Railroad Line Forums - Spring Mills Depot
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 129 ]  [ Total: 131 ]  [ Newest Member: john.l.schooff@gmail.com ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Club Forums
 The Model Railroad Club Forum
 Spring Mills Depot
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: NEB&W may be mothballed  

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 05/09/2019 :  4:46:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
Back in Nov. 2017, I made an order for 4 N&W cabooses from Spring Mills Depot, expected to be shipped by July 2018.

I know they have had to look for another supplier to make the models, as the one they used went out of business, but I am getting frustrated with them, as I have recently sent several emails trying to find out if they are still working on a solution.

The thing is, they have not responded, and I am worried they my end up with my cash, and I have nothing to show for it.

I have heard that some people have waited several years, and still waiting, this is not a good way to do business. The least they could do is reply to my enquiries.

Any thoughts? I keep thinking they went out of business, but haven't shut down their web site.
Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

Ray46
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/10/2019 :  1:37:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not trying to be holier than thou but honestly, someone wanted your money 9 months before they promised delivery of the product and that wasn't a red flag. This sounds all too familiar. Maybe we as consumers we should stop blaming suppliers and realize we are shooting ourselves in the foot by ordering in this manner.

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 05/10/2019 :  2:27:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very sorry to hear this Tony. Not a very good situation to be in. When it comes to modeling companies, I too trust they will do right by us. I have also paid in advance for a model due to be put out without worries like this. I don't know anything about Spring Mills Depot, never did business with them before.
I know after being taken, the last thing you want is to buy something at the moment. But, I see you must like N&W, so where I have this kit that I'll never build, if you are interested in it, I'd be willing to make a trade for something, or take $25.00 for it. Let me know your thoughts.
I do hope however that your issued is ironed out.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 05/10/2019 :  5:27:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by desertdrover

Very sorry to hear this Tony. Not a very good situation to be in. When it comes to modeling companies, I too trust they will do right by us. I have also paid in advance for a model due to be put out without worries like this. I don't know anything about Spring Mills Depot, never did business with them before.
I know after being taken, the last thing you want is to buy something at the moment. But, I see you must like N&W, so where I have this kit that I'll never build, if you are interested in it, I'd be willing to make a trade for something, or take $25.00 for it. Let me know your thoughts.
I do hope however that your issued is ironed out.

Louis,
Thanks, Actually, I have 2 of these kits, one I already built and posted on the forum a few months back. Here is a picture of the one I have built. The $25 is a good price, though. I did a lot of additional detail that took more research than I expected, particularly for the end rails and details. These are not included in the kit, nor the trucks, brake details etc., but I imagine you know this.

I appreciate the offer, but I am not sure when I will do my second one either.

Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 05/10/2019 :  7:34:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is fine Tony, just thought I put it out there for you. You did a fine looking job on the one you did do. For the price they go for, one would think some details, or at least the trucks would be included in the kit.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

CWRailman
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 05/13/2019 :  1:14:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit CWRailman's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Quality Craft also produced a N&W caboose. It was their kit #325. I have one in my inventory if you are interested in purchasing for a fair price, I can dig it out and shoot you some photo’s.

Denny
Janitor in Training
CW Loco and Car Rebuild Shops
WEB site: http://www.cwrailman.com/
Facebook: CWRailman

Topic Next Topic: NEB&W may be mothballed  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000