Railroad Line Forums - Mid-Week Lounge is Open
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 96 ]  [ Total: 100 ]  [ Newest Member: Movidium ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Mid-Week Lounge is Open
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Thursday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Mystery handmade wooden needlenose plier  

Michael
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 08/14/2019 :  08:05:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning from the eastern end of Lake Ontario:

Sunny, breezy and a bit chilly this morning. Highs around here in the mid-20sC/mid-70sF later.

The breakfast menu today is pancakes and sausages with Lanark County Maple Syrup - number one here in the province of Ontario. We also have a lighter fare for the health-conscious folks. Coffee, tea and soft drinks, along with silverware, are at the side.

Just home from a fairly decent night shift, one more tonight, then off for four or so.

Our Jeep Cherokee requires some servicing, so I am waiting for the garage to open shortly. That's what is on my docket today.

What's on your agenda today?

Have a great day, whatever you're doing,

Michael

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/14/2019 :  08:13:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Michael and the rest of the crew. It is sunny and 63 degrees here in S.E. Michigan. We will reach the upper 70's later today.

A few errands to run this morning and then some yard work are on the agenda for today.

Have a great day!

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/14/2019 :  08:16:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see Michael is posting here in the Crew Lounge, and know what a great breakfast he puts out, so I'll shuffle my feet for a bit. Thanks for opening up this slightly overcast, but gonna be hot and humid day here in N.E. Indiana.

It'll still be too wet to fire up the orange goat as we had a light rain overnight. The shop is drying out with the dehumidifier running all day yesterday. I might hit it with Lysol a little later.

I now see Bruce just came in the door, so I'll say good morning to him as well, as the rest of the incoming crew.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 08/14/2019 :  08:28:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Michael, Bruce, Jim and the rest of the RR-L Crew. Nice morning again. Hope it stays this way and doesn't get real hot. 63 here too Bruce.

Oatmeal and tea yet again. Vrootman and Coffee later. We have the Marble Guy coming this morning to clean and put a protective coating on the shower walls, floor and the bathroom floor. Needs to be done every 5 years as travertine marble isn't as sealed as man-made tile is. Mary did it the last time but it's a lot of work so we hired the expert to do it.

Can't take any time off Tom. About 2 weeks behind on getting orders out. Got both 3D printers working hard but that's only part of the work.

Everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the Pleasant Train Yard.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/14/2019 :  09:44:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun has broken thru. Iíve returned from a shortened morning walk.

Younger brother called yesterday with some health issue news. Heís rather shaken and concerned.

The green goat ate well yesterday if somewhat dry and crisp in places.

I need to see about ear exam I canceled while gone.

Thanks for a good start on the day, Michael.

Good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/14/2019 :  10:09:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew, thanks Michael for another great beginning the day meal. It continues to be the rainy season here in So. Wisconsin especially between 11PM and 3 AM the last 4 days. The goats here are chomping at the bit but also it is way to wet.

The grandson had his last summer hockey session yesterday. He now wants grandpa to skate at open skate with him Thursday evenings and Sunday morning. That is how both my kids got better, at open skate but I didnít need to be with them. The g/s feels differently, he is also younger then they were. It has been a few months since I skated with him but probably. Farmer Market this morning.

Tom

trainchaser
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/14/2019 :  7:41:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit trainchaser's Homepage  Send trainchaser a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone from the far side of the Pacific, on the southern coast of South Korea. Today, August 15th, is Korean Independence Day / Victory over Japan Day to mark the end of WWII.

We're back in Busan after the 5 day festival we attended, just in time for another typhoon. At least we're on the left side of this storm and are mostly just dealing with the rain cycling through. We had a good time at the festival even with missing some main events due to scheduling mix ups, but probably won't revisit it if we're here again next year. There was a night and day difference between this year and last in the services and people involved. We've got a few more road trips planned over the next several weeks that the wife's sister is visiting. Then it will be time to wind this vacation down and pack up for the return to Florida.

Hope everyone has a fine week and can get a little quality hobby time in.

Previous Topic: Thursday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Mystery handmade wooden needlenose plier  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000