Railroad Line Forums - Korean Railway (KORAIL) Equipment
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 119 ]  [ Total: 121 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigbandito ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mid Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Korean Railway (KORAIL) Equipment
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Port of Los Angeles Layout Topic Next Topic: Eastern Shore RR in HO  

trainchaser
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  07:04:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit trainchaser's Homepage  Send trainchaser a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I recently discovered a manufacturer of Korean Railway equipment while on vacation here in South Korea. They manufacturer a model of an EMD export diesel locomotive that KORAIL has been using since back in the late 1970s, when I was stationed here, and are still in service today. It is a model of the GT26CW-2 and comes in several different paint schemes. I chose the version that I have ridden behind many times over the years along with a Power Generator Car that provides HEP to passenger cars they haul around. These locomotives are used for both passenger and freight throughout the Korail system. I'm really looking forward to getting these back to Florida so I can run them on my club's layout.

Download Attachment: GT26CW2andPwrGenCar2.JPG
193.24 KB

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  10:46:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking the GT26CW-2 up, it seems they might be the first brass models made for prototypes used by a number of countries.

trainchaser
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  6:36:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit trainchaser's Homepage  Send trainchaser a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I believe you are correct. In talking to the owner of the company, they have been selling most of their models outside of Korea. I was not aware these models have existed since late 2015/early 2016, until this year when I stumbled on them while searching for the very few hobby shops that carry model trains here in Korea. So far I have only found 1 shop in the Yongsan area of Seoul that sells trains, but was told of another. When we visited the KORAIL museum, we saw this model on display and inquired as to its origin with one of the staff and he was able to give us the information needed to contact the company as well as the hobby shop. Since there really isn't many Koreans that are model train enthusiasts, information is nearly nonexistent and very hard to find.

trainchaser
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/09/2019 :  08:26:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit trainchaser's Homepage  Send trainchaser a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here are a few more pictures of the engine.

trainchaser
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/09/2019 :  08:31:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit trainchaser's Homepage  Send trainchaser a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
And, a few of the power car. It is a model of a 200kw HEP Power Generator Car designed and built in Korea.

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/09/2019 :  7:59:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Neat!

Previous Topic: Port of Los Angeles Layout Topic Next Topic: Eastern Shore RR in HO  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000