Railroad Line Forums - Wednesday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 104 ]  [ Total: 107 ]  [ Newest Member: colind ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Wednesday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Thursday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Tuesday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  08:16:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew from 62 and clear N.E. Indiana. The coffee urn is READY with Berkshire Blend this morning. The special is a Denver omelet with some cornbread on the side. All other beverages available.

The predicted overnight storms must have gone North, it rained about 20 minutes here early yesterday evening. Of course, just as I was headed in from the shop. I shot the first coat of paint on the Ferris Wheel framework assembly. A lot of nooks and crannies to cover. I found a virgin bottle of RR11 Reefer White in the paint stash. I'll need to add a little brown with the second coat to tone it down a bit.

Mosquitoes have been horrible these past few weeks, I'm ready for a few frosty mornings.

An estate sale this weekend for a deceased longtime Pennsylvania RR modeler, that I might go to help out with. Big HO collection, hope they do well.

Have a Super day!

Jim

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  08:34:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and clear 60 in Michigan. Yep they storms were up here. Lots of fireworks and loss of satellite signal. A fresh cool air this morning.

I test ran the RS-3 yesterday after putting on the handrails, readdressed it to the cab number and ran it back and forth a bit. Quite pleased with the sound and running. I need a couple more details added, another 3-4 months? I hope not.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  08:49:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning Jim, Karl and the rest of the RR-L Crew this fine sunny morning. Oatmeal and tea for me with coffee and Voortman later.

Just running along as usual, nothing new at this end of the tracks.

Everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the Train Yard.

Walt

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  09:49:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew from So. Wisconsin. No rain till Saturday but temperatures barely into the 70ís. The weather is acting like it is October not September. Thanks Jim for the refreshments and food, definitely needed this morning.

We are headed to the Farmer Market this morning and then JoAnn Fabrics. I used weed fabric under the layout and it looked good but I donít like the imprinting. So off to get some duck fabric and see what that looks and feels like. I have been running the layout again, a few minutes and a few times a day. But in DC as I sold all the DCC engines. The difference of course is notable but the biggest difference is lack of sound. I checked tracking yesterday and 2- DCC GP38-2ís are to arrive today, I had the speakers replaced and the bulbs changed to Ledís. After testing I will change/play with the CVís to match what I have used with my ProtoThrottle.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  2:03:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon to the entire crew.

We are having fun with Great Granddaughter Aubrey. She was 3 months old yesterday.

Enjoy the rest of the day!

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  5:45:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon, All!

The sun is over the yardarm, the sky is clear, the temps are moderate and the wind is abating here in the northern mitten. Time for appropriate libations, and since the grill is up and ready, burgers and brats.

Went to the surgeon today, he pulled out about a zillion and a half staples from my ankle, pronounced things to be healing nicely, put me in a boot and told me to come back in three weeks. No pressure at all on the ankle!!

So I get to sit and comment from my perch in the peanut gallery for a few more weeks....

Got back to the bench the other day for the first time. I'm finishing up a long-neglected station build, with an interior, so I had oh-so-carefully measured and made seven benches for the interior so the commuters had a place to sit out of the snow. Started installing them, realized I had made seven, but now had only six locations. So why did I make the seventh???

Such is my life....

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  6:07:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Orionvp17

Good afternoon, All!

The sun is over the yardarm, the sky is clear, the temps are moderate and the wind is abating here in the northern mitten. Time for appropriate libations, and since the grill is up and ready, burgers and brats.

Went to the surgeon today, he pulled out about a zillion and a half staples from my ankle, pronounced things to be healing nicely, put me in a boot and told me to come back in three weeks. No pressure at all on the ankle!!

So I get to sit and comment from my perch in the peanut gallery for a few more weeks....

Got back to the bench the other day for the first time. I'm finishing up a long-neglected station build, with an interior, so I had oh-so-carefully measured and made seven benches for the interior so the commuters had a place to sit out of the snow. Started installing them, realized I had made seven, but now had only six locations. So why did I make the seventh???

Such is my life....

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

Backup of course, you should have lost at least one by now.

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  6:43:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

Backup of course, you should have lost at least one by now.

But these were different sizes!

Pete
in Michigan

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  6:59:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Made 'em for the wrong building.

Jim

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  7:57:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

Made 'em for the wrong building.

Jim

Pete
in Michigan

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/04/2019 :  9:57:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
perch in the peanut gallery

Iím more curious about what the fish are doing in the train station....

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 09/04/2019 9:58:41 PM

Previous Topic: Thursday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Tuesday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000