Railroad Line Forums - Tuesday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 116 ]  [ Total: 118 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigbandito ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Tuesday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: August 13th is National Left Handed day! Topic Next Topic: Dr. Ben for sale  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/13/2019 :  07:02:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew from rain drenched N.E. Indiana. 3.75" in about 3 hours last night. I was driving 25-30 mph home from a Division meeting, and it was probably too fast for conditions.

Got home and the shop had about .5" of rain runoff across the floor, at 1 am I got to bed.

Today looks like storm cleanup.

Have a Super day.

Jim

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/13/2019 :  07:51:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Overcast and a yellow cast to the light this morning, no rain here but the grass is long. Traffic was intense at times on the way home from our Northern home in the making. WE made it with no problem. Lots to do, mail to sort, supplies to buy and a Green goat to feed today.

We got a good start on things up northward and hope to see good progress when we return late next week or so.

No idea of what today will bring, the Doll is in a reticent mood since we returned. I will tinker with some of the photos I took and see if I can "break the code" with my photobucket account and maybe post some photos, or resize and go thru the mystical process to post direct here. Lots of accounting book work to do and balance 2 weeks of credit slips.

Everyone have a good day. Trying to feel the spirit of Dorothy's famous quote..."there's no place like home..."

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/13/2019 :  08:18:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chance of rain showers and thunderstorms in SE NH, seasonably warm and humid. Yesterday I got a piece of 1/4 hardboard and cut it into 4' x 18" strips for the backdrops, and I sealed the first 2 backdrop sections with (Golden) matte UV sealer. This helps protect the backdrops in case some water splashes on them. I need to dig out the tablesaw and make a couple precision rip cuts so the backdrops align correctly over the electrical closet door. But I wheel the saw outside to do this, and not when it's raining....

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/13/2019 :  08:57:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. We're going to see the 90's here in Tidewater Virginia. First off is a bike ride then shopping.

My son brought over a part from his jet ski that had a broken bolt. My drill bits are useless on the bolt, so I need to get a carbide tipped bit to get into the bolt so I can use an easyout.

Have a good day.
George

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/13/2019 :  09:16:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from very wet and lush green So. Wisconsin. More rain coming today. Thanks Jim for opening and sorry to read about your water issues. Karl agree with there is no place like home. I am glad the build has started for you and the Doll. Dave, it has been an enjoyable journey following your build. George, if you extend the bike ride you can skip the shopping, not something that bothers me but it does some.

Walt, when you get here! Take a couple days off. Your customers understand why you are getting out of the business. A couple more days for delivery shouldn’t be a problem for 98% of your clients. The 2% will just have to chill.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 08/13/2019 :  09:30:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the RR-L Crew. Overcast with threat of some rain plus a bit cooler.

Thanks Tom. Got some real good news yesterday afternoon. The Cardiolgist office called about my Ultra Sound results. My heart is still in good shape with no NEW issues. Everything is functioning as it should. Now Monday I'll find out yet more results on the Oncologist's blood draw.

Mary and I will stop by AAA Travel today, after dropping of today's shipping at the Post Office. We'll start the process of planning our Amtrak tour of the USA and see just how much it's going to cost.

Everyone have a FUN and SAFE day in the Overcast Train Yard.

Walt

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/13/2019 :  09:54:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is partly cloudy and 70 degrees here in S.E. Michigan.

The rain we expected last night and this morning slid just south of us. More possible rain later this week.

I will finalize the overall dimension of the storage closet that I'm building and then start construction today.

Have a great day!

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/13/2019 :  10:50:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom, I don't mind shopping, especially when I'm out looking for drill bits.

Great news, Walt. Now you can have many more annual retirement sales in the future.

George

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 08/13/2019 :  11:40:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
George, YES, should have gone out of business more often!

If RSSM doesn't sell I'm looking at moving most of the 3D detail pieces over to Shapeways. I'll experiment at first to see if it's worth it.

Walt

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/13/2019 :  12:04:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good lunch hour to everyone in Eastern Time; I did OK on this morning's inspection, but the prep left me a bit short on sleep. When I got home an NMRA member near me called about options for re-homing his 4x6 HO layout. I'll visit to take a look after my next round of travel. Nothing to add to deemery's weather. This afternoon I'll take the next step on Newburyport's inter-track platform and maybe a nap.

Previous Topic: August 13th is National Left Handed day! Topic Next Topic: Dr. Ben for sale  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000