Railroad Line Forums - Bob Ross
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 133 ]  [ Total: 136 ]  [ Newest Member: unclebug ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Bob Ross
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Tuesday Lounge  

RichBeau
Fireman

Posted - 07/12/2019 :  08:11:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm making a 'educated' guess here that many of us learned to paint landscapes (aka backdrops) from Mr. Ross. It's a wonderful video about 10 minutes long.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/players/offsite/index.html?videoId=100000005865824
(I know this is behind a paywall but you can usually see 10 or so items per month.)

Enjoy!
--Rich

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 07/12/2019 :  11:18:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Definitely one of my favorite shows. Bob Ross rules.

Railrunner130
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 07/12/2019 :  4:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Railrunner130's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's interesting that his videos, etc. disappeared for a long time. Now, kids know who he is and that there are actually memes with him in them.

mark_dalrymple
Fireman

Posted - 07/12/2019 :  8:07:08 PM  Show Profile  Send mark_dalrymple an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just watched this and then my first episode.

Thanks for the link!

Cheers, Mark.

tct855
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 07/15/2019 :  06:33:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit tct855's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rich,
Thanks for the link. Yes, I remember following Bob Ross as well and was sad when he passed and wonder what happened to all those paintings.

I think the paintings being on permanent loan to the Smithsonian for all to see is a good thing.

Perhaps their channel might start showing the finished paintings side by side to see the comparison of all 3 for each show.

Have a good day! Thanx Thom...

darrylhuffman
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/15/2019 :  10:54:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit darrylhuffman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob Ross videos run on Youtube all the time.

If you like his style of painting, you should also search for Bill Alexander who taught Bob Ross this style of painting.

If you want something more realistic and less garish, search for Jerry Yarnell who is a much better painter, in my opinion.

And if you want your socks knocked off by supreme realism in landscape painting, search for Michael James Smith.

Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@yahoo.com

You can follow my blog here:

http://ghosttownmodels.blogspot.com/

darrylhuffman
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/15/2019 :  10:58:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit darrylhuffman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A Michael James Smith painting.

Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@yahoo.com

You can follow my blog here:

http://ghosttownmodels.blogspot.com/

Mario Rapinett
Fireman

Posted - 07/16/2019 :  01:04:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

timbob60
New Hire

Posted - 07/16/2019 :  5:50:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If anyone has Roku for tv, they have a Bob Ross channel where all of his shows are available. And it's free!

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 07/16/2019 :  6:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
michael james smith could paint my backdrop any old day.

the only mystery in life is...why did the kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Topic Next Topic: Tuesday Lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000