Railroad Line Forums - MDC Shay couple of detail parts , help pleae
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 61 ]  [ Total: 68 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mid Scale Model Railroad Forum
 MDC Shay couple of detail parts , help pleae
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Terminal Strip Wiring Topic Next Topic: MDC Shay full circle.  

steve turner
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/21/2019 :  11:53:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys I wanted to upgrade the FLUTED stack and the boiler front round button door that the number goes on. Years ago when I had a memory I think I used brass replacement. I don't like the stock 2 piece stack and its so thick around the top rim. The brass button I think a tad different so you could at least get a number on it. Maybe someone or Louis could tell me which detail part might work for MDC Shay.Not straight stack the slightly fluted and number board button for front of boiler.MDC Shay HO.Thanks so much guys....its all coming together nicely and runs great...now the finishing. Steve

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 09/21/2019 :  12:53:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steve, Bachmann's website sold at one time the boiler door, boiler number plate, and tapered smokestack. Picture below.
And, Cal Scale sold brass and plastic parts for the Shay; https://www.bowser-trains.com/history/hocalscalesteam.html

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 09/21/2019 :  3:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wasn't that the kit Walker models made? Wiseman has it now.

Bob

It's only make-believe

Previous Topic: Terminal Strip Wiring Topic Next Topic: MDC Shay full circle.  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000