Railroad Line Forums - Aero Bermuda, by WIllys
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 86 ]  [ Total: 90 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Vehicle and Non-Rail Transportation Modeling
 Aero Bermuda, by WIllys
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Das Boot, a 1/35 scale WWII U-Boat diorama Topic Next Topic: A Paper Ship Model  

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/16/2019 :  3:58:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take a ride in the country'

ted :<)

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/16/2019 :  4:28:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finally got a chance to do some modeling'. 1955 Willys Aero Bermuda'..I had to build a small diorama to show case this little beauty. I must say this is the best detailed die cast model I have, I think the detailing is second to none and as good if not better than Franklin Mint, Brooklyn, Match Box Classics, etc. The glass is the best I've seen. They detailed the vent window locks, and dash board features. I am very impressed with this company, Esval Models. the one I have is 215 of 250,limited edition. Also first time I paid $100.00 plus for a 1:43 die cast car. I will admit the quality is worth it. The Bermuda is the most desired collectable classic car of all the Willys , as it was produced only one year. They sold for just under $2,000.00 in 1955. Today if you are lucky to find one, fully restored, it will run well over 200K..

Let's take a ride in the country'..:D

Thanks for looking'..

Edited by - quartergauger48 on 09/16/2019 4:41:40 PM

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/16/2019 :  4:38:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those were sold by Kaiser-Frasier-Studebaker dealers right? That is really a sweet model Ted!

Jim

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/16/2019 :  4:54:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jim, they originally were built first by Willys-Overland, then bought by Kaiser-Willys, 1952. Only built for 3 years. The Bermuda was a last attempt to turn a sales profit. But it failed. They stopped making cars and focused on Jeeps. They did build Aeros in Brazil for a few following years... A very simple and elegant looking car. 1955 was the all time record sales year for GM. The year that started to kill all the private labels...Studebaker was never involved with WIllys. They merged with Hudson and Packard but eventually failed as well...:-bigeyes]

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 09/16/2019 :  5:34:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I don't know Ted, your Willys is nice but the Nash Metro is my candidate.

Frank

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 09/16/2019 :  7:15:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Ted, long time no talk!
That automobile is not only a beauty, your special built diorama is fantastic looking.
When I looked at the first picture, without first reading your post, I thought for a moment that it was a real car in the country. Great job all around.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/16/2019 :  7:42:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Frank, The Nash Metro also known as the Hudson Metropolitan' also a great private label Auto. They actually sold quite a few of those'..little pedal cars...

Thanks Louis'. I love making scenery and roads Been busy with many distractions. But finally got some free time to do a little modeling. I bought the car back in April, and just started this project Friday...Took more to photographing it than it did to build it.... Here is a wide shot and ariel view. It's a very small diorama, just for shooting 1:43, 1:48, and 1:50 vehicles'...

Edited by - quartergauger48 on 09/16/2019 8:17:09 PM

Guff
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/16/2019 :  11:09:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Guff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ted, Nice work on the diorama. I never saw the real Willy's Bermuda but the model sure looks cool in your scenery!

David Guffey

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 09/17/2019 :  07:53:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice model and diorama as well!

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/17/2019 :  3:05:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Dave' and Tyson'.. I appreciate your nice comments'..

Previous Topic: Das Boot, a 1/35 scale WWII U-Boat diorama Topic Next Topic: A Paper Ship Model  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000