Railroad Line Forums - The Coos Bay and Willamette Valley Part two
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 238 ]  [ Total: 242 ]  [ Newest Member: mike mientus ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 The Coos Bay and Willamette Valley Part two
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: New source for 3D printed arch-bar trucks Topic Next Topic: Ken Kidder Porter 2-6-0
Page: of 34

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 03/01/2021 :  05:27:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob,

Looks fantastic. Perfect choice on the roofing; it looks more northwestern.

Mike

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/01/2021 :  08:50:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a nice little station, Bob. I agree with your assessment of Bar Mills Kits.

Bruce

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/01/2021 :  09:55:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your station is looking good, Bob.

George

Fly Army

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  6:09:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you guys. Here's are the finals;

Bob

It's only make-believe

OK Hogger
Fireman

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  6:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That looks really super! 'Ya done good.

Andre

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  7:40:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wonderful model, Bob. Where are going to put it?

Edited by - Michael Hohn on 03/03/2021 7:42:14 PM

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  7:47:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you guys
Mike it's going next to the water tower/section house on the high line. It well serve as a flag stop. I'll take a picture later.

Bob

It's only make-believe

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 03/04/2021 :  11:19:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A quick note. I wasn't sure if it was you that did the 3D printing of a steam engine or not. I see you do have that compound curve for the steam and sand domes.

Bernd

New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 03/04/2021 :  3:37:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bernd, Fusion made it easy. When I drew the domes I made sure their base fully extended into the boiler and then extruded a circle (the size of the boiler) through the base.

Mike, Here's a picture;

The station and a small residence building will go where the two story building is in the picture. This scene is out of normal reach so it will be the first area with full scenery since it has to be done before the foreground goes in.

Bob

It's only make-believe

OK Hogger
Fireman

Posted - 03/04/2021 :  3:53:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob:

The existing scene looks pretty good to my eyes. However, I am looking forward to seeing a pic of once your recently completed depot is set in place.

Andre

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 03/04/2021 :  5:02:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the photo, Bob. That will be nice scene.

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 03/06/2021 :  8:47:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I was Finishing my station I found myself asking; Where is this Agent going to live? Then I saw an ad one the bottom of this web page from Ebay featuring this kit;

That would be perfect. And. it was only $10! It came today. The instruction are well done. They give what you need to assemble the building but there's nothing on paint or weathering. The Wood siding is of Good quality. They provide a tar paper roof that I will replace with wood shingles. The windows and doors are Laser cut stock of some sort. Each has 3 pieces and are assembled with a peal and stick method. It does make the window easier to paint. No foundation is supplied. Here are the pieces painted;

When my computer crash I lost my slicer program so I have been new versions of slicer programs. I really like Citubox. It's easy to use, make copies and position the model.
Testing these slicer have given me the opportunity to improve the quality of my prints with the objective of being able to print Passenger car sides and architecture details.
Here's some of my prints. What works for the window mulleins doesn't work for the wall straightness but I'm getting closer.

I hope you enjoyed this.

Bob

It's only make-believe

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 03/06/2021 :  8:59:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob,

Youíve got some interesting projects going on. Yes, Iím enjoying seeing you making progress.

Mike

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 03/07/2021 :  02:37:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
assembling the doors and windows wasn't as bad as I feared. It really is going together quickly. I just need to do the roof.

I need to repaint the chimney.

Bob

It's only make-believe

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 03/07/2021 :  08:47:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've got a couple of those Laser Kits. They do look very clean and easy to build.

I really like your brick walls. They came out nice. Gives me hope for the same quality.

A couple of questions. What printer are you using and resin? What size are those bricks?

Bernd

New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

Page: of 34 Previous Topic: New source for 3D printed arch-bar trucks Topic Next Topic: Ken Kidder Porter 2-6-0  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000