Railroad Line Forums - ON30 Mid Hudson Meet Newburgh NY
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 107 ]  [ Total: 109 ]  [ Newest Member: colind ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 ON30 Mid Hudson Meet Newburgh NY
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Okie Logging Camp Dining room Topic Next Topic: The Blue Ridge Stemwinder in On30  

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/05/2019 :  5:46:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Information on this Falls Mid Hudson ON30 meet.

If you can make it there are some very talented modelers that attend. Some names you have seen in the ON30 annuals.

Let me know if you would like to attend and I will pass on the message.

Fri. & Sat. 18/19 October in Gardiner, NY, exit 18 off NYSthruway, New Paltz exit. Main hotel is in Newburgh NY exit 17 off NYSthruway, Day Inn on rte. 300 near Stewart Airport. $10 fee covers both days.
We start at 9am on Fri. and wind up about 5pm. Sat 8 till 3. Many will then share dinner together before retiring for the night. Some even 'party on' for awhile at the hotel. We also have snacks and coffee all day long for all attendees. There is a nearby deli within walking distance and a Hannaford grocery, Dunkin Donuts and three nearby restaurants.
We will have a weathering clinic featuring Dan Wolschon, Al Judy and myself using various techniques. With any luck we may have delivery of the new Trench loco developed by our own living legend, Les Davis using 3-D printing techniques. He will be present to answer questions about the process and show other new 3-D printed items. Alan Carroll will be present with his usual stash of 'inquisition' tools to butcher innocent locos and rolling stock into wonderful models.
So far we have John Wiegel (Peterboro RR), Clem Ojevich (Warrior Run loco works), Ed Fillion (Deerfield Laser), Dylan Lambert (Lambert Works) with new 3-D printed locos and critters. Other vendors have yet to verify attendance at this point. I will update as others are confirmed.
The focus of this gathering is on the modeler rather than another retail show. It is not open to the public per say but by word of mouth and internet messages. Attendees are encouraged to bring models to show, sell or trade and to bring a bag of questions and observations to share with others. Over the many years of this twice a year event, we have come to bill it as a 'Gathering of friends' than just another train show. So attend if you can and enjoy a few days with like minded RR modeling friends in your favorite scale and gauge, On30
Get back to me if you have any specific questions concerning the Meet and I hope to see you soon.
Allen K. Littlefield
My current build:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50375

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/11/2019 :  2:38:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larry, what is the exact location? Is it Newburg or Gardener?
Thanks'.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/11/2019 :  3:18:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gardner. I will post the exact location when I have it.

My current build:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50375

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 09/13/2019 :  09:48:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a few miles up the road from Newburgh but the motels are in Newburgh where we stay.

Previous Topic: Okie Logging Camp Dining room Topic Next Topic: The Blue Ridge Stemwinder in On30  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000