Railroad Line Forums - Sunday Lounge is Open
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 120 ]  [ Total: 122 ]  [ Newest Member: longknifeldr ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Sunday Lounge is Open
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Toadsuck Cannery...Anyone?? Topic Next Topic: Saturday morning lounge  

Michael
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 08/11/2019 :  08:23:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning from the eastern end of Lake Ontario:

It's sunny here right now and nice cooler temperatures. That's a sure sign we are on the down side of summer. Can't complain though, it's been good here - in many ways.

The lounge is open this Sunday morning. Breakfast will be easy stuff as I am at work and we could get toned out for a call in any minute. The coffee is brewing. All the fixin's for breakfast are either in the fridge or cupboards. Please don't leave the stove on if you have to leave quickly.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

Michael

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/11/2019 :  09:02:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Michael and the incoming crew. I saw you unlatching the door and let you get the breakfast going. Thank you! Hope it's a quiet shift for you.

Back from early Mass, and I'm hearing an Air Tractor going through his paces, spraying crops while there is complete calm. The guy is a super pilot, and a good friend. Several years ago I blew a tire on a final approach, and was more than a tad shaken. He came out of his hangar, pulled the plane off the taxiway, we changed the tire, and he insisted that I do 5 touch and goes to "get me back on the horse". I remember that every time I hear that turbine whistling near by.

I got a little grass mowed yesterday, it hasn't rained but looked shaggy. The weeds have no problem without rain.

I worked on documentation collection and general paperwork until the wee hours this morning.

Today looks like R & R, and possibly more paper pushing.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Edited by - BurleyJim on 08/11/2019 09:06:37 AM

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/11/2019 :  09:30:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A perfect summer day in SE NH. Lows last night around 54, high today low 80s. Humidity is picking up a bit, but there's a nice breeze to keep things comfortable.

Today I should go down to the train room and work on the rock castings in mill valley.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/11/2019 :  09:33:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny, not a cloud, passing thru 70 headed to 77 on the N Shore of Lake Michigan.

1000 footers and Smokey Bear yesterday. We drove up to the SOO locks and watched several lake freighters pass thru during the afternoon. They are monster machines. On the way to and from we passed thru parts of the Hiawatha Natl forest. The Forest service was doing “ prescribed burn” and had a big inferno going. It’s done to clear out underbrush and improve habitat for wildlife. They create enough smoke and ash that renders any PC arguments null and void regarding air quality. Before heading back to camp we had a drive in meal, buffalo burgers and a malt. Diet breakers for sure.

We’re having brekkies and then headed for some supplies and a change of view in Escanaba.

Take care all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 08/11/2019 09:34:24 AM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/11/2019 :  09:35:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Michael, Jim and the rest of the crew. Sunny, cool, and heading up near 80 later today. Beautiful weather.

I'm also going to spend time today getting caught up with various computer/paperwork type items. Every once in a while you need a day for that.

Have a great day!

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/11/2019 :  10:10:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew and thanks Michael for organizing this opening. It is a very wet So. Wisconsin today as it poured after midnight last night. We need the rain but what we got was too much at once.

My brother is heading out between the rain this morning, he will be golfing in Nova Soctia, Canada, at Cabot Cliffs and he says he was very excited about the opportunity to play there. My sister leaves on Monday. I am still taking care of the daughter’s family’s doggie. They return later today. Our son is coming in tomorrow afternoon as he is on a road trip to Chicago on Wednesday. Terry and I will begin our travels mid-September as it begins to cool down. Normally we hit Austin, Texas 1st and travel on the way back. This time we will hit Nashville 1st and working our way to Austin over a 14 day period or so.

Enjoy your day
Tom

Edited by - tloc on 08/11/2019 10:29:31 AM

hairball
New Hire

Posted - 08/11/2019 :  10:21:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew. Feels like its going to be a very humid day here in Southern Ontario. Less than 2 miles from lake Ontario which seems to increase the humidity with onshore breezes.

Must have slept wrong, lower back feels like somebody stabbing it with hot knife, so all activity reduced to zero for next while.
Poking around on ebay this morning to see whats new in On30 and On3 offerings. Plus parts for my 1935 chevrolet roadster.

mike

Previous Topic: Toadsuck Cannery...Anyone?? Topic Next Topic: Saturday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000