Railroad Line Forums - Monday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 110 ]  [ Total: 113 ]  [ Newest Member: colind ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Monday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Just realized, its a palindrome date today Topic Next Topic: SUNDAY..SUNday...Sunday!!!  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/09/2019 :  07:25:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, readers, and guests. It's still dark as the sun is heading South for winter. Always surprisingly fast it seems. The silver bullet is ready with Ashpit Blend today.The special is ham and eggs with grits on the side. Texas toast and bagels too. All beverages are ready too.

It rained off and on yesterday which threw a monkeywrench into our plans to go to a carnival atmosphere Chicken Dinner up at church. Our church which of course is very old, small, and in the middle of cornfields has a yearly fundraiser that draws people in from 50 miles away. We normally go and spend the better part of the day. Of course there is a Bingo, horseshoes, three legged races, etc. Normally about 1000 meals are served, at a church that seats about 150.

We came home after Mass and I worked on the Ferris Wheel and drew some new parts I needed to continue with it.

Looks like it'll be an orange goat day after the dew burns off.

Have a Super day!

Jim

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/09/2019 :  07:43:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It’s quiet in the woods as the sun is starting it’s work. There’s a bald eagle near that has been calling out. I can just hear the leaves rustling and a soft sound of the waves on the lake.

We had a nice fire on the beach last night after returning from our dinner. We saw a black bear lumbering across the road on the way. We saw a dozen or more deer as we’re drove around some exploring more of the beauty around us, a couple were a bit close for comfort but I managed to miss them.

Everyone have a good day. Eggs and grits please “cookie”.

-edited to remove the say what? factor- sure sounded like s dope earlier.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 09/09/2019 09:43:59 AM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/09/2019 :  10:00:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Karl and the rest of the crew. It is overcast and 56 degrees here in S.E. Michigan.

We are seeing some bright red sumac leaves as we drive around. Autumn is a blink away.

Off on some morning errands and a trip to replenish the pantry. Some weed pulling after we get home and then more work on some clinics. Two are 'almost there' and one needs a few hours more work.

Have a great day!

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/09/2019 :  10:10:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim, Karl and all who look in later. This morning the NH seacoast is mostly cloudy and cool, with a heavy dew likely to prevent mowing till after lunch. So I've paid a couple of bills and looked over the Forum while watering the four steers we're hosting. Next I'm heading up to the attic to see if I can finish a 6-4-6 sleeper I started years ago.

The hurricane passed well out to sea Saturday morning, but heavy surf was still shaking the beach restaurant where we held my HS reunion.

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/09/2019 :  10:41:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

Severe clear and headed for lovely early Autumn here in the northern mitten. The harbinger maples across the way are turning orange, the greens are gradually moving to "spring green," the Bay has turned another interesting shade of "gettin' colder blue," and the light from the retreating sun has changed its quality. It's amazing what one can notice when one simply sits on the perch in the peanut gallery and looks around.

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/09/2019 :  11:31:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew and thanks Jim for getting this Monday morning going. So. Wisconsin is overcast, wet and cool with a high today of a rainy 73. I opened the garage door heading out for the walk and it poured, so into the car to the fitness center. Home, showered and now eating. Later this morning after my vacuuming chores are done I will head to the train room.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Previous Topic: Just realized, its a palindrome date today Topic Next Topic: SUNDAY..SUNday...Sunday!!!  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000