Railroad Line Forums - Monday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 107 ]  [ Total: 111 ]  [ Newest Member: Dizzy ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Monday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Tuesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Sunday Morning Lounge is Open  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2019 :  07:43:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, readers et al. The coffee urn is ready with MOW blend today. The special is #1.
Deadrail, tea, and pop is ready too.

The girder bridge is out of the paint shop and waiting for the track work to be done, later today. I'm sure at least 10 other distractions will get in the way.

Karl should be shoveling snow by now.

That's it from here.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Michael
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2019 :  08:39:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning from the eastern end of Lake Ontario:

Jim, thanks for opening the lounge. The Special #1 sounds good this morning.

Sunny with temperatures around 80F with low humidity - not a "dry heat" like the desert, but tolerable. No snow shovelling here!

It's the Civic Holiday here in Ontario. As mentioned yesterday, the name of holiday varies from province to province.

Work for me, later, on a night shift. Hopefully not too too crazy. My two older kids, left for their McDonald's shifts before 0600 this morning. Thank goodness my son, Dustin, can drive. He and his sister, Jaime, took the Durango. Dad slept in! Mom arrived home shortly thereafter from her paramedic night shift. She is finished her block of shifts.

Today is a catch up day for paperwork and household chores. Not much else. Although the train room keeps calling out for some attention. Maybe later this week as we are expecting rain.

Have a great day everyone,

Michael

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/05/2019 :  08:40:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
71 and sunny at 0830 thank you! Some rain in the forecast but not here yet. Quiet and pleasant on the big pond.

No big news here. TomO sounds like the “kids” had a good time! Was not a social butterfly in HS days and the 2 reunions I went to 5 and I think 15 were dull after the first 10 minutes that reminded me why I left for college in the fall of 66 and never came back. Glad you and Terry had a good time. Been to a couple with the Doll, unlike me she was a queen bee and had great times.

Be checkin’ out the woods today. Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2019 :  08:46:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from So. Wisconsin, I have returned from a grueling out of shape 2 mile walk in the woods. It is already humid and this will not be a good weather day. T-storms moving in later.

Thanks Jim for opening and Special #1. We drove the backroads back from the reunion yesterday. I always wondered about finding the 10-20 McMansions out in the middle of no where. No lake, no businesses no golf course and clustered together. Saw 2 of those yesterday and they were at least 30 miles from anywhere. We went through Lake Geneva, Wi., yesterday and either I have gotten real old or have forgotten the tourist trap it always was. It used to be the hide a way for the Chicago elite, now it is the Wisconsin Dells without the waterparks. Terry says old!

Enjoy your day
TomO

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2019 :  08:58:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A nice cool morning in SE NH, local weather station reported a low of 48. Best night's sleep I've had in quite a while! My air-dry clay came yesterday, so I'll work on using it to seat and fill around the castings under the mill foundations.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2019 :  09:27:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from sunny S.E. Michigan. This will be the warmest day this week, with high temps in the mid-80's.

Since some showers are likely over night, I will fire up the Kubota and mow the lawn today. Then I will make up my list of wood needed to build a storage cabinet in the unfinished portion of the basement.

Have a great day!

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2019 :  10:26:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from hot and humid LA (Lower Alabama). We're here visiting old friends, I should say, long time friends. We're going to visit the Army Aviation Museum today for a trip down memory lane.

Have a good day.
George

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2019 :  10:28:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bruce how's the new RR doing in the basement???

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/05/2019 :  12:31:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excavator and “environmental consultant” were out this morning. More pink ribbon and orange dayglo paint on trees. Some work starts this week. Bright sun and pleasant mid 70s today. Some media forecast for rain. The look out the window says not for awhile yet.

Great day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

trainchaser
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/05/2019 :  8:16:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit trainchaser's Homepage  Send trainchaser a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hello from the other side of the date line. We're preparing to "welcome" a typhoon later today here in Busan, South Korea. It is looking more like just another big rain event than a major storm. Daughter-in-law and grand kids are due to fly back to Okinawa tomorrow morning so hoping this storm will just hurry on through. The wife and I are heading north early in the morning to retrieve her sister flying in from the states at the Incheon airport later in the afternoon. Have to make another stop by the brass manufacturer on the way to the airport to pick up my new power generator car to go with my Korail GT26CW-2 I got from them last month. Then the 3 of us are off to a large 5 day long festival.

Hope everyone has a fine day!

Previous Topic: Tuesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Sunday Morning Lounge is Open  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000