Railroad Line Forums - Thursday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 104 ]  [ Total: 107 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Thursday morning lounge
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Friday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: The Video, Pics, Joke and Misc. Thread
Page: of 2

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/15/2019 :  07:45:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew from the warm and muggy N.E. Indiana, where it will continue with occasional showers. The coffee urn is ready with Ashpit blend. Spam and eggs today. Tea, K-cups, and pop, all ready.

Spent most of the day yesterday out in the shop, shuffling things from one end to the other. I was able to part with a roadside garbage bin of stuff. Only about 40 more years of 'stuff' to sort through. Too much!

I'll get out there this morning for a little while then run errands this afternoon. Maybe get a little modeling in, too humid to paint anything.

Have a Super day!

Jim

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/15/2019 :  08:11:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Grey and dull looking this morning in MI. Cool temp and promise of lower humidity.

We had fresh sweetcorn last evening, mmmmm, you know summer is winding down when it's time for sweetcorn. We'll be missing the big Sweetcorn Fest at Cooks in the UP this weekend, we do have a representative attending for us.

Everyone have a good day. No plans, may do some wiring out in the shop/barn.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 08/15/2019 :  09:18:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Karl and the rest of the RR-L Crew this fine sunny morning with occasional storms later today.

Well the marble got refinished, sealed and polished yesterday. Took the feller almost all day to do it. Looks nice, almost afraid to walk on it.

Need to pick up 18 cartons of oak flooring at Menard's today. Mary wants the family room floor redone to match the flooring in the rest of the house. We got the last of it shipped in from out of state. They are discontinuing it.

Well, that's it for now. Just work, work, and more work around here.

Walt

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/15/2019 :  09:18:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Karl, Walt and the rest of the crew. It is cloudy and 64 degrees right now in S.E. Michigan.

It rained over night, so the vegetation is wet. Since I was going to cut weeds and brush near the fence line today, I think that I will wait for a dry day. Yesterday I ignored the wetness and went after a large patch of weeds with the weed whacker. I came in covered from head to toe with chopped up leaves all over me. Looked a lot like the Jolly Green Giant.

I have a few errands to run this morning and I'll see if things dry up this afternoon.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/15/2019 :  09:40:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from So. Wisconsin where we did not get rain last night and it is severely clear. The temperatures are up and should hit 78f degrees. Thanks Jim for opening, the Liquid refreshments and the eggs. I no longer do spam even if it is fried or grilled on the Weber.

No plans for the day but that is because Terry hasnít said anything and she is out in the greenhouses. I did return to the trainroom yesterday and actually did something at the bench. Added some pipe elbows to the Cooling Tower.

Have a great day
TomO

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/15/2019 :  10:19:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A nice summer day in SE NH. Wife is heading to Boston to visit a friend (who has cancer :-( ), so it's just the dogs and I for the day. I did some painting on the rocks in Mill Valley, and also installed the 1/4" hardboard backer for photo backdrops. More scenery work today. Yesterday I also tried to pick up around the layout, things had gotten out of control. But sure enough, I picked up my vixen file (for shaping plaster) and now I can't find the darn thing!!!

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/15/2019 :  10:24:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

62, headed for mid-seventies, cloudy and on-and-off showers here in the northern mitten. They're advertising clear this afternoon, but we'll have to wait and see.

Milepost 71 rolls by today, so I have a reefer full of ice cream and another with cakes over on the A/D track. No candles, please... no point in contributing to global warming right now and the cool weather today is delightful.

Lots of Admin awaiting attention, but I think I'm gonna take it slow on that front today and maybe see about getting some additional track laid in. Might as well do something for Me today... I get only one of these days a year.

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/15/2019 :  10:40:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Pete on milestone #71. Many more to come.

TomO

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/15/2019 :  10:42:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Tom!

Pete
in Michigan

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/15/2019 :  10:53:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PETE!

I just finished a bike ride. It's about 80į, but very humid. Every time I hit a stop sign or traffic light, my sunglasses fogged up.

I'm going to fire up the Cricut machine this afternoon and make some stencils for a friend. He wants to paint a sign on a feed mill he's building.

Have a good day.
George

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/15/2019 :  11:19:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pete:

Congratulations, youngster!

Gotcha by 30 days...

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/15/2019 :  11:26:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Guys!

Karl, I always thunk you wuz a Ol' Geezer! Now the truth comes out!

Dang kids and their rock and roll!

Pete
in Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/15/2019 :  11:51:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am on the deck in So. Wisconsin watching some jet fighters overhead. Yesterday I was in the trainroom when I heard the jets and then felt the house shimmy. Terry was in one of her gardens and I asked her if she saw them. She said nope, cloud cover was too low.

There are no clouds in the sky today and what a beautiful site to see those birds fly. They have passed over the house 3 times this past 30 minutes and boy are they loud. They are on you though before you see them. There is a Air unit at the Dane County airport that is on the list to replace their F-16ís with the F-35. The TV news said there are 2 stationed there this week for testing. So proud of our services men and women, makes one feel good to live in this country.

Tom

Michael
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 08/15/2019 :  2:04:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Birthday, Pete!

Many, many, many more, sir!

Michael

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/15/2019 :  3:35:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Birthday Pete, and a belated one to that other kid!

Jim

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/15/2019 :  5:00:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Gentlemen! It's been a Good Day so far!

I woke up, don't hurt anywhere new, had one set of Grandkids stop by from Gramma Camp with a chocolate cake and the ritual "Grandpa, can we run trains?" question, ran trains, found only one minor glitch (that I already suspected was there), have had good wishes piling in from all over, and have some "chill time" available on the deck, now that the grey overhead has changed to mostly clear.

Life is Good!

Pete
in Michigan

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Friday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: The Video, Pics, Joke and Misc. Thread  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.92 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000