feet along the Eastern shore of the Garden Peninsula... Should be quite a sight!! We’re ON the named peninsula’s Eastern shore...

WE'll be staying here in our Southern Command in mid Michigan where it appears there will be very high winds at some time later. I've not checked out the TV website video as I'm in quiet mode until the Doll wakes up. She spend6-7 hours working on her antique booth yesterday and, as is often the case, she must be achy and is in the lazy-girl chair.

I plan on testing the three still undec RS-36s today and then prep them for 'the treatment'. Since finding out a suitable replacement for my old bottle of Poly Scale Southern Rwy Green, Tamiya XF-70, I've been quite happy with my airbrushing results. I'm also low on decals so will make up a master and send it off to Highball Graphics so I can get the fleet going. One of our division members also wants some decals for his railroad and I'll give that a shot as well. My old copy of Corel Draw 12 didn't function on the new super computer so I have a new version that should be on the Brown Truck today.

The Doll will be off with her brother today to visit their older sister over not far from the Dutchman's neck of the woods. She's been in a memory care facility for several months. I know it will trouble the Doll to see her but they've not been in a couple of months.....

Have a good, safe, pleasant day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 11/26/2019 09:14:15 AM

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 11/26/2019 :  08:39:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all on this sunny morning going to almost sixty sometime today.leaveing in a few looking for cheap white bread for stuffing Lucy Lucy couldn’t find in the big box stores yesterday. Have to fight the little old lady’s doing last muniteshopping. See you all later, tom

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/26/2019 :  09:15:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. We're supposed to see the 60's today. I have some errands to run this morning, then I'm weathering some metal wheels. I need to bring my freight car fleet up to standards.

Have a good day.
George

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/26/2019 :  09:34:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, all. The NH Seacoast is sunny this morning, with 55F expected later. They're forecasting some rain Wednesday to early Thursday but I'm much more concerned about the chance of snow Sunday, when my layout is open.

Either way, I've got some structure and scenery projects I'll try to finish before it's time to clean the track & locos for the show.

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/26/2019 :  09:51:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Geology class and lab today. Next week is the last week of classes, so that'll mean a lot more modeling time starting mid December. Last night I got a bit more done on 28' cars #3 and #4, but they're not quite complete yet. I also dug out some trucks, and I'll paint them today and then add wheelsets.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/26/2019 :  09:58:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GOOD MORNING dave.

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/26/2019 :  10:12:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin'All!

Mid-thirties, headed to the mid forties and (surprise!!) grey here in the northern mitten today. Talk of rain and wind tonight, but not the foot or so of WGFA they're advertising for Karl's Yooper Land.

They can have the snow... I'm OK with that.

Not much else shaking here today, so it's off to get shots and pick up some Thursday chow.

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

Previous Topic: Wednesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Monday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000