Railroad Line Forums - First frost Tuesday lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 61 ]  [ Total: 65 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 First frost Tuesday lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Wednesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Monday morning lounge  

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/08/2019 :  08:23:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frost on the grass and truck windshield this am. Not the major "Killer" frost we'd like but a positive step toward, hopefully, some allergy and mosquito abatement.

Hot steamy oatmeal on the warmer this morning as well as a batch of cornedbeef hash for your eggs this morning, lots of big cubes of potatoes in the hash. Eggs over medium. Toast and english muffins and fresh creamery butter, (what other kind of butter is there?) milk, Gandy Dancer Thermite blend in the silver bullet READY to go, fill your Yeti cup it's a long day starting.

Worked on fitting speakers in the SD40-T2 yesterday and with fine tune that today. It is supposed to be a nice, clear day today. Not sure on the plans, I think a trip to the tax prep place is on tap as well as a call for a repair on my green machine, popped off a belt and maybe a general overlook while they have it.

Everyone have a good day.
Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/08/2019 :  08:24:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forgot my Diet A&W and TomO's diet Dr. Pepper.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/08/2019 :  09:04:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, I drink diet A&W too, but thanks for remembering me! It is 40 heading to 67f degrees today. A nice day to be alone. Terry took off this morning to visit a friend in Racine and she was hoping to miss Milwaukee rush hour. She definitely got out the door early enough to miss Madisonís so called rush hours.

So, home alone. I have already been in the hobby room no longer called the trainroom. The realtor said to keep the trains up as either the house sells quickly or in 18 months or based on which way the economy goes not at all. She is concerned being off the grid and our price point will turn buyers off. I told her we can hook to the grid and she says letís wait. We have tossed the idea to sell and move out of state for awhile now but we will just try to sell now. Depending on the next election and which way the taxes go will decide what we do. I know for a fact we will build or buy the next place at around 2000sq.ft. This place including my cave and hobby room is way too big. The sign for sale goes up today. Tree huggers are what the realtor says she needs to buy this place!

Enjoy the day
TomO

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 10/08/2019 :  09:15:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Carl, Tom and crew. It's a damp day in Tidewater Virginia. It's in the upper 60's and not supposed to go up much more than that.

Pat and I are heading out for breakfast and flu shots. After that I'm going to be playing with Templot a track designing program.

Have a good day.
George

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/08/2019 :  09:18:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Karl, Tom, George and the rest of the crew.

It was 43 degrees at wake-up. No frost here yet.

Today's agenda includes fall yard work and a trip to the barber shop.

Have a great day!

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/08/2019 :  10:42:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all,

Karl, Congrats on the frost! Thanks for the over the top breakfast.

I've been putzing around out in the shop, and remembered that I hadn't checked in. Then I thought about the hordes of folks waiting at the silver bullet. So relief came over me, when I saw that Karl had it under control.

I'm heading back out there to work on some guy's (Yutz!) '67 Porsche 911 that he hosed up the Weber's linkage trying to DIY balance without knowledge, or the vacuum flow meters that I have. So, that'll be a nioe 'bonus' in the kitty.

Have a Super day!

Jim

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/08/2019 :  11:58:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning all. Spent a large part of yesterday creating my first draft of a new thread/build introduction.

I'm leaving shortly to meet with a fellow railroader to discuss the creation of a set of YouTube videos on modeling. I think the main focus will be on structure building mediums/techniques along with weathering. My co-creator in this possible YouTube venture is, i believe, a retired cameraman from a local TV station. I know that he is really into the video aspects as he brings in new video equipment to each monthly meeting of one of the rr clubs I'm active in.

I've got to also spend a bit of the afternoon working on getting a couple of Blackstone engines ready for a train show this weekend. There are 3 or 4 larger model train events this weekend along the front range in Colorado, with TECO (Train Expo of Colorado) being one of them and where I'll be at. TECO usually has some great swap tables and I'm hoping to find some older Mainline Modeler and MR magazines.

Have a good one everyone.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

Previous Topic: Wednesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Monday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000