Railroad Line Forums - Thursday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 76 ]  [ Total: 76 ]  [ Newest Member: Dizzy ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Thursday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Friday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Midweek Lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/24/2019 :  08:14:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all! The silver bullet is READY with Fireman's brew today. The special is chicken and waffles. An extra special is one slice of dry white toast for TomO who is tired of the overly elaborate breakfasts   All other beverages are available.

Work continues on painting LP for the Ferris wheel at nite, and 1:1 painting in the house. LP's don't come up with the furniture moves.

Looks like more of the same today. Maybe I'll cut the grass for the last time (again) later. Supposed to hit 65 this afternoon.

/rambling

Have a Super day!

Jim

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 10/24/2019 :  08:29:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the RR-L Crew 53f here in the Crossroads. Should be a rather nice day, yesterday was.

We head out today for GR Michigan for a couple of days, then down to Kazoo for a few more days. Visiting the youngest and oldest sons.

Everyone have a FUN and SAFE day in the Train Yard.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/24/2019 :  09:16:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Walt and the rest of the crew.

It is cloudy and 46 degrees here in S.E. Michigan.

We are heading to an outlet mall for some birthday presents for our sons.

I don't know what else is on the agenda at the moment.

Have a great day!

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 10/24/2019 :  09:28:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. Just finished a cleaning at the dentist. I have a few errands to run then a bike ride. Maybe I can get some workbench time inlater.

Have a good day.
George

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/24/2019 :  09:50:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew. Jim, I didnt mean your breakfasts. Just the breakfast Foods in Texas. But I will gladly have the toast and a diet Dr. Pepper. I actually had the chicken and waffles for dinner about 9 last night in El Paso. Yes, we left yesterday as my day off got cut by the spouse. Image that, a woman changing her mind. The 8 hours at 80 mph really moves fast. We will check out this beautiful city today. Enjoy your day.

Edit: I was asked why the traveling now during Fall. One reason is while we love the Austin area it is too hot for us from April to September. The other reason, due to my health issues the last few years I had been unable to travel much in the car. Last year when I twice tried the Route 66 trip it was too taxing. I feel the best now since prior to retirement in 2014. So we are playing catch up because of 4 years of health that prevented our road tripping. Thanks Kevin for asking.

TomO

Edited by - tloc on 10/24/2019 10:14:46 AM

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/24/2019 :  10:17:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Daybreak overcast has started to yield to severe clear moving from W to East at a slow pace. Its cool outside. The clouds just move enough to brighten up the highly magnificent colors that have come on in a big hurry the last few days. Im slightly bemused at the chicken and waffle thing that seems to be some runaway joke from some marketing gurus Monday morning hangover influenced staff meeting.....Roll this out...people will eat it up...(pun intended).

I spent the day yesterday trying with absolute zero success to do some airbrushing, seems a skill that has totally vaporized, or Ive just not been too successful in cleaning by equipment well. I had one airbrush torn down to the oh s*** now what did I do.... stage and another just wont seem to spray right, either. Ordered some cleaning tools on Amazon. The remnants of Southern Ray green Polyscale seem to have an issue as well. MAYbe I can get a trip in to the hobby store, not local.

Talked to my brother yesterday, hes got an off beat sense of humor on his impending surgery. Behind his bravado I think hes a bit frightened but confident in the outcome.

Everyone have a good day. Walt have a safe trip to GR and the Zoo...

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/24/2019 :  12:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by k9wrangler

Southern Ray green Polyscale seem to have an issue as well. MAYbe I can get a trip in to the hobby store, not local.

Karl, Grab a 40% off coupon and head over to Hobby Lobby and pick up a 1/2 oz bottle of Vallejo 70.891 Intermediate Green. Looks very close to BN green. Thin it out, and light coats. 20 lbs of air pressure.

Jim

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/24/2019 :  2:53:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found some Tamiya XF-70 Dark Green tried 5-6 different Vallejos not quite there. Quite happy with the Tamiya paints in the past. Have 3 loco projects in the supply chain.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Previous Topic: Friday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Midweek Lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000