Railroad Line Forums - Thursday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 123 ]  [ Total: 127 ]  [ Newest Member: longknifeldr ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Thursday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Friday Morning Lounge is Open Topic Next Topic: Anonymous Members  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  09:08:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all, from overcast and muggy(buggy) N.E. Indiana. The coffee urn is [red]READY]/red] with Railbender blend. The special is breakfast burritos. All beverages are ready too.

Well, I thought somebody would have found their keys by now. I've been painting rails for my bridge project this morning. It's slowly coming together. I had to sand down the snagglely painted mess from the too humid paint job a couple of days ago.

Interesting trip to the printer shop yesterday. Some very slick innovations. the owner and head designer said "the design will be ripped off within weeks of the introduction on the market".
He has to think about ways to make copycating as difficult as he can. Hard way to keep in business. Anyway we had a great lunch, until I had to call out the waitress for jacking up the tab. $50 for 2 fish sandwiches?

Have a Super day!

Jim

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  09:13:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
$50 for a lunch in NYC sounds about right, in Indiana, I think not. Thanks for opening Jim, I saw you working the front door earlier so I went over to Geezers Lounge. A nice day predicted in So. Wisconsin as the humidity has moved east. We should be fine for the next few days.

Have a great day
TomO

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  10:12:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, Good morning Jim, Tom and the rest of the RR-L Crew. Fine day out so far. Mild and sunny with T-Storms due about 4 PM but we need the rain.

Got another stack of packages to haul to the post office today. Also need to go by Menard's and place an order on some flooring we need. We have quite a bit of the house done in it and they are discontinuing it. So we're having to have it shipped in from out of state. Want the floors to match. This is for the Family room last room we wanted the solid wood in. It put down 37 boxes of the stuff in the Kitchen, Dining room and two hall ways. But, I can't get down on my knees like that for long periods. So, we'll have to get someone in to do the install this time.

Must have been expensive fish Jim. Long John Silvers stopped the Baked Haddock which I loved. No one does baked fish any more. All deep fried. Nope.

everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the sunny Train Yard.

Walt

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  10:47:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and 60s headed to 70s. We sat out a real gully washer in a couple of waves yesterday. So fun in a plywood box#9889;#65039;#128165;#9889;#65039;#9748;#65039;

Out early this am for a trip to Burglar King for breakfast and to charge phones this morning. We had to sit a bit in traffic for the blacktop crews working between us and Manistique for a few minutes. Took the alternative route back and missed it. We went out between rains at twilight and the fresh blacktop was hard to see the line delineator (edumacated talk for lines) on the new stuff. They’re doing shoulders and edge stuff today so should be done soon. New pavement along US-2 right up to where we turn down the county road to our property.

That’s it from here in da Yoop.

Later.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  10:55:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is overcast and 69 degrees here in Holly, MI.

We are off to Fenton for Bird Seed and some hardware items. This afternoon we will try to get 5000 miles of dead bugs off the front of the truck.

Work on a new clinic for the NER Convention in Syracuse, NY this evening.

Have a great day!

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  11:13:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. It's going to get in the 90's this afternoon, so I just finished a bike ride.

Pat and I have some trip planning to do this afternoon. This next trip seems especially difficult to plan.

Have a good day.
George

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  2:35:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty Stumps

Well, Good morning Jim, Tom and the rest of the RR-L Crew. Fine day out so far. Mild and sunny with T-Storms due about 4 PM but we need the rain.

Must have been expensive fish Jim. Long John Silvers stopped the Baked Haddock which I loved. No one does baked fish any more. All deep fried. Nope.

everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the sunny Train Yard.

Restaurant owner thinks he's serving 'Goldfish'.

Jim

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  7:22:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good evening, all. The NH seacoast is cooling off after a medium-hot, medium-damp day. No mowing, as we had 2.5" from the series of thunderstorms.

Tonight I'll finish the passenger platforms at Newburyport, then no modeling till Monday. But maybe some railfan stops along the old B&M Fitchburg Division.

Previous Topic: Friday Morning Lounge is Open Topic Next Topic: Anonymous Members  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000