Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 26
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 102 ]  [ Total: 105 ]  [ Newest Member: longknifeldr ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 26
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The Blue Ridge Stemwinder in On30 Topic Next Topic: An Old Man Contemplates an Old Mans Layout
Page: of 6

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2019 :  03:41:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and Cherry Diet Pepsi are ready to go.

Mostly cloudy and mid 80's here today.

Hope everyone is well and enjoyed their weekend.

Have a great day everyone.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2019 :  08:34:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the deck at home. We had a great weekend and took the long slow way home from Racine and a new route for us.
The backroads of Wisconsin are like other states when you get off the Interstate. You never know what is around the bend. In the middle
of no where with no lake and the subdivision has 10-20 monster McMansions, you have to wonder, why out here and where do they work?
Lot of closed up homesteads too. Thanks Rick for getting the day moving. It will be hot, humid and stormy today. Enjoy yours.

Edit. I know I wrote yesterday but itís not here. The reunion was fine. The MiLís guy showed up with his young maybe 35 year old third wife. Terry just chuckled.

TomO

Edited by - tloc on 08/05/2019 08:37:23 AM

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2019 :  09:37:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for the coffee.

It's overcast but not much of a chance for rain. Fortunately, a cold front has brought the temperature down, so the high today is only 94F.

Hope to hit the bench today.

Have fun,
Mike

Okie logging camp diner (http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236) and Okie logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2019 :  03:39:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Cloudy this morning and scattered t-storms in the afternoon.

Tom, obviously your wife made the right choice.

Mike, bench time?

Today would normally be my Friday but I have to take the annual rules test today and FRA safety training tomorrow.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2019 :  09:39:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

It's a bright morning with the promise of 98F this afternoon.

Rick, working on installing three kerosene lanterns with wiring in the dining room car. Pictures didn't come out well, so need to get the big camera out.

Busy day working at lodge all day.

Have fun,
Mike

Okie logging camp diner (http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236) and Okie logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2019 :  10:16:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning. Today is movie day but not sure what time we head out. The weather is ok as we had a heck of a T-storm last night clearing out the humidity. We probably got in an hour what we received totally in July. More of the same tonight is predicted. I have to look at the lawn as it did not need to be cut last week and the SIL had given the cutting crews the week off anyway.

Today is expected a delivery of white fencing as 2 of the fields are getting divided up into corrals. Both the SIL and daughter are looking for FT employment. After 2 full years of retirement from great full time jobs they figured out based on their spending habits they donít have enough money. 2 wasting MBAís. They now realize selling the stables last December was not a good thing as it kept them busy and it was growing. The SIL is fine running the property but the daughter is bored. She cannot do child care as she has 3 years left on a non-compete agreement and consulting was not enough, or she was charging too much IMO. She is at loose ends but the looking will be good for her. I have a solution for her and her brother but we already tried and the kids donít want our property management company Terry and I started as a side business in 1992.

Enjoy your day
Tom

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2019 :  10:52:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Why are they giving you the test they know your going to pass with flying colors anyway!!!

Looking forward to the pictures Mike.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/74. Humidity 94%!!

Not sure what were doing today.
The grandson is still with us. He's been building models.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2019 :  7:37:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening. We have returned from another movie that you wonít need to spend money on. We
saw The Farewell that is billed as a delightful comedy of a true event based on a lie. Anyway, if
you speak Chinese you maybe able to find the humor. If you don't speak Chinese, the subtitles
donít seem to convey funniness, but even the actors if they had a funny line didnít laugh. No where
in any trailer we saw or the synopsis of the movie did it tell us it was subtitled. All trailers spoken words
were in English. The movie by the way was sold out!

Tom

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/07/2019 :  10:11:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

I believe Rick is taking his test this am!!

Coffee, water for tea, Diet Cherry Pepsi.
Eggs anyway you want them with bacon, sausage & home fries. Toast with butter and jelly.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/80. T-storms later!!

We took the grandson to the Cape May Zoo in south jersey yesterday!!

Not sure what were doing today though.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/07/2019 :  3:26:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon everyone.

Yes, I had my second day of rules today.
Yesterday was the harder day and passed the test.
Today was the easy day, so now I'm good for another year.
Next year is the tough test when I have to be re-certified, but I'll worry about that next year.

Had a T-Storm roll through a little while ago and notice that one of my drains from my down spouts is clogged and need to go deal with it.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/07/2019 :  5:09:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Knew you'd pass it. How could they run the lines without you there!!

I'll have a cold ones while you tackle the downspout!!

Jerry

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/07/2019 :  5:41:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Howdy folks,

Congratulations Rick!

The dog days of summer have arrived in Texas. IT was 101F when I drove home from lodge. Looks like the rest of the week is going to be higher. Time to stay in a bit more.

Have fun,
Mike

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/07/2019 :  5:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jerry and Mike.

Drain cleaning was a bust.
Too many roots from my tree.
I'll have to rent a router from Home Depot.

Rained like heck the last hour.

I'll a beer or three too.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  07:11:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

After a whole lot of rain yesterday the sun will come out today and temps will be in the mid 80's.

Dentist first thing this morning and then grocery shopping and meal prep.
Should do a bike ride since I haven't done one yet this week.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  08:44:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from So. Wisconsin. The humidity has moved east and it seems very pleasant and should be nice for the next few days. Thanks Rick for getting us going. While we missed the storm that swept through Wisconsin the daughter and family headed north to the in-laws place in Door County and traveled through it and arrived to no electricity last night. The news is reporting around 14,000 homes are without power. Thatís no fun, but thankfully it is cooler.

Not sure yet about todayís activities. Enjoy your day
TomO

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: The Blue Ridge Stemwinder in On30 Topic Next Topic: An Old Man Contemplates an Old Mans Layout  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.89 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000