Railroad Line Forums - SUNDAY..SUNday...Sunday!!!
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 120 ]  [ Total: 125 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 SUNDAY..SUNday...Sunday!!!
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Monday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Saturday morning lounge  

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/08/2019 :  07:20:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun seems to be coming this morning, I'm up early so I have a box of pastries from the bakery and there is atable set out with eggs, sausage or ham, grits, toast and fresh fruit. All the liquid libations one could want, as well.

The Doll had another great day for her "clean out Karl's garage..." Sale moving a lot of debris, eh hum, fine merchandise. I even did very well, selling over $200 in oil cans, a display stand and a couple other things, my first pay-pal deal from a fellow short on cash that went well. I'm up early as a couple fellows are coming around 0800, they said, to buy my old Ford 9n tractor. She's served us well for the 20 years we've owned her and with big red, the 661 taking up stall space in the garage, she's ready to move on to senior living elsewhere.

As soon as the tractor goes the Doll and I are loading up the 4runner and headed North for a few days at our 'estate' in the UP to check on things and enjoy some time in the woods.

My SPARTANS played well with a fine offensive show last evening and defeated strong in state opponent Western Michigan last night.

Everyone have a good day, enjoy the horsepower, TomO.
Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/08/2019 :  07:46:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pure Michigan Yooper logger blend in Jimís Silver Bullett this morning, I almost forgot.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/08/2019 :  10:02:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Karl and safe travels. The weather in So. Wisconsin is cool at 54f degrees now and hopefully 64 later. We have the Ironman competition, the bike segment, going by the driveway sometime this morning into the afternoon. It was quite a sight last year and I may venture down the driveway with a chair to cheer them on.

My 5 y/o grandson attended his 1st college football game yesterday. Another shut out by the Badger defense but I am not a fan of teams winning by 64. I actually watched most of the game, unusual for me to watch college football.

Today because of the miserable weather is a cave day. I donít know why but I started working on the Paper Millís electrical sub-station. I have to expand the benchwork and while I have the space itís not feeling right, so we shall see. Enjoy your day.

TomO

Edit: after the 2 mile walk this morning I decided the garage smell is from this weeks garbage. Took the containers including recycling down the driveway and about 1/2 mile west is a motorcycle cop on a county highway with lights flashing. I donít have to go down the driveway or into town to see the bike portion of the Ironman. The cop was flashing the lights for the leader who seemed to be doing more than the 35mph speed limit. He was a moving!

T

Edited by - tloc on 09/08/2019 11:35:11 AM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/08/2019 :  10:39:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Karl, Tom and the rest of the crew. We had temps around 54 degrees this morning and will top out in the mid-60's.

With the NER convention about 2 weeks away, I need to buckle down and put the finishing touches on the three clinics that I'm giving.

Have a great day!

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/08/2019 :  11:54:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Karl, Tom. Bruce, and the sleepy crew. Sounds like Karl should have bid on that 150, you could've cut your commute time up to the estate significantly. Not too much hauling though. I ended up by another Optivisor, and a Tichy Crane car kit. Big spender.

Tom sounds like he got a bevy of action going on in Wisconsin, better take it easy.

Between the NER and the NCR, Bruce will have a sore throat. Ayeyayay!

Time to go play with the Ferris Wheel.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/08/2019 :  11:57:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All,

60, headed for 65 and mostly cloudy here in the northern mitten today. Usual admin on tap, although I will try to get at some with a mug of Karl's Yooper Logger blend.

Then, with luck, some additional cogitating and perhaps ritual cutting of cardboard to figure out the roof lines on the ancient (1960s) Al Armitage "Ticket to Tomahawk" station building I've resurrected from the back of the bench to work on while I watch the leaves turn color and try to recover. The recovery part is going according to Hoyle; the station, not so much....

His station is based on the B&M "Greenwood" station, which was the B&M commuter stop for the Greenwood Avenue neighborhood in Wakefield, Massachusetts on the Western Route of the Portland Division. Interesting building, with a pagoda-style roof that has me buffaloed right now. I'm beginning to conclude that the drawings are not entirely accurate, and that I need to do some architect-work on this.

He did a " based-on" build and made some changes; i've made some changes to mine to more closely replicate Greenwood, but it's still going to be an "Inspired by" effort. Which would be fine if the roof would provide some "inspired" at some point!

And that's the news. The leaves are beginning to turn, the "spring green" and olive greens are replacing the lush blue-greens of mid-July, and the harbinger maples are showing signs of reds and oranges.

Bruce, you're gonna have to do double duty and enjoy the NER convention for me, so make some time for that!

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/08/2019 :  5:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Itís a beautiful sunny 59 degrees at the Dock, on the dock at Garden, MI on the Big Bay Dínoc on the Western side of the Garden Penninsula in Delta County.

No cougar sightings , Pete, but a BIG ole black bear was skootiní across the road a couple of miles East of the restaurant.

Everyone have a great evening.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Previous Topic: Monday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Saturday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000