Railroad Line Forums - Friday Morning Lounge is Open
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 75 ]  [ Total: 81 ]  [ Newest Member: Movidium ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Friday Morning Lounge is Open
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Saturday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Thursday morning lounge  

Michael
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 08/09/2019 :  07:39:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning from the eastern end of Lake Ontario:

Breakfast is ready. Silverware and plates are at the head of the line. Starting off, we have eggs, choice of breakfast meat, hash browns, along with toast. A bit further down the table, hot and cold cereals, fruits, and yogurt. Several types of coffee, tea, juices and milk are beside the cups and glasses at the end of the line. Enjoy folks.

Sunny and cooler this morning in our area, 16C/61F. This is a link to a web cam of our city hall so you can see what the weather is like here: https://www.cityofkingston.ca/explore/webcams/springer-market-square

Outdoor chores on the agenda for me. What's on your to-do list today?

Michael

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 08/09/2019 :  07:49:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Michael and the rest of the RR-L Crew this fine Friday morning.

After a bit to eat Mary and I will head over to Kroger to get some groceries as we have company coming for the weekend. Shortly after that I need to get down to the Cardiac Hospital for an ultra sound on my heart to make sure all the 10 stents and arteries are functioning as they should. I Have had a few issues lately but nothing serious so I don't expect anything new. At least I hope not.

Still trying to get orders out as fast as we can. It's sort of been like shoveling sand against the tied these past few weeks. As fast as they go out the door new orders seem to be coming in. Should have said I was going out of business each year. Well there is one manufacture of kits that seemed to have used that approach.

Everyone have a FUN and SAFE day in the sunny and warm Train yard.

Edited by - Rusty Stumps on 08/09/2019 09:20:30 AM

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/09/2019 :  07:57:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like Michael forgot to check 'online users' before opening this morning. We'll go with his breakfast.

Good morning all from N.E.Indiana where it is 58 and PC. The coffee urn is READY with Ashpit blend. The special is pancakes and sausage links. Non-standard beverages all available. Napkins are back in stock.

I've been resurrecting an inkjet printer for the past few days. Generally printers are so cheap they are expected to be disposable. This printer is a wide format, roll feed unit that can print 30' long 17" panels. Great for backdrops, but it sat idle for over a year. The ink dried up, and I found out that Windex with ammonia will eventually (it took a week) to loosen and flush out the printer. So it's ALIVE!

I did print a decal .5" X .5" last night.

Heading over to the 1:1 train yard.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/09/2019 :  08:26:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Michael and the rest of the crew. It is sunny and was 56 degrees here at sunrise. We will be heading into the upper 70's later today.

We are off to follow our son to drop off his truck for some service we will then spend the morning with him and his family before we take him back to pick up the truck.

Have a great day!

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/09/2019 :  08:44:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Michael and crew. Tidewater Virginia's temperatures are headed into the 90's, so I'm going for a bike ride soon.

We're going to Lake Anna this weekend, so I need to make a beer run this afternoon.

Have a good day.
George

trainchaser
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/09/2019 :  08:55:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit trainchaser's Homepage  Send trainchaser a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Evening everyone from the other side of the big pond on the southern coast of Korea. We've arrived at the festival location that we are attending for the next 5 days and found out it has been relocated to the opposite side of the bay from where it was held at last year. We made hotel reservations based off on last year's stay so we'll be having to commute instead of being within walking distance, bummer. We went to the festival site and it does appear to be about double the size it was last year. It is a festival celebrating the Great Battle of Hansan that occurred back in 1592, where the fledgling Korean Navy won decisively against an overwhelming Japanese fleet of nearly 200 ships with 12 small ironclad ships called Turtle Ships. Looking forward to watching the reenactment battle with 100 ships participating this weekend.

Hope everyone has a fine weekend!

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/09/2019 :  10:08:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and cool on the N shore of Lake Michigan. I took a mile walk in bright sun looking at a near sheet of glass shiny surface on the lake. I saw tracks from a large turtle, deer and various wildlife. A family of Canada Geese slowly paddled past silently as I sat 10 feet away.

Since the felling of the trees Tuesday the air is silent with the time moving slowly along. Around noon the excavator showed up, moved some brush and logs and pulled some stumps. Lots more to do but it was a start. We met with Bob the Builder, he gave us some paperwork we filled out and took to the courthouse and applied for a building permit, then to Register of Deeds and filed our new survey $$$.

The Doll has made numerous phone calls to neighboring property owners and has the ball rolling well on starting an electrification project with the regional power cooperative. Thatís the most positive thing this week.

I hope everyone is having a great day. Weíre out for breakfast and then? Lots to explore.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 08/09/2019 3:45:07 PM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/09/2019 :  10:10:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the very sunny deck of my daughterís house. I almost forgot this morning that I am watching Brewer their dog. He is checking out the yard as I just deployed the shade sails. Besides watching the dog I am watching a bird build a nest, so exciting.

Thanks Micheal for the great morning opening, I will feed in a bit . It is supposed to be cooler today high 70ís but this sun is strong and So. Wisconsin has not a cloud in the sky. My sister is traveling here for a weekend visit and should get here if she left at 8AM around 11. My brother makes his own schedules and now will be here tonight instead of Sunday. It doesnít matter he and anyone else are always welcome. I started yesterday covering the bottom of the layout with a fabric to hide the underneath. It seems every time I take a picture some portion of the underneath is seen. I did a good 9í feet yesterday and will await my sister decision to see if she agrees with Terry that it is fine. I am not sure, Iím thinking itís not what I was hoping for. Enjoy your day, I have a dog wanting to play.

Tom

Previous Topic: Saturday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Thursday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000