Railroad Line Forums - Thursday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 126 ]  [ Total: 131 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigbandito ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Thursday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Friday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Wednesday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/25/2019 :  08:13:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew from overcast and 50 degree N.E. Indiana where it looks like rain is imminent. Yhe coffee urn is ready with Eye Opener Blend today. The special is Belgian Waffles and bacon. Decaf, diet pop, tea, etc, down the line.

Zero modeling yesterday as I got a little carried away with the nice weather and spent about 6 hours chainsawing two 40' trees that were dead, then proceeded to burn the debris. This morning it feels like about 3 hours too long.

C'mon rain! I need to get some bench time in.

Good news on Dave's eye exam yesterday.

Wonder if the dealer gave Bruce a Gladiator last night? If he plays his undecided card right, this could go on for a year or two.

I'll be ordering a couple of Walt's new benches, they'll be the most organized ones I have.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 04/25/2019 :  08:18:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the RR-L Crew. 2 slices of Sunmaid Raisin bread toast (They cut it thin) and tea. Coffee and vorrtman later.
Probably RAIN most of the day. Oh Fun, not.

BUSY, BUSY day today. I have work in the garage and stacks of 3D printing to do. Plus I got 8 notices of package delivery today from the 3D printer manufacture. I only ordered 4 items so I have no idea what they have sent. Be like Christmas except I may have to send the presents back.

Well, Got to get busy. Have Hydrocal castings to do and probably run the still as I need more IPA. Always something
Everyone have a Safe and Fun day in the Train yard.

Walt

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/25/2019 :  08:51:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A (belated) Happy ANZAC Day to everyone in Australia and New Zealand. I've opened my bag of ANZAC Biscuits for my morning coffee.

There's a lot to be said for a holiday with its own special cookie!

One more week (after today) of geology, then 2 weeks of vacation. Right now I'm behind in motivation for the layout, we'll see how that changes this weekend.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/25/2019 :  08:56:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is 50 degrees and overcast here in S.E. Michigan. We should get up near 60 today.

Jim, we are leaning towards the Ram on a lease. When the lease is up, we will consider the Gladiator again. Right now they are still scarce, only available in 4 initial colors, and have no 'special' deals on them.

Time to spend some time in the yard again. I've been lollygagging too long.

Have a great day!

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/25/2019 :  09:54:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cloudy and mildly cool in Michigan’s West-Central area. I awoke to the Doll walking the house with a fire in her hand.....oil lamp. The electricity was out. Still is. The original guesstimate of 9:45 has just been increased to 12:30, due to equipment failure. Doll said she was watchin’ a story on TV about old Gropin’ Joe entering the race, the microwave let out a loud scream and the TV went dead... We’re about 10 miles W at an undisclosed secure place having breakfast....(no potatoes, Dr Joe) and looking at the bony waitress’ new tats...ewe...

I started in on the crab apple tree that needs to come down yesterday. The electric chainsaw I bought after my miserable Stihl quit is a POS too. The chain won’t stay on. So. A darkness fell over me as it seems like everything I do these days goes to ———— on me. No matter what.

Not sure on plans for today, plans on the UP project are going slow, it’s still been nearly winter there. My son is planning on a road trip this weekend to check out the land, I drew him some maps so maybe he can find it.

Well, time to run along. We’re going to take a little ride. Breakfast was good.

Bruce good luck with the vehicle situation, leasing my Tacoma, I had to get more mileage allowance than the lowball leases they wave in front of you on TV as you can eat up 1000/mo real fast.

Salute to all Veterans in honor of ANZAC day the Australia and everywhere!! Thank you to you all.

Great day all!

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 04/25/2019 10:34:58 AM

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 04/25/2019 :  10:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Karl. Sounds like the blade just needs to be tightened. I bought an electric one from Harbor Freight a number of years ago and it just keeps going. I use my Saws-All a lot on shrubbery cutting.

Walt

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/25/2019 :  10:34:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all. Beautiful morning in So. Wisconsin and both grandkids are at school. Their parents left Milwaukee for Nashville but the pilot ended up in Cleveland. Maybe a 3 hour wait till they get going again. Trees, I don’t cut them anymore, have done plenty over the years.

I took some time away from my latest project, pipe racks. They have been kicking my butt, but I have been back at it this morning. I know what and how they should look but when I put one together, the beams look to big. Just like my conveyors, eventually I’ll get it. Enjoy your day.

TomO

Michael
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 04/25/2019 :  11:20:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning from the eastern end of Lake Ontario:

Thanks for opening the lounge, Jim.

Sunshine and temperatures in the low fifties F/low teens C. We are expecting heavy rains starting tonight through Friday evening.

The sun today is incentive to venture outside to putter around in the front and back yards. My spring cleanup revolves around good weather and shift work. They have not been coinciding of late.

Rain tomorrow equals potential train time.

Bruce, the Dodge Ram is a decent vehicle for it's price (at least here in Canada). It's a favorite of my wife, Megan. We recently purchased a Jeep Cherokee, a decent vehicle as well, but I think our Honda Odyssey will be replaced with a Dodge Ram eventually - once the kids are off to university!

Have a great day everyone,

Michael

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/25/2019 :  5:44:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Walt, the chain was tight as a drum, tighter than I’d ever run a gas saw with. As it was last yr when I tried it first.

I also had just seen a Sawzall used on some trimming on TV. So I gave it a try. I have almost all the tree down, now, worn out the blade, need another but the recip saws are a gem. 15lb lighter, too than a gas saw. Near top of the tree and I’m running short of courage.... time for

Our 5pm weather blurb says “Snow possible this weekend”, of course, it’s syrup festival time in town.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 04/25/2019 5:49:09 PM

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 04/25/2019 :  6:28:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl I had trouble with my chain coming off ended up buying a new blade worked out well.

Mark

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/25/2019 :  7:05:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl,

The multiple STIHL saws I've owned over the last fifty years, and that in other iterations have been in my family for decades before that, have all been magnificent machines. Well maintained, they seem to last forever, so I'm surprised at your description of your experience. I suspect you may have a dealer issue....

I know where there's a good dealer if you need one, and it's only about fifty miles out of your way to Da Yoop.

Pete
in Michigan

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/25/2019 :  7:06:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, Don't axe for my advice.

Jim

Previous Topic: Friday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Wednesday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000