Railroad Line Forums - Midweek Lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 95 ]  [ Total: 97 ]  [ Newest Member: Dizzy ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Midweek Lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Thursday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Old rustie Gold  

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 10/23/2019 :  07:42:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, crew. I made an early trip to Panera, so there's cinnamon crunch bagels on the counter next to a hot pot of Ashpit Blend. We also have eggs, your way and some Virginia ham.

I'm celebrating 60 years with the same woman today. I'm surprised Pat has put up with me all these years and I'm happy she has.

I'm off to the USO.

George

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/23/2019 :  07:55:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like George snuck in the back door.

Congratulations on 60 years George and Pat!

Good morning crew, readers, and guests. It's 40 and clear in N.E. Indiana. The caboose stove is taking the chill out of the lounge. The silver bullet is READY with Derail blend. The special is Luftwaffles and Black forest Ham. Scrambled eggs on the side. All other drinks available.

A little stiff this morning as my youngest son and I attacked the great room walls and ceiling with a TSP wash in preparation for the paint job. The 40+ year age difference was evident. Glad he's helping out with it. He went back South last night. so I got a reprieve until the weekend.

I'll switch to painting LP today, and give my body an R&R day.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Edited by - BurleyJim on 10/23/2019 08:05:09 AM

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/23/2019 :  08:47:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rain today in SE NH, but they say we might see sun by the end of the day. I need to head downstairs and finish the warehouse, and then do a big cleanup. The train room/workshop is a much bigger disaster than usual, and that's saying something!

Wife and I agreed: Our favorite anniversary card says on the outside "On our anniversary we celeberate" and on the inside "Another year of not killing each other!" Congrats, George & Pat!

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Edited by - deemery on 10/23/2019 08:48:23 AM

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 10/23/2019 :  08:53:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning George, Jim, Dave and the rest of the RR-L Crew. A chilly 43f here this morning with clear skies. Oatmeal and tea for breakfast.

Dave, Married couples hold hands so they don't clobber each other in public.

Not a whole lot planned today, Just living I guess. Everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the COOL Train yard.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/23/2019 :  08:56:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Happy anniversary to you and Pat. 60 years is long time to have at it!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/23/2019 :  09:04:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
60 years is a marvelous accomplishment George and Pat!

I’ll have some of the cinnamon crunch.

Severe clear this morning and relatively calm after 36-48 of wind and rain. Yesterday’s weather wasn’t as bad as forecast but a neighbor in the North said the bouy out on Lake Michigan in sight of our land reported 12’ Waves and a photo on the Manistique site the Doll subscribes to showed quite a hit on the lighthouse there, spectacular to see.

I fiddled around with a mediocre paint job on the SD40-T2 yesterday. It’s going to be a candidate for some weathering.

I placed an order with Micro-Mark yesterday just under $200. I received an e-mail acknowledging the order. Time stamped 1 minute later had an e-mail offering “free shipping” on orders about half size the one I’d just sent. (~$17) on mine yesterday.

More painting later, maybe. Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/23/2019 :  10:06:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew. Thank you George for opening and a nice simple breakfast. I also like the simple breakfast as I have tired of breakfast tacos, burritos and similar breakfast foods. Congrats on the anniversary and wow 60!

I have to tell Terry about why old folks hold hands and The card info from Dave. So true!

I have a workbench here in Austin and I plan to hide there today. I am attempting to paint LP, mainly MOW workers with the PPE in orange. Terry promised a day off, this is it. This is the first day off since we left 12 days ago. Tomorrow we leave for El Paso and then Palm Springs, then up the Carmel, then we play it by ear. The sort of plan is to be back in Austin in a couple weeks or so. Next week I have reservations to play the last golf course on my bucket list. Pebble Beach twice and neighboring Spyglass. My brother and his g/f will join us for 3 nights and he and I will play Pebble. I cannot wait. Enjoy you day.

TomO

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/23/2019 :  10:14:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats on 60 years, George & Pat!

We have another beautiful fall day here in S.E. Michigan. The sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, and leaves are falling.

Bonnie and I have rebounded from the reaction from the shingles vaccination. I think some shopping is being planned.

Have a great day!

Previous Topic: Thursday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Old rustie Gold  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000