Railroad Line Forums - Switching though a why q
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 113 ]  [ Total: 116 ]  [ Newest Member: john.l.schooff@gmail.com ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 DCC, Computers and Electronics for Model Railroads
 Switching though a why q
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: MRC Prodigy throttle control bus wiring? Topic Next Topic: Lineside Signals for the B&M Eastern Route  

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 04/15/2019 :  11:55:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK without drawing pictures, if I have a track coming down from a logging run and at the bottom could go two ways though a why one going to the town and one leg to the saw mill how do I use an AR1. To switch back and forth up and down the mountain . I am jesting nce. Doc.

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/15/2019 :  12:46:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom, I'm a little confused. Are the two legs separate? It sounds like you are using a Wye turnout as regular turnout. Does the track connect between the saw mill and the town? If that's the case, then the main line goes to the rails coming down from the mountain, and the double gaps go at the ends of the wye.

http://www.digitrax.com/media/apps/products/autoreversing/ar1/documents/AR1.pdf

Jim

Where's Lou, when we need him?

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 04/16/2019 :  11:33:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jim thanks for the answer I am not sure if coming down the mountain and enter into eather leg of the reverser it will work and the same goes if going up the mountain. I know itís hard to explain but what do you think. Tom

cajon
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/16/2019 :  1:58:30 PM  Show Profile  Send cajon a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
RRs spell that track arrangement "wye", i.e. not like the question word "why".

Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
LAJ/ATSF Modeler

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/16/2019 :  2:58:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom, feed the rails coming from down the mountain with your 'main' power bus, and the loop that goes between the mill and town with the output from the AR1. Remember to isolate both rails on the two sides of the wye.

Jim

Edited by - BurleyJim on 04/16/2019 3:01:46 PM

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 04/16/2019 :  6:30:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will try later tonight if I can Thanks Tom

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  5:00:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tom, Jim is right with his suggestion. Assuming that your town connects with the saw mill like the below drawing, than yes, double gap in those areas shown, and attach the AR-1 as shown.
However, if your town and saw mill do not connect with each other, than no reverser switch/AR-1 is needed for that type of set-up.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 04/19/2019 :  11:26:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Louis and Jim thank you for your help I will be finishing that problem up tonight I hope. Tom

Previous Topic: MRC Prodigy throttle control bus wiring? Topic Next Topic: Lineside Signals for the B&M Eastern Route  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000