Railroad Line Forums - Saturday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 80 ]  [ Total: 86 ]  [ Newest Member: Movidium ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Saturday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Sunday Lounge is Open Topic Next Topic: Friday Morning Lounge is Open  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/10/2019 :  08:40:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, readers, and guests from a cool PC N.E. Indiana. The coffee urn is READY with Caboose Stove blend this morning. The breakfast special is #7 Blueberry Pancakes and Sausage patties. Oatmeal is up on the serving line too, Alternative beverages at the end of the line. Don't toss your silverware into the garbage, or we'll back to plastic sporks.

Fun day yesterday at the 1:1 train yard, getting ready for next weekends Open House. We've got the Lehigh Valley 126 coming to the event.
https://fortwaynerailroad.org/news/

So we're expecting a good crowd.

I finished off my bridge project last night, and shoveled the benchtop back to visibility.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/10/2019 :  09:14:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. We have another great summer day here in S.E. Michigan. It got down to 55 degrees last night and we will top out in the upper 70's today.

Some lawn mowing and a trip to Kroger are on the agenda today. We will see what else fills in the slack time.

Have a great day!

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/10/2019 :  09:21:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

As Bruce mentioned, it's a glorious summer day in the mitten, at least in my part of it, which is several hours north of his part. Excellent sleeping weather, headed for Nice Summer Day, and a good day to Shirk Responsibility. As if....

Need to take my younger son to the airport today, which is somewhat of a "downer," but it's been a great visit and he's helped out with a number of chores around the house. Loosely translated, that means he decided that I have "too much stuff" and helped me get rid of a lot and organize what was left. Place looks better now, too....

May be able to get at some of the "issues" his kids found on the railroad, or I may simply kick back and watch the happy little summer clouds drift by. Decisions, decisions!

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/10/2019 :  09:44:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from still weather beautiful So. Wisconsin. Like Pete there are plenty of wispy little clouds just floating to make my day wonderful. The sister arrived yesterday afternoon and the brother last night. When he asked what we will do today I told him 2 Farmer Markets and an art show, he said heíll do the art sho but not the FM. Heís the spoiled little brother. He asked where our g/kids are and I told him Door County he said he may run up there to see everyone. Like I said spoiled!
Thanks Jim for the opening meal of the day, oatmeal sounds great today. The A/C has not kicked in the last few days and the house windows are open, fresh real air, such a great idea.

I am at the daughters on her sun drenched deck under the shade sails. The dogs are romping in the yard as today I also have one of their neighbor dogs. They play just like the little kids they used to be. Brewer is 12 and Brantley is 9 but they play and rest play and rest. The horses are out of the stables and there are 6 looking over the fence at the dogs, looks like they want in.

Enjoy your day
Tom

Michael
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 08/10/2019 :  09:47:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning from the eastern end of Lake Ontario:

MMMMM, pancakes and sausages sound great this morning, Jim. Thanks for opening.

Weather here is interesting, on one side of the house it's overcast to the east and clear skies to the west. Temperatures in the low 20sC - mid 70sF later. A bit of wind from the northwest today as well.

Last day off before another set of two days, two nights. A few lingering chores about the house are on tap. Perhaps using the BBQ for dinner is in the plan - depends on who is here for supper.

Have a great day everyone. Enjoy the nice weather, whatever you are doing.

Michael

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/10/2019 :  10:29:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and zip, zero, nada on clouds or breeze the half acre Stars and Stripes at the BP station is as limp as one of my puns. Charging phones at Bíking. Hours yet N of Pete, a good dayís drive NNW of Bruce. 55 going to 80 today

The excavator crew is working to noon today clearing off the cleared trees.

Iíve seen a couple CN trains this week on the old SOO thru Manistique. Mid afternoon eastbound, Precision Scheduled Railroading or just coincidental. Long trains one had two units, one lead and one about 2/3 of the train length. The other had 2 on the lead.

Have cell phone charged time to head back to the Cedar Swamp.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Previous Topic: Sunday Lounge is Open Topic Next Topic: Friday Morning Lounge is Open  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.32 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000