Railroad Line Forums - sierra west scale models railroad camp-O scale
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 126 ]  [ Total: 132 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 sierra west scale models railroad camp-O scale
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: DRIFTWOOD yes that banefull word can be used again Topic Next Topic: Rail Scale Miniatures Whispering Falls arrives
Page: of 10

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 07/09/2019 :  09:22:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thank you jerry.

the only mystery in life is...why did the kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 07/24/2019 :  12:13:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i got a little work done on the scenery, first two layers are pretty much done except for the area inside the fence and the other side of the fence. the buildings and the fence are not affixed to the base. i'm leaving them removable to allow me to finish the scenery. (at least that scenery that can be done without the buildings in the way:
[edit] forgot to add the pics.

it's an optical illusion that there is a slope from the fence to the edge of the board. there isn't. it's as flat as a board. cuz it's a board.....

Edited by - kebmo on 07/24/2019 12:20:18 AM

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 07/25/2019 :  4:25:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
for mike:
mike, you asked me to send pics of our gardens to give you some ideas.

mislabeled as east garden, this is actually the west garden. a combination of phlox, zinnias, cone flowers, iris, lilies and black eyed susans, allysum and marigolds.

east garden:

tickseed, zinnias, dahlias, phlox, bee balm, marigolds, cone flowers, black eyed susans and more zinnias.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/25/2019 :  5:59:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that's some really realistic scenery. Beautiful!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 07/26/2019 :  08:23:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks jerry. they're alot of work for a few months enjoyment, but worth it.

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/26/2019 :  10:04:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bravo on your yard landscaping Kevin, and the model isn't bad either!

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 07/26/2019 :  12:13:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well thanks buddy!

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 07/26/2019 :  3:03:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kevin,

Youíve created a beautiful garden. Your mixing perennials with annuals is quite effective. I recent years Iíve been growing more zinnias to attract butterflies, including monarchs. I imagine you have to water certain plants. Your patio looks very inviting.

Your model continues to get better and better. The fence enhances the scene.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 07/26/2019 :  5:58:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
mike,
thanks. when i first dug out a row of juniper bushes and created the gardens, we went with all annuals, spending upwards of $400 every spring on flowers. after a few years of that i decided to start introducing perennials and now we just put a few annuals in every year. i water almost every night, and it's worth it. i've sprayed the yard for skeeters twice so far this year, and they are terrible. between 7 and 9 at we can't even step outside.
got i hate those little blood sucking.

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 07/28/2019 :  6:44:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i'm adding two more figures to the diorama and i need a little advise with this one.
he's pewter, and he's carrying a crate. does anyone have any suggestions for an adhesive that will keep him from falling on his crate?
i tried adding a picture of him but for some reason the software isn't allowing it tonight. anyway, he's o scale, pretty sure he's 1/43, he's pewter and he's carrying a crate. suggestions welcome.
thanks in advance....

Edited by - kebmo on 07/28/2019 6:45:21 PM

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 07/28/2019 :  7:40:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
An approach to securing figures is to drill a hole in one leg, insert a wire with a little superglue gel, and drill a hole in the scene where you want the figure. I do this in HO. Should work in O. I usually do not glue the figure in place in case I want to move it.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Edited by - Michael Hohn on 07/28/2019 7:43:52 PM

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 07/28/2019 :  7:51:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
great idea, thanks mike!

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 07/31/2019 :  08:47:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i'm a little concerned because with all the flowers in the back yard, we haven't seen a single bumblebee this year. i find that alarming.
got the front of the dio completed last night and started working on the left side. here's the front:

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 07/31/2019 :  09:34:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Itís a busy place withi all the activity. Figures.

Mike

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 07/31/2019 :  09:59:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kevin, your backyard looks beautiful with all of your flowers in bloom.
Looks like a great space for a garden railroad!
Your diorama is also coming to life with your scenery work.
I don't see any chimneys on the structures, are they still to come?

Greg Shinnie

Page: of 10 Previous Topic: DRIFTWOOD yes that banefull word can be used again Topic Next Topic: Rail Scale Miniatures Whispering Falls arrives  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000