Railroad Line Forums - Saturday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 125 ]  [ Total: 127 ]  [ Newest Member: colind ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Saturday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: SUNDAY..SUNday...Sunday!!! Topic Next Topic: Help - FOS New Freebie Kit - Cigars & Tattoos Kit  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/07/2019 :  07:24:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew from a cool 59f N.E. Indiana. The coffee urn is READY with Caboose Stove blend today. Hairball (Mike) might even sample this one. The special is easy over eggs and grits, Rye toast and bacon. Deadrail, pop, etc. all available.

By the time I escaped from the Friday traffic exiting Chicago, I was on crazy driver overload. Sleeping Beauty riding shotgun woke up in time to tell me to check the mailbox as we pulled on to the driveway.

I timed out early last evening. This morning I'm headed to an estate sale. There is an auction in the next town over, with a lot of stuff that would have had me there about 20 years ago, including a super clean Cessna 150. I better get that one off the RADAR for today. Maybe a nice Kadee coupler or two.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 09/07/2019 :  08:02:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning Jim and the rest of the RR-L Crew this morning. Most likely tea and oatmeal for me with coffee and Voortman later. Something different.

Nothing new here, same ole same ole stuff, WORK. Well, 8 days and the spigot will be turned off. Then just mop up what's left.

Supposed to be a partly cloudy day in these parts and in the upper 70's. Mary's already got her plans to work in the garden.

Everyone have a fun and safe day in the Train Yard.

Walt

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/07/2019 :  08:14:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cloudy and cool with upper 50s going to 70 with a peeking sun later today. Day 3 of the Doll's garage sale. Yesterday was pretty much a wash out but a little activity late as the "no rain" soaked everything.

Headed back North tomorrow for a few days and poking a stick at the contractors.

Everyone have a good day.

Cessna 150? If only....how cool would that be, if.....6366-Sierra was one of two I learned in back in the late 60s.

Prayers for all still affected by the hurricane...it's become old news but surely not for those it's still messing with.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 09/07/2019 08:17:04 AM

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/07/2019 :  08:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SE NH is getting the same weather as Sunfield Twp, Michigan. I'm off to an all-day program on the mills in Amesbury MA. Should be fun.

Walt, any word on a buyer for the business?

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/07/2019 :  10:04:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It 61 degrees and the sun is trying to break thru the clouds here in S.E. Michigan.

Apparently there is a yarn shop with sales not to be missed nearby. That will occupy at least part of the day.

The heat kicked on again this morning as temps in the house slid down into the upper 60's. A touch of early fall.

Have a great day!

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/07/2019 :  1:53:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon Crew. A busy sunny morning was had in So. Wisconsin. We did head to the Capital for the Farmer Market but because of the UW football and tomorrow’s Ironman set up today getting there was interesting. Still a sunny and 70f degree day that was not supposed to have any sunshine and highs in the mid 60’s. The granddaughter, our daughter, Terry and I are heading out in a few minutes to ride the monsters called horses. I prefer an AtV but the others love the horses.

We have the grandkids this evening as the parents attend a soccer game. But 1st, I have to drive the daughter near the UW football game exchange her for the 5 year old grandson who is with his dad at the football game. I told Terry just tell me a few minutes before I have to do anything else today.

Cessana’s are excellent aircraft, maybe a good buy there Jim! Think of how much quicker the Chicago trips would be. Lots of heavy machinery noise woke me at 7 this morning. Seems my brother is putting in a track for testing his autos. Basically he took my old train barn and converted it all to his car storage and rebuilds. Now his crew will have a place to test without going on public roads.

TomO

Previous Topic: SUNDAY..SUNday...Sunday!!! Topic Next Topic: Help - FOS New Freebie Kit - Cigars & Tattoos Kit  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.35 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000