Railroad Line Forums - Friday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 115 ]  [ Total: 118 ]  [ Newest Member: colind ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Friday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Saturday, a good solar day.... Topic Next Topic: Damaged Goods  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/12/2019 :  07:45:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, grab your slickers, it'll be raining all day. The coffee urn is ready with Caboose Stove blend. Egg & cheese Engish muffins are on the serving line. Yuppie cups and pop at the end of the serving line.

Maybe a little bench recovery this morning, more appointments this afternoon.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 04/12/2019 :  08:46:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the Rest of the RR-L Crew. 51 deg. outside right now. It was 83 yesterday, YES 83 from 41 about 11am.
Rain last night and wet out now with heavy storms still on the horizon. Remember the Palm Sunday Tornadoes of 1965, the deadliest in Indiana history.

Not much happening these last few days. been fussing around with that Cricut machine and making up a LARGE poster I designed for a convention fist of May.

everyone be SAFE and have a Fun day in the Stormy Train Yard.

Walt

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 04/12/2019 :  09:02:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim, Walt and crew. It's pollen season in Tidewater Virginia. Everything is covered with a yellow dust. I'm about to go out to cut the grass. Pat told me to wear a mask.

Have a good day.
George

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/12/2019 :  09:02:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Walt, George and the rest of the crew. It is raining and 49 degrees here in S.E. Michigan. We should get into the upper 50's later today.

My head feels like it is in a pressure chamber. Not sure whether it is allergies or a sinus infection, but either way, I will be on light duty today.

I'll start off updating two more clinics to get ready for the National Convention and two of the fall conventions.

Have a great day!

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/12/2019 :  09:04:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slicker and boots laid out by the door in case an exit is needed.

The HVAC crew worked hard all day and we have heat and this summer will have a/c, a nice addition to the quality of life here this year. Meanwhile our building plans in the UP took a hit, the fellow we had prepare an estimate gave us the I don't want to mess with anything so small it's beneath me price, WELL over a quarter million for a 'quaint little shack" under a thousand sq ft. So, our plans are on hold. Pup tent and a camp stove.

I've a little project I may get at today to make a little base for the shack we built at last month Division meeting so I can take it to tomorrow's meeting.

A little something to eat will be next up, muffin and egg? maybe.

Good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/12/2019 :  10:04:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the Southern part of Wisconsin where the weather guys are confused. It rained and very heavy at times and not a bit of snow is left. Mid 40s today, possible snow again tonight, maybe an inch but high 40s tomorrow. MarkB up in North Central Wisconsin lives about 5 miles south of Wausau and the TV (never wrong of course) says it got 15 of white yesterday. I am thrilled, the only thing we miss is Lake DuBay, we dont live up there anymore!

The concert and retirement party for the director of bands of the UW Marching band yesterday was great. 50 years the Director has lead the band. He flew around in a jet pack and then used a harness to travel in the air doing tumbles in the air at 82. A 3 hour celebration. I did find the travel last night tough to handle. The lights shining against the rain soaked pavement, so I closed the eyes and let Terry have the fun. I have had a couple headache episodes since I returned from the hospital, I dont want more. My bathroom has been fixed with the I am getting old grab bars. The problem is I dont remember falling so not sure they would have helped, but Terry feels better. Nothing today. Enjoy yours.

TomO

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/12/2019 :  10:24:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, all. The NH seacoast is overcast and low 40s (F), forecast to be about the same all day.

My tax preparer had last-minute questions so I couldn't go be a gandy dancer at Seashore. Lots to do around the house and on the layout while I wait for the next call, though.

Mark B
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/12/2019 :  10:52:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tom- the TV guys matched what I had in the driveway. The snow was like wet concrete and my blower did not like it very much. Grandson's school has a 2 hour delay for start time so things are sort of getting back to normal. Plan to spend more time painting detail pieces.
Hoping for Spring to get here and stay.
Enjoy the day, whatever it brings.....
Mark B.

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 04/12/2019 :  11:13:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bruce, Most likely a Sinus Infection from early pollen. I've gotten it almost every year but this one.

Walt

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 04/12/2019 :  11:49:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good late morning railroaders what a week I have had car recalls had to buy a new laptop my wife hit a trash can with her passenger side mirror broke the glass and the turn signal lite not a cheap fix on an Audi !! she met a truck on our narrow road and got sqeezed over the trash was by the edge of the road. it was 70 this morning when I got up at 7 starting to rain now here in SE Ohio taking it easy for now.

Mark

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/12/2019 :  5:30:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don Ball was in the area. We drove up to the Union NH layout and spent a couple of great hours looking at their 1909 layout and their museum. Then we talked about switch machines and lots of other topics on my own layout. This was a great visit, I learned lots.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Previous Topic: Saturday, a good solar day.... Topic Next Topic: Damaged Goods  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000