Railroad Line Forums - Tuesday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 117 ]  [ Total: 118 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigbandito ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Tuesday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Wednesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Monday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2019 :  07:52:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, readers, and lurkers. Stop lurking and say "Hello" as you peep in. The coffee urn is READY with Boilermaker Blend. Bacon, egg, and cheese on an English muffin are up on the serving line. Tea, Deadrail, and pop are hot or cold.

I did try a little painting yesterday, but it was too humid to finish up what i started. So I spent more time pulling apart the airbrush and cleaning it, than getting much painting done.

I was just coming in from the shop, and heard a loud 'boom'. About 30 seconds later, I heard brakes squealing out on the highway. A Van and a pickup truck crashed coming through the curve. A semi-trailer swung off the road to avoid the crash, and ended up in my woods. A medivac chopper landed at the end of my driveway to transport the victims. 4 hours later the highway was reopened, and people were driving 15-20 mph over the posted speed limit, again. Dumb!

Looks like rain this afternoon, so I better get the Orange goat out of the barn, and put it to work.

Have a Super day!

Jim

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2019 :  08:27:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim, that kind of excitement you can do without!

Very pleasant in SE NH, humidity and temps will creep up a bit but not like what we had a couple weeks ago.

I worked the air-dry clay and rock castings under the mill foundations yesterday. Today I'll see how it all looks (not sure how much the clay will shrink as it dries) and probably do touch-up. Then tomorrow I can paint the clay to match the rocks.

Some of us can sympathize with today's "Lio" comic:
https://www.gocomics.com/lio/2019/08/06

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Edited by - deemery on 08/06/2019 08:34:04 AM

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/06/2019 :  08:29:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bright sun. Serene gentle waves on the lake and the roar of Husqvarnas as the transformation of our woods has begun.

The Doll has a pot of fresh perc hot and hearty. We’ll join in with Jim’s feed.

I hope everyone survives the crash ok Jim.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2019 :  08:47:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim, you win the prize for excitement, but definitely of the wrong kind! Hope they're all OK....

Watch out for shrapnel; the orange goats don't like eating that stuff....

It's cloudy, high sixties and headed toward 80 here in the northern mitten today. Grandkids are being grandkids, the railroad is finding all sorts of interesting ways to intervene, and Grandpa can do with a nap.... Gonna be a long day! But they're all having fun, so that's good.

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 08/06/2019 :  09:27:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Dave, Karl, Pete and the rest of the RR-L Crew this fine sunny morning.
Be in the low 80's later today. Did get a bit of rain yesterday which was welcome.

Mary had her Cortisone shot and all went well. They didn't put her out just used a local numbing shot. She said that was the worst of it. Hour later we were on the way home. Pain in the hip is gone.

We're still real busy as orders keep coming in. Wish they had been this good all along. Still happy with the way things have gone, just time to hang it up.

Not much else going on except work. everyone have a FUN and Safe day in the Warm and Sunny Train Yard.

Walt

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2019 :  09:37:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is overcast and 70 degrees here in S.E. Michigan. We will top out near 77 with showers likely.

Jim, my driving on the curvy roads of north Jersey have made me cautious of entering a curve. I hug the right side, knowing that there is a 50-50 chance that the next car coming the other way will be a foot over the center line in my lane.

Depending on the weather, I might head to the lumber yard to pick up the framing for the storage closet I will be building.

Have a great day!

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2019 :  09:39:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning all, my bit of NH is sharing Dave's weather. Yesterday I made my first try at a printed paper interior for an illuminated background building. It needs some refinement, but the bang-for-the-buck looks good.

Today promises some more layout time and maybe pictures of Maxwell Square Package if I can successfully refine it.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2019 :  09:41:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will try again and not hit next page instead of moving up! Thanks Jim for getting us going. Accidents are nasty and when Copter shows up, its never a good thing. It is true, no matter the color of your goat, they do not like metal or plastic parts.

Weather here is going to be less humid then yesterday as the heavy duty T-storms moved through between 10 and midnight. We needed the rain but not so much as once. Same thing today, T-storms after 10 tonight is predicted.

Movie day today, no idea what time though. The 3rd day of back to walking every morning 2miles commences in around 30 minutes. The woods will be dripping from the rain last night but that will be fine. The wife is determined we each will be losing weight, I do need she definitely doesn’t. She said compared to some of her classmates Saturday night she is heavy! I told her maybe 6 or 7 but the other 25 or so we’re much heavier. I lost that discussion!

Enjoy your day
TomO

Previous Topic: Wednesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Monday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000